• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Religions of the Book - re-named

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
So my son says to me,

"Mom. I’ve decided that since the religions “Of the Book,” You know Judaism, Christianity and Islam; are so similar to each other they don’t really deserve separate names. So I’ve re-named them as follows:
  • Jews
  • Jews II: Return of the Jew
  • Jews: Director’s Cut (since they think they are the more correct, edited version)

Don’t you think that’s a good idea?"

I think he has a point.

So my son says to me,

"Mom. I’ve decided that since the religions “Of the Book,” You know Judaism, Christianity and Islam; are so similar to each other they don’t really deserve separate names. So I’ve re-named them as follows:
  • Jews
  • Jews II: Return of the Jew
  • Jews: Director’s Cut (since they think they are the more correct, edited version)

Don’t you think that’s a good idea?"

I think he has a point.
Known meme.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 35
I like the Mormon one!

Thank you, and funny; I will have to show him. Wonder where he saw (part of) this?

Although I like his "director's cut" one.

All religions of Faith. Faith in the Book, Faith its proclamations, Faith in the existence of its Deity/s ....

And what is up with that worship of faith, anyway! Faith is, like, nothing! What were they thinking!

And what is up with that worship of faith, anyway! Faith is, like, nothing! What were they thinking!

That's the thing, they probably aren't thinking. They are feeling. They fulfill their deep seated emotional needs, their feelings, fears and desires, hopes and dreams, with satisfying answers.

I like to think of them as The Jewish Book Of Lies, The Christian Book Of Lies, The Muslim Book Of Lies and Joe Smith's Bumper Book Of Lies.

They're definitely not accumulated stories from various points in history of the various stages of development of humanity's understanding and lack of understanding of how they should treat one another and God.

Back
Top Bottom