• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RIP Mike S Adams Another #Cancel_Culture head on a stake

Pro life champion. https://twitter.com/mikesadams?lang=en

Defender of free speech and free thought. - https://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/

"...a man who faced an avalanche of unjust hatred in his life, who had to fight for years to vindicate his most basic constitutional rights, and who helped mentor thousands of young conservative Christian students who often feel isolated and alone on secular and progressive campuses."

https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/a-eulogy-for-a-friend-a-lament-for
Eulogy

View attachment 28941

He spent the last 20 years of his life trying to rob 50% of the human population of their most fundamental right upon which ever other right depends, the right not to have others dictate what one does with one's own body, which as a matter of logic and physics includes all matter contained within one's individual body. Thus, he was an enemy of all liberty. Plus, he wasn't killed by "cancel culture" but by mental problems that are likely tied the inherent psychological problems related to religious conversions and fundamentalism. If anything , he was killed by the pro-religious culture of the US south, were what would be deemed obvious mental illness by any rational objective observer is overlooked b/c it adorns the dressings of Christianity.

He spent the last 20 years of his life trying to rob 50% of the human population of their most fundamental right upon which ever other right depends, the right not to have others dictate what one does with one's own body, which as a matter of logic and physics includes all matter contained within one's individual body. Thus, he was an enemy of all liberty. Plus, he wasn't killed by "cancel culture" but by mental problems that are likely tied the inherent psychological problems related to religious conversions and fundamentalism. If anything , he was killed by the pro-religious culture of the US south, were what would be deemed obvious mental illness by any rational objective observer is overlooked b/c it adorns the dressings of Christianity.

/Emphasis mine

If the homeless guy walking the street is seen to be engaged in earnest and animated conversation with an unseen friend, it is considered mental illness. But when millions of people claim that they regularly engage in conversations with an invisible supernatural entity from outside the universe, and they all get together on Sundays to talk about and praise this unseen entity, and beg its forgiveness for their perceived transgressions, it is deemed normal behavior. Perhaps even virtuous. But good luck trying to get a Christian to engage in a discussion about the blatant absurdity of this behavior.

Also noteworthy is the fact that the OP, Lion has not bothered to respond to anything people had to say in this thread. One can only speculate on his motives behind posting this story.

/Emphasis mine

If the homeless guy walking the street is seen to be engaged in earnest and animated conversation with an unseen friend, it is considered mental illness. But when millions of people claim that they regularly engage in conversations with an invisible supernatural entity from outside the universe, and they all get together on Sundays to talk about and praise this unseen entity, and beg its forgiveness for their perceived transgressions, it is deemed normal behavior. Perhaps even virtuous. But good luck trying to get a Christian to engage in a discussion about the blatant absurdity of this behavior.

Also noteworthy is the fact that the OP, Lion has not bothered to respond to anything people had to say in this thread. One can only speculate on his motives behind posting this story.
In another thread Zoidberg opines that christianity is supposed to be publicly respected but privately decadent. In my experience this makes sense. Religious folk cheat on everything while going to church so as to appear right and proper. They must be sweating like a whore in church. But it's a club where you eventually learn that it's only for personal profit and control and hasn't a thing to do with decency.

/Emphasis mine

In another thread Zoidberg opines that christianity is supposed to be publicly respected but privately decadent. In my experience this makes sense. Religious folk cheat on everything while going to church so as to appear right and proper. They must be sweating like a whore in church. But it's a club where you eventually learn that it's only for personal profit and control and hasn't a thing to do with decency.
It's also strong evidence that at some deep level, they don't believe their own bullshit, or they would really be worried about burning forever.

It's also strong evidence that at some deep level, they don't believe their own bullshit, or they would really be worried about burning forever.
From experience I can say that there are a few that worried about burning forever, but at the same time their christian badge made it okay to lie and cheat, because after all you were doing it for god and jesus. So long as you gave worship where worship was due you were free to lie, steal, cheat, etc.

It's hard to know if these folks honestly believed it was okay or were just doing what was socially necessary. Divorce comes to mind, I've known quite a few people who after obtaining a legal divorce got their marriages religiously annulled. Many had been married for decades with a house full of kids. Obviously the business owners simply wanted to keep them and their donations coming in. Sleaze, hypocrisy and religion make common bedfellows.

Also noteworthy is the fact that the OP, Lion has not bothered to respond to anything people had to say in this thread.

I'll respond to specific requests for me to give a response.
But I don't feel a need to respond to everything said by everyone - especially when a post is simply expressing a contrary POV that is nothing more than gainsaying my POV.

I dont want to always have the last word or keep *bumping* my thread. (YAWN)

And I dont respond to users who have called me a troll even when they disingenuously beg me to respond. Why would you want to bait a troll and then call their responses "trolling"?

...and I certainly dont respond to people who have accused me of being a rape apologist.

And I dont respond to users who have called me a troll even when they disingenuously beg me to respond. Why would you want to bait a troll and then call their responses "trolling"?

...and I certainly dont respond to people who have accused me of being a rape apologist.

This is extraordinarily useful information.

If I have a need to worship something, which is weird to begin with, and if that something I'm inclined to worship has by the religious writings I hold sacrosanct certainly committed genocide on a global scale, murdered infants in their beds among other heinous and unspeakable acts, then feigning insult is hardly an unexpected tactic.

If Adams had a partially normal brain then these thoughts about his worship-being certainly bothered him. Perhaps his suicide was his ultimate way of feigning insult or of dealing with that obvious conflict. I certainly wish the guy hadn't killed himself, rather that he'd just been able to grow up and deal rationally and intelligently with those tortured thoughts.

It would seem his brain was certainly broken but not irretrievably.

Perhaps God gave him more than he could handle.

Back
Top Bottom