• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republcians: Waaaah! Criticizing people for rape is character assassination! Waaaaaaah!

I want to hear testimony before I make up my mind. I don't know enough to have an informed opinion right now ... and possibly won't after testimony. Seems to be a lot of shucking and jiving on both sides of the fence here.

Wow. You are taking an unbelievably refreshing approach. Kudos to you sir/mam.
Firstly, there is evidence provided by Dr. Ford indicating she raised this happened in 2012. So we already have evidence suggesting this is not merely a hit job. In fact, that evidence is perhaps the only evidence we have of any potential incident involving her... short of the alleged accomplice stepping forward regarding a crime where the statute of limitations has not (and will not) pass.

Almost nothing can be said by Dr. Ford (short of "I made it all up") that'll change what we do know about the allegation. There is no evidence from the alleged assault that dates to the time it allegedly happened. All that is left is talk in front of a bunch of stuffy suits in DC.

To make matters worse it is very possible that Kavanaugh has no memory of the incident, if it happened, due to his drunken state. So he could be telling the truth and be guilty of committing an act of sexual assault.

So short of Avenatti dropping an A-Bomb with new revelations, the only real tangible thing we have is how Kavanaugh has responded to the allegations (not well) and piecing what we do know. We know that Kavanaugh was (is?) a heavy drinker, we know that Kavanaugh alleged being in a sex conquest group, a Renate Alumnus (though he lied poorly about it), which is exceedingly crass! Oh yeah, he also committed perjury in Senate testimony and his debt disappearing is insanely suspicious. Not to forget we have limited info regarding his involvement with the torture documents as well as using stolen documents when in the White House.

This guy is damaged goods. The Republicans, for whatever reason, are trying to shove him through confirmation. There has to be at least a half dozen other equally qualified (and hopefully lesser tainted) people they could immediately get up into the nomination position and be confirmed prior to January. But for some reason, Kavanaugh is their man.

A-bomb dropped, maybe. A third named woman, Julie Swetnick, has produced a statement that she observed Kavanaugh getting drunk and aggressive with females at around 10 house parties during their high school years.

Firstly, there is evidence provided by Dr. Ford indicating she raised this happened in 2012. So we already have evidence suggesting this is not merely a hit job. In fact, that evidence is perhaps the only evidence we have of any potential incident involving her... short of the alleged accomplice stepping forward regarding a crime where the statute of limitations has not (and will not) pass.

Almost nothing can be said by Dr. Ford (short of "I made it all up") that'll change what we do know about the allegation. There is no evidence from the alleged assault that dates to the time it allegedly happened. All that is left is talk in front of a bunch of stuffy suits in DC.

To make matters worse it is very possible that Kavanaugh has no memory of the incident, if it happened, due to his drunken state. So he could be telling the truth and be guilty of committing an act of sexual assault.

So short of Avenatti dropping an A-Bomb with new revelations, the only real tangible thing we have is how Kavanaugh has responded to the allegations (not well) and piecing what we do know. We know that Kavanaugh was (is?) a heavy drinker, we know that Kavanaugh alleged being in a sex conquest group, a Renate Alumnus (though he lied poorly about it), which is exceedingly crass! Oh yeah, he also committed perjury in Senate testimony and his debt disappearing is insanely suspicious. Not to forget we have limited info regarding his involvement with the torture documents as well as using stolen documents when in the White House.

This guy is damaged goods. The Republicans, for whatever reason, are trying to shove him through confirmation. There has to be at least a half dozen other equally qualified (and hopefully lesser tainted) people they could immediately get up into the nomination position and be confirmed prior to January. But for some reason, Kavanaugh is their man.

A-bomb dropped, maybe. A third named woman, Julie Swetnick, has produced a statement that she observed Kavanaugh getting drunk and aggressive with females at around 10 house parties during their high school years.

Drunk, agressive, and RAPING AND DRUGGING girls.

The first thing my wife said when the Ford story broke was something to the effect that "If this is true, there will be others coming forward".

It is possible that these women are lying or mistaken. And it is possible that Kavanaugh does not remember. But as an Yale trained lawyer, and judge, he ought to know that he should be making statements he knows to be true. If he says "I don't recall" that is different than saying "I didn't do it". The latter is literally a falsehood if he did do it even if he does not remember.

No one is accusing Kavanaugh of raping anyone. Just attempting to and drugging/drunking girls so that they can be.

They talked about "academics and athletics, going to church every Sunday at Little Flower, working on service projects, and friendship."

