• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

“Revolution in Thought: A new look at determinism and free will"

But doesn't almost everyone have to believe in this for it to work?
No. It doesn’t work like that Crumb. It will involve a transition period where people who want to become citizens of this new world can do so. There will be no force like Pood lied about. But when they see the benefits, and that there is no comparison in terms of what they have now (they will be given a guaranteed income which will be based on their present standard of living and what they earn when becoming citizens), the financial security alone will be a huge incentive. I guess nobody cared to read anything I posted and I refuse to do it again.

Last edited:
But doesn't almost everyone have to believe in this for it to work?
And yet nobody does. :unsure:

OTOH, the author does mention a period of military enforcement of belief, very Trump-like, so … maybe peacegirl should contact Donald Trump? :confused2:
He said nothing of the sort. You’re so brainwashed by ff, you don’t know whether you’re coming or going.
And if Trump ignores her, maybe she could sue Trump, the way the author sued President Jimmy Carter.
If you knew his backstory —which you know nothing about — you would STFU Pood because you are, once again, trying to take things out of context to make this work look like a joke. Before I let that happen again, I’ll be long gone. And BTW, your modal logic is completely flawed. Man’s will is not free—there’s no compatibilist free will other than in your head—and there’s nothing you can do about it! 😅

Last edited:
No Pood. If the word contingent bothers you, let's change it to necessary.

:unsure: :confused2: :hysterical:

The word contingent doesn’t bother ME, it bothers YOU, and DBT! And that’s just the point: both you and DBT are trying to change the word “contingent” to “necessary” AND YOU CANNOT LOGICALLY DO THAT.
Use of the word "contingent" is fine when it's used in the context of making a decision (i.e., the antecedents), but if you really want to go deeper (which offers more proof that man's will is not free), one's choices are based on necessity going back to when life originated. Most people don't look back in total perspective, but if we could go back in time, we would see that everything that led up to the present moment happened out of necessity based on the motion of life itself, which moves in one direction ONLY (i.e., the direction of greater preference or satisfaction), INCLUDING ONE'S CHOICES. How many more times am I going to have to explain this to you before you get it? :unsure:

You can’t “explain” that which is wrong, because then there is nothing to explain.

And that word “necessity,” you still do not know what it means.
Causal, choice, necessity, compelled, fixed, contingent, predetermined, fatalistic, preordained, foreknowledge, etc. are leading people astray unless each is defined in the clearest possible way.
Right, which is exactly what I have done. You’re welcome.

You and DBT are repeatedly confusing and conflating these words.
You are the one using definitions that try to negate the absolute fact that we can only make one choice at each moment of time …
Yes, if you mean, “I can’t both choose and not choose Coke, at the same time.” So? :confused2:
….and that choice can only be what is believed to be the most preferable.

Yeah, I choose what I prefer. OK. :confused2:
Even if it's tautological, this does not mean it doesn't have major significance. Let's try this: Show me that you are free to shoot someone who has given you no reason. The reason you could not think of doing this is because you know this person is innocent, and it doesn't satisfy you to hurt him when you cannot justify it.

“I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.” Johnny Cash.
Show me where you are not under a compulsion to choose the option of not shooting him rather than shooting him.
Compelled by what? Crickets.
Compelled by the laws that dictate what you can only choose in the direction of greater satisfaction. This isn't rocket science Pood.
Given the definition of the free will compatibilists say you have, you should be able to shoot him just as easily as not shooting him.

Correct. But given antecedents x, y, z, I will NOT shoot him. It does not follow that I CANNOT shoot him. This is where you and DBT always run off the rails.
It does follow that you cannot shoot him if the alternative not to shoot him is better for you. You won't let this go, but that's not my problem, and it certainly doesn't prove Lessans was wrong.
According to compatibilists, you are not under a compulsion because you have no addiction, no OCD, and no gun to your head. Can't you see that you are compelled, by the laws of your nature, not to hurt this person because it can give you no satisfaction whatsoever under the conditions just described? I don't know how to make this any clearer than this.

There are no “laws” of my nature.
Of course we are subject to the laws of our nature. Are you kidding me? Everything is not helter skelter, where nothing we do can be depended upon.

