• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republican Panic?

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
It looks like at least some Republicans can learn after all. Very slowly, but they can learn.
After four years of being told that Trump would destroy their party, cost them their jobs, their dignity and their legacies, there is a palpable feeling in the air among them. It's as if they finally realize that Trump is about to become an oversized boat anchor chained to their necks, but they don't know how to break those chains. Even their own media are making the slow turn. "The Hill" headline:

'Large parts' of GOP establishment want to distance themselves from Trump

Mainstream and leftist media are predictably smug about it.

media break.JPG

After four years, the pillars of the Republican Party are waking up to the consequences of denying what they knew - and said - when they were unanimously calling Trump unfit for the Presidency in early 2016.
And they're almost visibly panicking about it.
:boom:
Now it's time for some serious popcorn - Republicans are EXTREMELY good at taking advantage of the stupidity and short memories of their base. It should be fun to watch them develop the new version of "what we've always said" to untether themselves from this cataclysmic administration and imprint the new thing they've always said on the minds of their followers - all in just a few months.

It is panic when it says GOP Senator Floyd (STATE). Until then, it is just noise.

The never-trumpers are already making sure the trumpsuckers can’t distance themselves

[YOUTUBE] https://youtu.be/-vZp3FAQZvU[/YOUTUBE]

The never-trumpers are already making sure the trumpsuckers can’t distance themselves

[YOUTUBE] https://youtu.be/-vZp3FAQZvU[/YOUTUBE]

The whining about the unfairness of that effort is already underway as well.

[video]https://external-preview.redd.it/P-zNA_nDqPTrd9SkrwUth7abt-uFgavFjBz75DJI0jU.gif?format=mp4&c362dd4c[/video]

"If you want to make America great again, tell Donald Trump to go to hell." -Lindsey Graham, 2015.
Anyone applying for the speech-writing position on Lindsey's staff?

"If you want to make America great again, tell Donald Trump to go to hell." -Lindsey Graham, 2015.
Anyone applying for the speech-writing position on Lindsey's staff?

Conversely, if you want to make Donald Trump go to hell, make America great again.

Good luck! We're not going to just forget which political party tried to sell us all out to a brainless proto-fascist race-baiter, and who opposed him. The only people who will still be Republicans in five years are the ones who were always on board with the whole kit and kaboodle. Unfortunately, that is a large proportion of American voters.

Good luck! We're not going to just forget which political party tried to sell us all out to a brainless proto-fascist race-baiter, and who opposed him. The only people who will still be Republicans in five years are the ones who were always on board with the whole kit and kaboodle. Unfortunately, that is a large proportion of American voters.

Unfortunate but accurate. I think most folks vote their emotions.

Unfortunate but accurate. I think most folks vote their emotions.

Yes, until they actually get hurt. I think that's why Trump is sinking so fast right now.
We shall see if he can make them forget everything he has fucked up ... he has a few months to do that, which would normally be sufficient.
But the thing is, he keeps fucking things up.

Come on Republicans, walk towards the light.

“Whatever may have been my political opinions before, I have but one sentiment now. That is, we have a Government, and laws and a flag, and they must all be sustained. We are now in the midst of trying times when every one must be for or against his country, and show his colors too, by his every act. Whatever may have been my political opinions before, I have one sentiment now. There are but two parties, traitors and patriots and I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter.”
-U.S. Grant

https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/2020/07/operation-grant-seeks-to-stop-president-trumps-re-election-in-ohio-john-weaver-and-bill-kristol.html

Back
Top Bottom