• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Replacement Theory

US Europeans: We won't let immigrants replace us!
Rest of the world: But you are immigrants!

Anyway, this type of social engineering has been occurring in other places, see the United Kingdom for example.

Let me guess you care about social engineering when it affects white people but brown people dealing with it since this country was founded was no cause for alarm.

The concept of replacement theory is mostly some bullshit cooked up by the radical right to try and convince their ignorant white supporters that the Democrats are planning on bringing in huge numbers of Hispanic folks to increase the percentage of Dem voters.

Of course, there are many errors in this. First of all, it usually takes about 10 years before a new immigrant can become a citizen, if that's what they want. Secondly, Hispanic citizens are starting to leave the Democratic Party and be more supportive of the Republicans. From what I've read it's at least partly if not largely due to social or cultural issues. Plus, the Democrats aren't trying to bring in huge numbers of immigrants. We've always been a nation of immigrants, but there is no secret plan to being in millions of immigrants that would vote illegally.

But, the Republicans are indoctrinating their supporters by using right wing news sites, into believing that the Democrats are somehow allowing non citizens to vote. Tucker Carlson, or as I prefer to call him, that Fucker Carlson, has gained a lot of believers in this nonsense. It's brought high ratings for the propaganda put out on Fox. Never under estimate the gullibility of a Fox fan.

I think most Democrats are open to more racial and cultural diversity. But, even when white people become a minority, they will still be the largest minority group in the country for a very long time.

I'm gifting another long article on this topic that explain some of the bullshit being put out there by some of the Republicans in Congress along with Carlson. I think the link can be accessed for 30 days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/15/...H69R16jWGeZ_fRo9DCkH2HYK9Er0nw&smid=url-share

Three shootings, three different targets — but all linked by one sprawling, ever-mutating belief now commonly known as replacement theory. At the extremes of American life, replacement theory — the notion that Western elites, sometimes manipulated by Jews, want to “replace” and disempower white Americans — has become an engine of racist terror, helping inspire a wave of mass shootings in recent years and fueling the 2017 right-wing rally in Charlottesville, Va., that erupted in violence.

By his own account, the Buffalo suspect, Payton S. Gendron, followed a lonelier path to radicalization, immersing himself in replacement theory and other kinds of racist and antisemitic content easily found on internet forums, and casting Black Americans, like Hispanic immigrants, as “replacers” of white Americans. Yet in recent months, versions of the same ideas, sanded down and shorn of explicitly anti-Black and antisemitic themes, have become commonplace in the Republican Party — spoken aloud at congressional hearings, echoed in Republican campaign advertisements and embraced by a growing array of right-wing candidates and media personalities.

I have no problem with the country becoming more ethnically, culturally and racially diverse. Diversity is a positive imo. But, the Republicans, especially those furthest to the right are using this to manipulate their ignorant base. It's been done in the past, and sadly, it's being used again to scare people who fear being a minority.

The idea that Black citizens are invaders is totally insane, since their ancestors were forced here to be enslaved. African Americans have been a part of the US long before most of us who have Northern European ancestors. So, who's replacing who? That just shows how insane this idea is and how horrific the hatred toward our Black citizens can be. The same can be said of Mexicans, since 10 states were once part of Mexico, before they became part of the US.

So Whites replaced Latinos and Native Americans in the 19th Century. That was all accomplished using force. That was a mission from God, "Manifest Destiny".

And now they are worried that Latinos somehow will replace White people. But Latinos don't have their own military. To call this paranoia would be to compliment it. It is flat out racism.

So Whites replaced Latinos and Native Americans in the 19th Century. That was all accomplished using force. That was a mission from God, "Manifest Destiny".

And now they are worried that Latinos somehow will replace White people. But Latinos don't have their own military. To call this paranoia would be to compliment it. It is flat out racism.
Many turn to hate as an alternative to examining their own conscience.

Some people hate you for what they have done to you.