And obviously there are no exemptions. Not thought, not deliberation, not action or will, where each and every point, step or stage in the evolution of the system is set by all that came before. Free will within a deterministic system? Absurd.
I just want to add here that I think what people are confused about is that the system includes our ability not to do what we don’t want. This decision is also part of the causal chain of determinism, but it’s an important distinction to make by those who believe determinism equates with force.i just hope that compatibilists (who agree man’s will is not free and fail to see the contradictory nature of their position) will give this truth another go. I cannot move forward without anyone giving this author a go ahead to prove why this truth is so significant. If no one is interested, that’s okay. It’s better to know now than wasting my breath like I did in freethought forum.

Not doing something is as much a part of a deterministic system as inevitably taking a determined course of action. What you don't do, somebody else - given their different proclivities - will take that option/course of action.

''It is unimportant whether one's resolutions and preferences occur because an ''ingenious physiologist'' has tampered with one's brain, whether they result from narcotics addiction, from ''hereditary factor, or indeed from nothing at all.'' Ultimately the agent has no control over his cognitive states.
So even if the agent has strength, skill, endurance, opportunity, implements, and knowledge enough to engage in a variety of enterprises, still he lacks mastery over his basic attitudes and the decisions they produce. After all, we do not have occasion to choose our dominant proclivities.'' - Prof. Richard Taylor -Metaphysics.

No Pood. If the word contingent bothers you, let's change it to necessary.

:unsure: :confused2: :hysterical:

The word contingent doesn’t bother ME, it bothers YOU, and DBT! And that’s just the point: both you and DBT are trying to change the word “contingent” to “necessary” AND YOU CANNOT LOGICALLY DO THAT.
Use of the word "contingent" is fine when it's used in the context of making a decision (i.e., the antecedents), but if you really want to go deeper (which offers more proof that man's will is not free), one's choices are based on necessity going back to when life originated. Most people don't look back in total perspective, but if we could go back in time, we would see that everything that led up to the present moment happened out of necessity based on the motion of life itself, which moves in one direction ONLY (i.e., the direction of greater preference or satisfaction), INCLUDING ONE'S CHOICES. How many more times am I going to have to explain this to you before you get it? :unsure:

You can’t “explain” that which is wrong, because then there is nothing to explain.

And that word “necessity,” you still do not know what it means.
Causal, choice, necessity, compelled, fixed, contingent, predetermined, fatalistic, preordained, foreknowledge, etc. are leading people astray unless each is defined in the clearest possible way.
Right, which is exactly what I have done. You’re welcome.

You and DBT are repeatedly confusing and conflating these words.
You are the one using definitions that try to negate the absolute fact that we can only make one choice at each moment of time …
Yes, if you mean, “I can’t both choose and not choose Coke, at the same time.” So? :confused2:
….and that choice can only be what is believed to be the most preferable.

Yeah, I choose what I prefer. OK. :confused2:
Even if it's tautological, this does not mean it doesn't have major significance. Let's try this: Show me that you are free to shoot someone who has given you no reason. The reason you could not think of doing this is because you know this person is innocent, and it doesn't satisfy you to hurt him when you cannot justify it.

“I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.” Johnny Cash.
Show me where you are not under a compulsion to choose the option of not shooting him rather than shooting him.
Compelled by what? Crickets.
Compelled by the laws that dictate what you can only choose in the direction of greater satisfaction. This isn't rocket science Pood.
Given the definition of the free will compatibilists say you have, you should be able to shoot him just as easily as not shooting him.

Correct. But given antecedents x, y, z, I will NOT shoot him. It does not follow that I CANNOT shoot him. This is where you and DBT always run off the rails.
It does follow that you cannot shoot him if the alternative not to shoot him is better for you. You won't let this go, but that's not my problem, and it certainly doesn't prove Lessans was wrong.
According to compatibilists, you are not under a compulsion because you have no addiction, no OCD, and no gun to your head. Can't you see that you are compelled, by the laws of your nature, not to hurt this person because it can give you no satisfaction whatsoever under the conditions just described? I don't know how to make this any clearer than this.

There are no “laws” of my nature.
Of course we are subject to the laws of our nature. Are you kidding me? Everything is not helter skelter, where nothing we do can be depended upon.

And obviously there are no exemptions. Not thought, not deliberation, not action or will, where each and every point, step or stage in the evolution of the system is set by all that came before. Free will within a deterministic system? Absurd.
I just want to add here that I think what people are confused about is that the system includes our ability not to do what we don’t want. This decision is also part of the causal chain of determinism, but it’s an important distinction to make by those who believe determinism equates with force.i just hope that compatibilists (who agree man’s will is not free and fail to see the contradictory nature of their position) will give this truth another go. I cannot move forward without anyone giving this author a go ahead to prove why this truth is so significant. If no one is interested, that’s okay. It’s better to know now than wasting my breath like I did in freethought forum.

