• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republican Party. Still driven by fear and hate. It's all they have left

Q-Anon is a dangerous precedent and shows just how easy it is to manipulate people. There are lots of people out there busting their asses every day, not making a lot of money, and they think these rich lawyers in DC give a darn about them, when those lawyers pit them verses 'black welfare queens' and LGBT.

I think the reason why trash like Q-Anon seems to easily manipulate republicans is their emphasis on religion. Not the religion itself but "the next life and personal salvation" part. It seems to be given priority over service to the state and civic participation. When you internalize life you tend to not see the forest for the trees when you are the tree. At least that's what I see in my evangelical wife.

I'll make my exit.

I'd put it more generally. If your willingly believe in magic (most religions) you'll believe anything.

I don't see a current thread for complaining about Trump's misdeeds as Prez, so I'll post this here.

We all know of Trump's indifference to Puerto Rico's suffering after the big hurricane. (There's a famous video of Trump tossing out tissue paper as his help for P.R.)

But it has recently come to light (now that humans have regained control of OMB and HUD) that the Trump Administration was very active in denying help. They passed a $20 billion aid package for P.R., but made it almost impossible for P.R. to actually get the money. I just learned of this from David Pakman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5STEhgNFXEU

Let me see if I got this straight. Democrats are working on improving the economy, reducing racial unrest, getting people back to work, and so on. What are Republican priorities?
Reuters said:
In Texas, Republican lawmakers are pushing for legislation that would allow citizens to carry a handgun without a permit or any training.

In Florida, Oklahoma and Iowa, Republican legislators passed bills granting immunity to drivers who hit protesters, part of a wave of Republican-led legislation aimed at cracking down on public protests of the kind that followed the police killing of George Floyd. Across the country, a bevy of states have passed bills preventing transgender athletes from playing high school sports.

And Florida's Republican Governor Ron DeSantis on Thursday signed a sweeping new reform bill that limits mail-in voting and ballot drop boxes, making the state the latest to restrict voting access in the aftermath of Trump's false claims that he lost the November election due to widespread fraud.

In response to a rise in gun violence, the GOP wants to make guns EASIER to get. Check. (More shootings, this time in Idaho. Is the solution to give those other 6th-graders guns so they can stand their ground?)

In response to violent riots, with Nazis and their ilk fighting civil rights activists, GOP wants to absolve pro-Nazis who kill protestors. Check. Unable to to denigrate blacks and women in polite company anymore, the GOP is ganging up against the transsexual "problem." Check.

And in response to one of the fairest and highest-turnout elections in recent times, GOP's highest priority is to reduce turnout and adopt other measures to make elections unfair. Check.

And tens of millions of America are so badly informed they understand none of this. If Trump told them to eat dog-shit for supper, they'd eat it and say they liked it.

"Remember when those fascist Democrats stole the election then blocked Trump from doing anything about it?"

"Definitely! Like it was yesterday."

The comic is funny because it is true, and utterly frightening because it is true.

Back
Top Bottom