It is ironic but has a ruthless logic to it. Naturally, if you destroy someone's life, it will be harder for that person to live indeorndently, you would think, so that person might need more support than others. The person that is desperate for an alternative to acknowledging guilt may argue that their erstwhile victim is a "leech" or a "mocher" or a "welfare queen."

But then that person does well and survives well independently for cultural reasons. You might imagine that that would appease hateful individuals that might otherwise see those people as a burden, but you would be wrong. Instead, this odd resilience can inspire jealousy, and again, this jealousy is a more palatable alternstive to examination of one's own conscience.

The idea of those people being better can even manifest as fear, therefore fear of being "replaced."

I say, instead of being afraid of people that can thrive in spite of adversity, we ought to steal their ideas and become stronger through synthesis.

But I am a little weird.

Word to yo mutha. Can I? Pretty please?

Edit: I'll gladly exchange Ben Shapiro for Alexandra Wilson. But the UK wouldn't accept that trade because of an obvious difference in value.

Anyway, this type of social engineering has been occurring in other places, see the United Kingdom for example.

Let me guess you care about social engineering when it affects white people but brown people dealing with it since this country was founded was no cause for alarm.

To me, it doesn't matter the color of the skin of people at all. It does seem extremely important to the people that get involved with social engineering. I look at the fad of transgender and woke politics as a form of social engineering.

I could be wrong about this, but where is the correct version of this chant?

"You will not replace us!"

Until I see the proof, I believe this is the correct version.
I.e., the words were not "Jews will not replace us!" But rather, "You will not replace us!" "You" not "Jews" and someone is distorting what these protesters are really complaining about. Here's one video of protesters:
and the words here are "You will not replace us" -- "You" and not "Jews"

Copernicus (#21 May 17): Remember the Charlotte white supremacist rally, where they chanted "Jews will not replace us!" That didn't mean that Jews would become more numerous, just that they would somehow gain socially advantageous position and status . . .
etc.

I'm skeptical that the above is the correct words that the protesters were saying. I'm suspicious that a more normal protest (not antisemitic) is what's happening, and it's being distorted. The real protest is against employers who hire cheap labor, especially immigrants. Also against foreign imports and globalism.

I wasn't there, but I saw something on the news, showing the crowd of chanters, and what I heard was "You will not replace us."

How can it be confirmed what the real words were.

The phrase "Jews will not replace us" really makes no sense. Even for an antisemite it makes no sense.

But the phrase "You will not replace us" refers to workers being replaced by cheap labor, especially being replaced by foreign labor and immigrant labor. This version of the chant expresses what millions of Americans are whining about, including both the Trumpsters and Bernie Sanders fanatics, and the "You" being addressed is the dirty capitalist pig employers trying to increase their profits by reducing their labor cost, which is good for the economy, for the benefit of all consumers. They have been replacing less competitive workers for decades, even centuries -- replacing them not only by cheap labor but also by machines, and labor union fanatics and workers rights crusaders have condemned employers for doing this.

Except for this hate against employers doing the right thing, competing in the economy, there would be no "replacement theory" condemning anyone and fearing immigrants or minorities or others.

What seems to be happening is that there are many workers who are afraid of being replaced, because there are others who will do the same job at a lower wage level, and in their paranoia to keep the wage level up they go on a rampage against any scapegoat that is noticeable -- i.e., against mostly immigrants and foreign imports or foreign labor which competes with them. And liberals/progressives notice this flaw in their economic theories, that it encourages paranoid workers to scapegoat someone other than the employers. So progressives/liberals are distorting these protests into something purely racist rather than the more normal hate against employers.

The primary fear is that of the uncompetitive worker who perceives he has a Right to his job, as his property, and that it is an injustice to him if he is replaced by another worker who can do the same job at lower cost. Or in some cases, by a machine.

But my question is: Where is the clear evidence that these shouting chanting protesters were saying "Jews will not replace us!" and that they were not saying the words "You will not replace us!"

Though I could be wrong, since I did not interview these protesters, I suspect that the word was "You" and not "Jews". And further, if these protesters could be interviewed and asked what their complaint was, I suspect their complaint would be mainly about immigrants and foreign cheap labor replacing them because of the dirty employers who are unpatriotic and greedy and callous toward the working class.