Not doing something is as much a part of a deterministic system as inevitably taking a determined course of action. What you don't do, somebody else - given their different proclivities - will take that option/course of action.

''It is unimportant whether one's resolutions and preferences occur because an ''ingenious physiologist'' has tampered with one's brain, whether they result from narcotics addiction, from ''hereditary factor, or indeed from nothing at all.'' Ultimately the agent has no control over his cognitive states.
So even if the agent has strength, skill, endurance, opportunity, implements, and knowledge enough to engage in a variety of enterprises, still he lacks mastery over his basic attitudes and the decisions they produce. After all, we do not have occasion to choose our dominant proclivities.'' - Prof. Richard Taylor -Metaphysics.
Why is this such a block that people thumb their noses at it and are preventing this author from demonstrating the positive results once it is understood without exception that man has no free will to do other than he does?

This article shows how contradictory compatibilism really is, by their very own definition.

This article shows how contradictory compatibilism really is, by their very own definition.

I’m betting dollars to donuts you did not read the whole article, peacegirl, did you?

Because if you had read the whole article, you would have noticed that the last two-thirds of it is a description, and defense of, compatibilism. :rolleyes:

I’m betting dollars to donuts you did not read the whole article, peacegirl, did you?

Because if you had read the whole article, you would have noticed that the last two-thirds of it is a description, and defense of, compatibilism. :rolleyes:
They know they have no proof that a person could do otherwise given the same exact time and place, so they use a timeframe that is not the focus. They are moving the goalposts! It’s dumber than dumb and don’t use your fallacious logic on me! Oh, and show where Lessans mentioned military control as a means to an end. I’m still waiting. Put your money where your mouth is for once in your life!

Last edited:

They know they have no proof that a person could do otherwise given the same exact time and place, so they use a timeframe that is not the focus.
You simply have NO IDEA what you are talking about. If you read the whole article, which I doubt, you completely failed to understand it. As the article explains, and as I have repeatedly explained, the compatibilist does not ASK that a person “do otherwise” given the exact same antecedent conditions. You are simply clueless about this whole debate.

They know they have no proof that a person could do otherwise given the same exact time and place, so they use a timeframe that is not the focus.
You simply have NO IDEA what you are talking about. If you read the whole article, which I doubt, you completely failed to understand it. As the article explains, and as I have repeatedly explained, the compatibilist does not ASK that a person “do otherwise” given the exact same antecedent conditions. You are simply clueless about this whole debate.
Oh yes I do. It’s you that doesn’t have a clue. The problem is that they are changing the definition of what it means to have the free will to do otherwise once a choice is made. That IS the definition in the free will/determinism debate. What they do is say that’s not fair because we can’t go back in time. For once, they’re right, but instead of knowing they can’t prove free will true because of this fact, they simply change the definition of free by saying ‘not being able to do otherwise isn’t what proves we have no free will because we have the free will to change our decision the next time a similar situation appears.” Well how about that; 20/20 hindsight is alive and well but it certainly doesn’t prove we could have done otherwise (past tense). They actually think their logic is some kind of proof that determinism and free will are compatible. As I said, it’s a bait and switch word game they’re playing just so they can support the idea of moral responsibility. You know deep down I’m right! 😉 P.S. I’m still waiting for you to show people where he talks about military might. Retract that lie or point it out!

Last edited:

Oh yes I do. It’s you that doesn’t have a clue. The problem is that they are changing the definition of what it means to have the free will to do otherwise once a choice is made. That IS the definition (the ability to do otherwise after a choice is made) What they do is say that’s not fair because we can’t go back in time. For one, they’re right, but then they screw up again by saying this isn’t what proves we have no free will because we have the free will to change our decisions at a later next time! They actually think this follows from the premise. As I said, it’s a bait and switch word game they’re playing just so they can support the idea of moral responsibility. You know deep down I’m right! 😉 I’m still waiting for you to show people where he talks about military might. Retract that lie or point it out!

This is just complete word salad, utter nonsense. It reads like some incomprehensible rant by Donald Trump. You should write speeches for him.

The fact of the matter is you quoted an article in defense of compatibilism in an attempt to discredit compatibilism, obviously without even knowing you were doing that. DBT does something very similar — cherry picking quotes from compatibilists in a futile effort to discredit compatibilism. It’s just weird.

