• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ridiculous NYC Subway fight

Warpoet

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
foff
http://gothamist.com/2014/11/10/f_train_fight_video.php

I can't tell which speaks more poorly for America: the fact that this happened, or that the guy in the 8 ball jacket is actually being charged with anything. The entire incident was the woman's fault; people have a right to ride the subway without being verbally harassed over their attire.

She was already guilty of assault the second she slapped the phone out of the cameraman's hands, but when you hit somebody in the back of the head with a fucking SHOE, all bets are off (and one of the articles says he was bleeding afterwards). She's lucky he just slapped her; dude looks like he's about 6'7" and could easily have knocked her ass out, and would have been justified in doing so.

another day in amurrica...

Seems to me that the girls were giving the guy shit about his jacket, in a confrontational but basically non-violent way; but the violence started when they realised that their taunting was being filmed. It was the act of filming them that provoked the initial violent response, starting with an assault on the person doing the filming - and specifically by knocking his camera/phone out of his hands.

There are crazy people everywhere.

I see no crime on his part. He was attacked, he defended himself. Those women (although I'm not sure all of them are guilty) belong in jail.

Back
Top Bottom