No one is accusing Kavanaugh of raping anyone. Just attempting to and drugging/drunking girls so that they can be.
The allegations include them standing in line to gang-rape girls I stand by my comment
Standing in line to rape someone isn't a crime (well... "standing in line to rape someone" isn't a crime specifically, but there could likely be other crimes that could fall under that category), and no one is alleging specifically he raped someone... yet.

The allegations include them standing in line to gang-rape girls I stand by my comment
Standing in line to rape someone isn't a crime (well... "standing in line to rape someone" isn't a crime specifically, but there could likely be other crimes that could fall under that category), and no one is alleging specifically he raped someone... yet.

So, because the allegations don't say she watched him go in to take a turn, he didn't take a turn. Surrounded by his preppie friends. With whom he would lose face if he chickened out. Sure. And someone seen standing in line for McDonalds didn't order fast food.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Kavanaugh's calendar... probably sports.
Or betting on sports.
Drinking while betting on sports.

And gang-raping women.

And gang-raping women.

Yes, this is where my curiosity lies. Do you actually talk about the gang rape you're about to commit, do you studiously avoid that subject and talk about something else, do you say nothing and just stand there quietly while trying not to make eye contact with anyone else in line?

I have absolutely no idea what the social etiquette of a gang-rape line would be.

That would be a really awkward line to stand in. What do you talk about with the other guys while you're waiting?
That is the part that seems improbable to me. How do you get a whole line of men who are witnessing a rape and no one wants to call the police or help the woman? I could believe 1 or 2 rapists but a whole line of them? Something seems wrong with the story to me. Or I could even believe a line of men waiting to take turns on a drunk woman who was horny and wanted wanted sex. But that would not be rape. The ridiculous part is a whole line of men standing around watching a violent rape and not doing anything. And why wouldn't the accuser herself who saw all this not call the police?! This does not pass the smell test to me.

That would be a really awkward line to stand in. What do you talk about with the other guys while you're waiting?
That is the part that seems improbable to me. How do you get a whole line of men who are witnessing a rape and no one wants to call the police or help the woman? I could believe 1 or 2 rapists but a whole line of them? Something seems wrong with the story to me. Or I could even believe a line of men waiting to take turns on a drunk woman who was horny and wanted wanted sex. But that would not be rape. The ridiculous part is a whole line of men standing around watching a violent rape and not doing anything. And why wouldn't the accuser herself who saw all this not call the police?! This does not pass the smell test to me.

Ya ... spend more time at a private boys high school during the 80s. I did. The situation is a lot less inconceivable than you think.

Your first problem is not understanding the environment or the context: anyone invited to this party in the first place would have to be "cool". If they were not a preppy, they would not be allowed to be there. The sort of guy that rats on the group wouldn't make it long, and there are plenty of opportunities to weed out covert feminists along the way, not the least of which being a school administration that plays softball with the football team and kicks back info on leaks, especially through "society" connections. and if you crashed the party, you would probably find yourself wearing a dress, as possibly being the one people were lining up to gang-rape.

And gang-raping women.

Yes, this is where my curiosity lies. Do you actually talk about the gang rape you're about to commit, do you studiously avoid that subject and talk about something else, do you say nothing and just stand there quietly while trying not to make eye contact with anyone else in line?

I have absolutely no idea what the social etiquette of a gang-rape line would be.

Boisterous, raucous bragging, possibly about the other times they am their ilk have done similar.
Or talking about the upcoming game. Or cheering on some other depraved act that is going on nearby.

She could be a lying crackpot, I'll wait to at least hear from her alleged witnesses, but "somebody would have stopped it" is not a good reason to think she is lying. Also, she didn't say "violent rape," she said the victims were intoxicated.

So, because the allegations don't say she watched him go in to take a turn, he didn't take a turn.
I'm saying she was very specific about what she did allegedly see.
Surrounded by his preppie friends. With whom he would lose face if he chickened out. Sure.
Or he could go in the room, wait a few minutes and come out to save face... I'm not particularly interested in the hypotheticals of accusations not specifically made.
And someone seen standing in line for McDonalds didn't order fast food.
I swear, I was holding it for a friend!!!

- - - Updated - - -

According to Kavanaugh's calendar... probably sports.
Or betting on sports.
Drinking while betting on sports.

And gang-raping women.
Is that 'Drinking and gang-raping woman while bettering on sports or talking about 'drinking while betting on sports' and 'gang-raping women'.

1) It isn't "rape" because the boys likely think she wants it or they are entitled to her or she is so wasted she'll never remember
2) She didn't report it because:
2a) Highly influential parents of accused
2b) She get into trouble for being at the party with drinking in the first place
2c) She was in denial about the allegation until it happened to her
3) Steubenville

Back
Top Bottom