The article that peacegirl quoted, thinking it attacked compatibilism, is an actually very good explanation and demonstration of it. I highly recommend the article. All that is missing from it is the modal logical demonstration of the illogic of hard determinism, but I have already supplied that here.

Oh yes I do. It’s you that doesn’t have a clue. The problem is that they are changing the definition of what it means to have the free will to do otherwise once a choice is made. That IS the definition (the ability to do otherwise after a choice is made) What they do is say that’s not fair because we can’t go back in time. For one, they’re right, but then they screw up again by saying this isn’t what proves we have no free will because we have the free will to change our decisions at a later next time! They actually think this follows from the premise. As I said, it’s a bait and switch word game they’re playing just so they can support the idea of moral responsibility. You know deep down I’m right! 😉 I’m still waiting for you to show people where he talks about military might. Retract that lie or point it out!

This is just complete word salad, utter nonsense. It reads like some incomprehensible rant by Donald Trump. You should write speeches for him.
What a ridiculous comeback. You are at a loss to defend your position, so you resort to insulting remarks. I will keep asking: Where did Lessans say military force was needed anywhere in his books, Pood? You mentioned it more than once, so you must have the passage somewhere. This is your big chance to redeem yourself. :LOL:

What a ridiculous comeback. You are at a loss to defend your position, so you resort to insulting remarks. I will keep asking: Where did Lessans say military force was needed anywhere in his books, Pood? You mentioned it more than once, so you must have the passage somewhere. This is your big chance to redeem yourself. :LOL:
:ROFLMAO:

A loss to defend my position?? I’ve outlined my position in detail in dozens of posts in this very thread!

As to your father’s stupid book, I’ve no interest in discussing it. We covered the “force” part of the book at FF.

:ROFLMAO:

A loss to defend my position?? I’ve outlined my position in detail in dozens of posts in this very thread!
And you failed to defend it. You just regurgitated what's out there, but you didn't prove anything.
As to your father’s stupid book, I’ve no interest in discussing it. We covered the “force” part of the book at FF.
Show me where this was covered in ff. There is no mention of force in the book. You were just caught in another lie. This is not good for your reputation Pood. In fact, you don't have any proof that he used the word military either. If you're not interested in this book, then why are you here? Your compatibilist definition of free will fails the litmus test. Deal with it! :rolleyes:

p, 199 Although we must enter this new world of our own free will (REMEMBER THAT 'of our own free will" IN THIS CONTEXT ONLY MEANS "of our own desire because we want to. IT DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE FREEDOM OF THE WILL TO DO OTHERWISE. POOD HAS TRIED TO TURN THIS PHRASE INTO A CONTRADICTION, BUT HE WAS WRONG THOUGH HE WILL NEVER ADMIT IT) because no force will be used, the comparison of what we now have with what is now possible gives us no choice because our will is not free to move against what we believe is better for ourselves. This will compel us to desire studying for the examination (which will only require the very basic understanding of these principles) so we can become citizens as quickly as possible after the transition has been officially launched.

Last edited:
OK, you know what? Just for shits and giggles I’ll go over this, to demonstrate, if not to you to others, how clueless you are.
Oh yes I do. It’s you that doesn’t have a clue. The problem is that they are changing the definition of what it means to have the free will to do otherwise once a choice is made.

What does the above even mean, peacegirl? How the hell can anyone do otherwise AFTER they have done, what they have done?
That IS the definition (the ability to do otherwise after a choice is made)

Nobody can do otherwise, AFTER a choice has been made! No compatiblist says that — no one in their right mind says that!

You probably mean, in this word salad, that the compatibilist argues that one could HAVE DONE OTHERWISE, after the choice has been made, had he chosen to do so. And that is absolutely correct — underscoring the fact that your ridiculous claim that choice is contingent before it is made, and necessary after it has been made, is totally false, a logical absurdity that violates the principle of the fixity of modal status.
What they do is say that’s not fair because we can’t go back in time.

The fuck? Compatibilists say nothing of the kind — not a word about time travel! And, as a matter of fact, it can easily be demonstrated that if you could go back in time, it would be logically impossible to change ANYTHING in the past.
For one, they’re right, but then they screw up again by saying this isn’t what proves we have no free will because we have the free will to change our decisions at a later next time!

No, again, compatibilists do not say this — we have freedom of will in the compatibilist sense at any time.
They actually think this follows from the premise. As I said, it’s a bait and switch word game they’re playing just so they can support the idea of moral responsibility. You know deep down I’m right! 😉
All of the bolded part is ad hominem.