I would like to know if I'm mistaken, but where is an accurate quote of the chanters, telling us for sure what the wording is?

And were these protesters interviewed and asked who they're afraid of, who is replacing them? and replacing them IN WHAT WAY? -- WHAT IS THE REPLACEMENT object or person being put in their place? Everyone is talking ABOUT these protesters, but what are the protesters themselves saying? Who is interviewing the protesters and asking them specifically what they're afraid of? I suspect that their ideas are mostly about economics rather than about race or Jews, and that their strongest hate is against the employers who are replacing them in order to save on labor cost.

And finally, lets' tell the truth: YOU SHOULD BE REPLACED by your employer if there is someone or something which can do your job at lower cost. That's the bottom-line replacement that is going on, and it's good to be replaced by whatever can do that function at lower cost. And American workers (or British or French etc.) should stop their whining and being pandered to by Bernie Sanders and other demagogues and accept the fact that their value is lower if they can easily be replaced. And that's mainly what these protesters were chanting about and what they have been misled about, by demagogues like Trump and other China-bashing politicians and nativists who tell them their job should be protected from those damn foreigners and immigrants who are inferior to them but are being hired by the dirty capitalist corporations who are putting "PROFITS BEFORE PEOPLE."

Someone needs to interview those protesters themselves, so we can hear it from their lips, instead of always getting only the interpretation of others who are painting a different picture they want us to see. Where is a reporter who took 1 or 2 protesters aside and asked them these questions?

I enjoyed that read up until the part about it being a rally about immigrants replacing workers. I thought that one was about a confederate statue being removed. :ROFLMAO:

Lumpenproletariat, you are right that most of the time, the chant was "You will not replace us", because it was primarily a protest against African Americans replacing whites. However, the chant also morphed into "Jews will not replace us", and that is not only clear from some audio clips, but it was noticed and talked about by others.

For example, see:

When white nationalists chant their weird slogans, what do they mean?

• “You Will Not Replace Us!” This slogan was coined from a statement by Nathan Damigo, founder of the white-nationalist campus group Identity Evropa, who retorted to an anti-Donald Trump “He will not divide us” campaign by actor Shia LeBeouf on social media: “Shia LeBeouf, you will not replace us with your globalism.” The chant is closely related to the white-nationalist “White Genocide” meme, reflective of their fears that white people and white culture are under attack from multiculturalism and nonwhite races. According to the Anti-Defamation League, the slogan began appearing on white-nationalist flyers and banners in May, and has spread widely since then. (At times during the first Charlottesville march, the chant morphed into “Jews Will Not Replace Us!”)

Lumpenproletariat, you are right that most of the time, the chant was "You will not replace us", because it was primarily a protest against African Americans replacing whites. However, the chant also morphed into "Jews will not replace us", and that is not only clear from some audio clips, but it was noticed and talked about by others.

For example, see:

• “You Will Not Replace Us!” This slogan was coined from a statement by Nathan Damigo, founder of the white-nationalist campus group Identity Evropa, who retorted to an anti-Donald Trump “He will not divide us” campaign by actor Shia LeBeouf on social media: “Shia LeBeouf, you will not replace us with your globalism.” The chant is closely related to the white-nationalist “White Genocide” meme, reflective of their fears that white people and white culture are under attack from multiculturalism and nonwhite races. According to the Anti-Defamation League, the slogan began appearing on white-nationalist flyers and banners in May, and has spread widely since then. (At times during the first Charlottesville march, the chant morphed into “Jews Will Not Replace Us!”)
You can save a lot of time by not reading anything Lumpen writes that is more than a few lines long.

I have noticed that the amount of words he uses is directly proportional to how likely he is to be completely and obviously wrong; Indeed, I strongly suspect that the less confident he is, the more words he uses, in an effort to persuade himself that he has actually thought things through.

