• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved RFK JR Declares INDEPENDENT Presidential Run

To denote the thread has been moved

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx

Having more choices than Biden and Trump can't be bad....

supreme1.jpg

youtube IlX7SS7zZQ8[/MEDIA]

Gibberish. If the race is among Biden, Trump and X the ONLY pertinent effect X will have is to help determine whether it is Biden or Trump that becomes Potus.

Perhaps your wisdom is that Biden and Trump are same-same and the choice doesn't matter. If so, your wisdom is not widely held.

Happy day for the Trumptaters.

They were when he was running as a Dem. Now, not so much.

He will draw more democratic voters than republicans.

Then why is it that the Republicans are panicking?

From WaPo;

“Attorney Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s pivot Monday to an independent run for president met immediate resistance from Republican leaders, who have concluded that his new effort threatens to cannibalize their vote share next year, helping to reelect President Biden.”

Kennedy lets people believe all of the same conspiracy theories as Trump does, and he’s not facing 91 felony counts.

I can't see him having a 2004 level Nader impact on the election. That he went Independent indicates he has zero momentum.

Political elite runs on platform against political elite.

His positions are a crazy quilt of ideas that animate both MAGAts and wokes. He's come out for environmentalism and a common sense acceptance of climate change; said he'd support a bipartisan ban on assault weapons (like that'll happen in this millenium) -- but he's also come out against aid to Ukraine, vaccines; calls himself a 'Constitutional absolutist' and says he'd back a federal ban on abortions.
Honestly, does this guy have the 'Big Mo'? He looks more like the candidate for the National Vegetarian Party or the Esperanto Front.

I can't see him having a 2004 level Nader impact on the election. That he went Independent indicates he has zero momentum.

Political elite runs on platform against political elite.

You might be right. But in my experience, republicans are just better at politics than dems. We are the larger party, but they kick our ass most of the time. They don't need a majority to win. Our side does.

I have a hard time imagining someone, who was planning to vote for Biden, changing their mind in favor of Mr Kennedy. On what basis, to what end?

I have a hard time imagining someone, who was planning to vote for Biden, changing their mind in favor of Mr Kennedy. On what basis, to what end?

Yeah, that's fucking baffling to me.
Yeah, it seems that RFK Jr. inherited all the bad aspects of his father and uncles, and none of the good.

The looney anti vaccine movement started on the left. I'm not sure of the numbers, but there is a sizable group of anti-science vaccine people in the democratic party. Having said that, I agree with Ford that it does seem like RFK will hurt Trump a little more than Biden. However, I just have found that the right is better at politics than the left in a cynical way. They are smaller in number, but tend to be more united. It's difficult to get dems to the voting box. I don't know why. The right is committed. I just know that we can't afford another 4 years of the Trumptator.

The looney anti vaccine movement started on the left. I'm not sure of the numbers, but there is a sizable group of anti-science vaccine people in the democratic party. Having said that, I agree with Ford that it does seem like RFK will hurt Trump a little more than Biden. However, I just have found that the right is better at politics than the left in a cynical way. They are smaller in number, but tend to be more united. It's difficult to get dems to the voting box. I don't know why. The right is committed. I just know that we can't afford another 4 years of the Trumptator.
All the more when there is tumult on the Right. All those disaffected swing voters fleeing Trumpism wind up under the Democratic tent, but are uncomfortable sharing space with your Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders types. Not much to build a consistent Party platform on for people to rally around.

I appreciate your optimism about there being just four more years of Trump. Aside from death, it seems unlikely to me that anything will stop Trump from wanting to run again in 2028.

Back
Top Bottom