All of your stupid word salad has now been deconstructed. You’re welcome.

Let us be very clear about this:

Consider an “argument” that takes the follwing form.:

Step 1: Ignore ACTUAL argument of one’s interlocutor.

Step 2: Claim that one’s interlocutor is playing a bait and switch word game just so they can support the idea of moral responsibility (when, note, the ACTUAL argument, which has been ignored, does not address “moral responsibility” at all).

Step 3: Claim that one’s’ interlocutor “knows deep down I’m right.”

Conclude: Therefore, one’s interlocutor is wrong.

This “argument” is CLASSIC AD HOMINEM.

OK, you know what? Just for shits and giggles I’ll go over this, to demonstrate, if not to you to others, how clueless you are.
Oh yes I do. It’s you that doesn’t have a clue. The problem is that they are changing the definition of what it means to have the free will to do otherwise once a choice is made.

What does the above even mean, peacegirl? How the hell can anyone do otherwise AFTER they have done, what they have done?
Exactly! It can't, but that's what is necessary to prove free will true, which can't be done. Compatibilism is just a semantic shift; therefore, it fails to address "could do otherwise" (after the fact) without changing definition.

p. 26 “But these theologians don’t agree with you; they say that man’s will is definitely free. Look here comes a rabbi; ask him if man’s will is free, just for the heck of it, and you will see for yourself how dogmatic he responds.”

“Rabbi, we have been discussing a subject and would appreciate your opinion. Is it true, false, or just a theory that man’s will is free?”

“It is absolutely true that man’s will is free because nothing compels an individual to choose evil instead of good; he prefers this only because he wants to partake of this evil, not because something is forcing him.”

“Do you mean, Rabbi, that every person has two or more alternatives when making a choice?”

“Absolutely! That bank robber last week didn’t have to rob the bank; he wanted to do it.”

“But assuming that what you say is true, how is it possible to prove that which cannot be proven? Let me illustrate what I mean.”

“Is it possible for you not to do what has already been done?” “No, it is not possible for me not to do what has already been done, because I have already done it.”

“This is a mathematical or undeniable relation and is equivalent to asking, is it possible for anyone not to understand four as an answer to two plus two. Now if what has been done was the choosing of B instead of A, is it possible not to choose B which has already been chosen?”

“It is impossible, naturally.”

“Since it is absolutely impossible (this is the reasoning of mathematics, not logic, which gives rise to opinions) not to choose B instead of A once B has been selected, how is it possible to choose A in this comparison of possibilities when in order to make this choice you must not choose B, which has already been chosen?”

“Again, I must admit it is something impossible to do.”

“Yet in order to prove free will true, it must do just that — the impossible. It must go back, reverse the order of time, undo what has already been done, and then show that A — with the conditions being exactly the same — could have been chosen instead of B. Since it is utterly impossible to reverse the order of time, which is absolutely necessary for mathematical proof, free will must always remain a theory. The most you can say is that you believe the bank robber had a choice, but there is absolutely no way this can be proven.”

“I may be unable to prove that he was not compelled to rob that bank and kill the teller, but it is my opinion that he didn’t have to do what he did.”

“I’m not in the mood to argue that point, but at least we have arrived at a bit of knowledge that is absolutely undeniable, for we have just learned that it is mathematically impossible for any person to prove, beyond a shadow of doubt, that the will of man is free, yet a moment ago you made the dogmatic statement that man’s will is definitely free.”

“My apology, dear Sir; what I meant to say was that it is the consensus of opinion that the will of man is free.”

“Now that we have established this fact, consider the following: If it is mathematically impossible to prove something true, whatever that something is, is it possible to prove the opposite of that something false?”

“Yes, it is possible.”

“No, Rabbi, it is not possible.”

“That, my friend, is your opinion, not mine.”

“Let me show you that it is not an opinion. If you could prove that determinism is false, wouldn’t this prove free will, which is the opposite of determinism, true? And didn’t we just prove that it is mathematically impossible to prove free will true, which means that it is absolutely impossible to prove determinism false?”

“I see what you mean, and again, I apologize for thinking this was a matter of opinion.”

“This means that we have arrived at another bit of mathematical knowledge, and that is, although we can never prove free will true or determinism false, there still exists a possibility of proving determinism true or free will false. Now tell me, Rabbi, supposing your belief in free will absolutely prevents the discovery of knowledge that, when released, can remove the very things you would like to rid the world of, things you preach against such as war, crime, sin, hate, discrimination, etc.—what would you say then?”