I think I just spotted a personal attack
giphy.gif

The immigrants replacing American workers is an interesting take though. I know that's a grievance amongst conservatives. And I do agree with the sentiment that if someone else will do the job cheaper, corporations will higher them. It's just how capitalism works.

. . . a rally about immigrants replacing workers. I thought that one was about a confederate statue being removed. :ROFLMAO:
Maybe it was both.

What did they mean when they chanted: "You will not replace us!" That was about the statue? What does their replacement have to do with the statue?

you are right that most of the time, the chant was "You will not replace us", because it was primarily a protest against African Americans replacing whites. However, the chant also morphed into "Jews will not replace us", and that is not only clear from some audio clips, but it was noticed and talked about by others.

For example, see:

• “You Will Not Replace Us!” This slogan was coined from a statement by Nathan Damigo, founder of the white-nationalist campus group Identity Evropa, who retorted to an anti-Donald Trump “He will not divide us” campaign by actor Shia LeBeouf on social media: “Shia LeBeouf, you will not replace us with your globalism.” The chant is closely related to the white-nationalist “White Genocide” meme, reflective of their fears that white people and white culture are under attack from multiculturalism and nonwhite races. "According to the Anti-Defamation League, the slogan began appearing on white-nationalist flyers and banners in May, and has spread widely since then. (At times during the first Charlottesville march, the chant morphed into “Jews Will Not Replace Us!”)

Your above quote confirms my suspicion, though maybe I'm not reading the above correctly. It seems to say that one of these protesters, or their spokesperson, said "You will not replace us with your globalism." That is a Trumpist slogan against the replacement of American workers by foreign cheap labor, or by immigrant labor. Not necessarily about racism or Antisemitism. I see your "White" and "non-White" language above was all from someone other than the protesters. You have no quote from the protesters themselves saying they want to protect the White race, or are against non-Whites? or about protecting Whites from being replaced?

In any case, we don't have the correct meaning of this slogan, or the sentiment of the protesters, until someone interviews them directly, instead of just quoting from their political enemies or critics. Nevermind the Anti-Defamation League's interpretation of it. Tell us what those protesters themselves claim, or what they claim is the replacement that is going on.

When some reporter finally does that, at one of these rallies, I think what we'll find out is that the protesters are mainly concerned about being replaced as workers, i.e., being replaced by foreign labor or by immigrant labor, and believing it is immoral for employers to replace higher-paid workers with cheap labor, or by workers who are not of "our kind" but outsiders who don't belong here.

It is really sad how we managed to take a bunch of flaming tiki torch carrying middle class white people's message out of context. I feel really silly how their message was really about economic sustainability for American workers.

It is really sad how we managed to take a bunch of flaming tiki torch carrying middle class white people's message out of context. I feel really silly how their message was really about economic sustainability for American workers.
But why don't you (or why doesn't someone) just ask those torch-carrying protesters what they mean when they complain about being replaced? replaced by what? or by whom?

Are you afraid of what their answer might be?

The loudest shriekingest paranoid complaints against being replaced have always been those of uncompetitive workers whining about being replaced by machines, or by cheap labor (e.g. by "scabs" etc.). These complaints have led to riots and shootings and massacres. In England they even ended up executing a bunch of such protesters, Luddites, who did too much disruption and machine-smashing because they were being replaced.

How do we know these "replacement" protesters today are not being driven by a similar mental disturbance? Someone needs to ask those protesters themselves, directly, instead of quoting others who are pushing their own theories/propaganda.

. . . a rally about immigrants replacing workers. I thought that one was about a confederate statue being removed. :ROFLMAO:
Maybe it was both.

What did they mean when they chanted: "You will not replace us!" That was about the statue? What does their replacement have to do with the statue?

you are right that most of the time, the chant was "You will not replace us", because it was primarily a protest against African Americans replacing whites. However, the chant also morphed into "Jews will not replace us", and that is not only clear from some audio clips, but it was noticed and talked about by others.

For example, see:

• “You Will Not Replace Us!” This slogan was coined from a statement by Nathan Damigo, founder of the white-nationalist campus group Identity Evropa, who retorted to an anti-Donald Trump “He will not divide us” campaign by actor Shia LeBeouf on social media: “Shia LeBeouf, you will not replace us with your globalism.” The chant is closely related to the white-nationalist “White Genocide” meme, reflective of their fears that white people and white culture are under attack from multiculturalism and nonwhite races. "According to the Anti-Defamation League, the slogan began appearing on white-nationalist flyers and banners in May, and has spread widely since then. (At times during the first Charlottesville march, the chant morphed into “Jews Will Not Replace Us!”)

Your above quote confirms my suspicion, though maybe I'm not reading the above correctly. It seems to say that one of these protesters, or their spokesperson, said "You will not replace us with your globalism." That is a Trumpist slogan against the replacement of American workers by foreign cheap labor, or by immigrant labor. Not necessarily about racism or Antisemitism. I see your "White" and "non-White" language above was all from someone other than the protesters. You have no quote from the protesters themselves saying they want to protect the White race, or are against non-Whites? or about protecting Whites from being replaced?

In any case, we don't have the correct meaning of this slogan, or the sentiment of the protesters, until someone interviews them directly, instead of just quoting from their political enemies or critics. Nevermind the Anti-Defamation League's interpretation of it. Tell us what those protesters themselves claim, or what they claim is the replacement that is going on.

When some reporter finally does that, at one of these rallies, I think what we'll find out is that the protesters are mainly concerned about being replaced as workers, i.e., being replaced by foreign labor or by immigrant labor, and believing it is immoral for employers to replace higher-paid workers with cheap labor, or by workers who are not of "our kind" but outsiders who don't belong here.

Actually, the "Unite the Right" rally occurred 5 years ago--in 2017. The trigger for the march was the removal of a Confederate statue. Since then, we have had enough interviews and news articles to know exactly who the tiki torch protesters were and what they were protesting for. They were primarily a mixture of extreme white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups. The guy who drove his car into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing one of them, was a known neo-Nazi Hitler-admirer. The shift between "you" and "Jews" in the chant is quite understandable, and there were also pictures of stiff-armed Nazi salutes. So I don't think that there is any doubt about the white supremacist and antisemitic makeup of the crowd.

See:

What to know about the civil trial over Charlottesville's deadly "Unite the Right" rally

Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville Timeline

Where “replacement theory” comes from — and why it refuses to go away

Actually, the "Unite the Right" rally occurred 5 years ago--in 2017. The trigger for the march was the removal of a Confederate statue. Since then, we have had enough interviews and news articles to know exactly who the tiki torch protesters were and what they were protesting for. They were primarily a mixture of extreme white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups. The guy who drove his car into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing one of them, was a known neo-Nazi Hitler-admirer. The shift between "you" and "Jews" in the chant is quite understandable, and there were also pictures of stiff-armed Nazi salutes. So I don't think that there is any doubt about the white supremacist and antisemitic makeup of the crowd.

See:

What to know about the civil trial over Charlottesville's deadly "Unite the Right" rally

Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville Timeline

Where “replacement theory” comes from — and why it refuses to go away

But my question is about the meaning of

"You will not replace us!"

which is not answered in the above. Just give a quote from one of the protesters themselves. Quote what they say, not others commenting on them. When you finally do that, I think we'll find that they are protesting against being replaced as workers by foreign labor and immigrants. Probably also they have theories about reverse discrimination causing them to be replaced, or displaced by a minority who was given preference, as they see it.

It does no good to quote from scholar experts who promote "replacement theory" of some kind. You need to quote from the actual protesters themselves carrying their signs and chanting "You will not replace us!" Ask them who is replacing them, or replacing them with what or whom. (Or if they cite one of your scholars or journalists -- OK, then that expert might be able to represent them. But those protesters probably don't have a clue who these sources are that you are quoting.)

Just give one brief quote from them, here. Your above citations are not adequate. You are only presenting opinions of those who criticize the protesters.

Back
Top Bottom