“If this is true and you can prove it, all I can say is that God’s ways are mysterious and surpass my understanding. I enjoyed talking with you, son, and perhaps I shall live to see the day when all evil will be driven from our lives.”

“Even if you don’t live to see it, please rest assured the day is not far away and that it must come about the very moment certain facts pertaining to the nature of man are brought to light, because it is God’s will.” (NOTE: ONCE AGAIN, FOR THOSE ATHEISTS WHO DON'T LIKE THE WORD GOD, HE USED THIS WORD ONLY TO MEAN THE LAWS THAT GOVERN OUR UNIVERSE.)

That IS the definition (the ability to do otherwise after a choice is made)

Nobody can do otherwise, AFTER a choice has been made! No compatiblist says that — no one in their right mind says that!
That he could not choose otherwise after a choice has been made can never be proven. If that's not what compatibilists say (since you deny this), you are using a definition of free will that is not used in this debate, and therefore it's moot. You said in so many words, "So what difference does it make if my choice is what is the most preferable?" It makes a very big difference when this knowledge is extended.
You probably mean, in this word salad, that the compatibilist argues that one could HAVE DONE OTHERWISE, after the choice has been made, had he chosen to do so. And that is absolutely correct — underscoring the fact that your ridiculous claim that choice is contingent before it is made, and necessary after it has been made, is totally false, a logical absurdity that violates the principle of the fixity of modal status.
What are you talking about? When you choose, it's based on the antecedents (i.e., the unchosen thoughts in your brain) that you are contemplating. DBT explained it this way: going back to the Big Bang, everything was necessary leading up to this very moment to make your decision. Because of this fallacious modal logic regarding other worlds, you can't seem to get beyond the two words (contingent and necessary) that are just word play.
What they do is say that’s not fair because we can’t go back in time.

The fuck? Compatibilists say nothing of the kind — not a word about time travel! And, as a matter of fact, it can easily be demonstrated that if you could go back in time, it would be logically impossible to change ANYTHING in the past.
Again, going back in time is the only way you can prove that a person, given the exact moment when A was already chosen, could have chosen B. You can't prove this, and to bring up another time and place to prove your kind of free will true is not what is being debated. Can't you see this? :shock:
For one, they’re right, but then they screw up again by saying this isn’t what proves we have no free will because we have the free will to change our decisions at a later next time!

No, again, compatibilists do not say this — we have freedom of will in the compatibilist sense at any time.
Yes they do, Pood. Stop changing the goalposts. All Norman Swartz has done is created a premise that may sound valid, but it certainly isn't sound. Contingency does not mean that in every possible world (whatever that means) the same person could have chosen otherwise because it was contingent (different from three triangles that don't change in another world) and therefore could be otherwise. We are talking about individuals who have individual reasons for their choices [in the direction of greater satisfaction or preference]. Prove to me that you personally can move in the direction of dissatisfaction (or less satisfaction) when an option that gives you greater satisfaction is available. You cannot do it.
They actually think this follows from the premise. As I said, it’s a bait and switch word game they’re playing just so they can support the idea of moral responsibility. You know deep down I’m right! 😉
All of the bolded part is ad hominem.
Go tattle tale to the moderators then. You are such a hypocrite. You are playing a bait and switch game whether you realize it or not. I believe compatibilists use this logic because they accept determinism as true, so they had to find a way to create a definition of free will that would keep moral responsibility intact. Every philosopher knows this.
All of your stupid word salad has now been deconstructed. You’re welcome.
Another projection!

Last edited:
Bullshit. Go tattle tale to the moderators then.

Already have. As to the rest, I’m not going down these rabbit holes with you. I’ve said my piece. I’m right, and you and DBT are wrong. Maybe you can convince him that the eyes is not a sense organ, that if God turned on the sun at noon people would see it in the sky immediately, but nothing else for eight and a half minutes, that in the new world young people will go around scantily clad and fall in love with each other’s sex organs and get hitched for life.

As to the military enforcement thing, it was established at FF that you have the corrupted text and ChuckF has the Authentic Text, of which he is the True Steward. You took the military enforcement bit out of the corrupted text, but it’s in the Authentic Text, along with all the other stuff you took out about the Ur Penis and Harry licking out juicy, juicy C’s.

Back
Top Bottom