• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rittenhouse/Kenosha Shooting Split

I can envision an event that could spur the passage of more reasonable laws.

If a thousand or so “Antifa” show up at the next Nazi rally carrying AKs and ARs, bait the Nazis into acting in a manner that they all find threatening and proceed to mow down a few thousand Trumpsuckers in “self defense”, we will have such laws under discussion the very next day.

A small price to pay for setting society straight…
The daydreams of the far left are fascinating--and scary.
Today I learned that treating black and white people equally is a "daydream of the far left."
You did not learn that. You learned that one person on the far left has a fantasy that thousands of 'Trumpsuckers' could be 'mowed down' by Antifa.

I can envision an event that could spur the passage of more reasonable laws.

If a thousand or so “Antifa” show up at the next Nazi rally carrying AKs and ARs, bait the Nazis into acting in a manner that they all find threatening and proceed to mow down a few thousand Trumpsuckers in “self defense”, we will have such laws under discussion the very next day.

A small price to pay for setting society straight…
The daydreams of the far left are fascinating--and scary.
Today I learned that treating black and white people equally is a "daydream of the far left."
I'd argue that has always been a daydream of the far left. Why Metaphor feels that is both fascinating and scary is beyond me however.

But it was clear self defense. You hear someone yell "Get that guy!" in the video and they start chasing him down the street. Rittenhouse is running away at this point, even though he has his rifle. He still didn't want to shoot despite the fact that he was being chased. Then, the people attacked him and he shot them. He then stood up and kept walking through tons of people and still didn't fire the weapon again as he was walking.

He then flagged down the cops and told them someone was injured over there. If those people never attacked him, they would still be alive. If you say that those people attacked Kyle because he had a rifle, why didn't anyone attack the BLM protestors who had rifles at their protests?

Get that guy--after he had shot someone.

Shootings #2 and #3 are clear self defense if he has the right to use lethal force in self defense--it comes down to shooting #1. And I'm not convinced that was self defense.

But it was clear self defense. You hear someone yell "Get that guy!" in the video and they start chasing him down the street. Rittenhouse is running away at this point, even though he has his rifle. He still didn't want to shoot despite the fact that he was being chased. Then, the people attacked him and he shot them. He then stood up and kept walking through tons of people and still didn't fire the weapon again as he was walking.

He then flagged down the cops and told them someone was injured over there. If those people never attacked him, they would still be alive. If you say that those people attacked Kyle because he had a rifle, why didn't anyone attack the BLM protestors who had rifles at their protests?

Shootings #2 and #3 are clear self defense if he has the right to use lethal force in self defense--it comes down to shooting #1. And I'm not convinced that was self defense.
Respectfully, that’s the wrong standard. It’s up to those claiming it wasn’t self defense to prove that point beyond a reasonable doubt.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Only the facts matter. And the facts are actu not that complicated. Rittenhouse never points his weapon at anyone. Just carrying it, doesn’t make him fair game for Rosenbaum to attack him and try to take his gun. Rittenhouse ran away from the confrontation. Rosenbaum pursued him. The only testimony in record was that he lunged fro the gun. Even the prosecution’s own expert witness said that Rosenbaum’s wounds were consistent with that theory.

Im sorry. At that point, Rittenhouse must be acquitted.

Frankly, I think Rosenbaum was suicidal. He’d just been released from a suicide watch earlier that day, his girlfriend had kicked him out, and he was begging for them to shoot him earlier in the evening.

Respectfully, that’s the wrong standard. It’s up to those claiming it wasn’t self defense to prove that point beyond a reasonable doubt.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Only the facts matter. And the facts are actu not that complicated. Rittenhouse never points his weapon at anyone. Just carrying it, doesn’t make him fair game for Rosenbaum to attack him and try to take his gun. Rittenhouse ran away from the confrontation. Rosenbaum pursued him. The only testimony in record was that he lunged fro the gun. Even the prosecution’s own expert witness said that Rosenbaum’s wounds were consistent with that theory.

Frankly, I think Rosenbaum was suicidal. He’d just been released from a suicide watch earlier that day, his girlfriend had kicked him out, and he was begging for them to shoot him earlier in the evening.
The problem is even if he initially lunged for the gun when he finally fell forward from being shot, dying, he was no longer a perceived imminent threat. So the shot to the back was unnecessary.

That is subduing him. Grosskreuz had a lot of opportunity to shoot him, but did not. Don't pretend he was hunting him.
*sigh* it wasn't meant to be taken literally. But they were chasing a man who was clearly retreating and who was not a direct threat to the people who were chasing him. It was not their job to try to subdue people.

I do not misunderstand at all. You are simply unaware how obvious your being political is to everyone in the forum.
It's the Politics forum. Of course I am going to be political on here. Why do you pretend that you and people you agree with are not being political?

Elixir was not talking about "treating black and white people equally" (btw, what is your view on racial preferences?). Elixir was fantasizing about "mowing down a few thousand" people he disagrees with politically.

The legacy media tries trolling to garner clicks. Pitiful.

There's nothing more frightening in America today than an angry White man

At least they had the courtesy to put a “W” in white.
Blacks commit murder 5x more often per capita than whites and yet this racist writer (shame on CNN for publishing him!) is ranting about white men.
Oh, and then there is this guy in Waukesha, not to far from Kenosha.

brooks.png

A white man. Probably a Boogaloo Boi too ...

The problem is even if he initially lunged for the gun when he finally fell forward from being shot, dying, he was no longer a perceived imminent threat. So the shot to the back was unnecessary.
I’d challenge anyone to think that clearly. The three shots came within a second. Saying the third shot was unnecessary is 20-20 hindsight. He didn’t pause between them and think about it. That may be a good reason to outlaw automatic rifles.

Isn't that what Rittenhouse was? He did shoot three people and admitted to it at the time. What else would you call him?
A killer.

Yes - he killed in self-defense - which was the finding of the jury.
For someone as meticulous as yourself, that is rather sloppy thinking. Technically, the jury found him not guilty. They have not given their reasons at all.
I'd argue that has always been a daydream of the far left. Why Metaphor feels that is both fascinating and scary is beyond me however.
I'd say it is beyond you because you are incapable, or unwilling, to try to imagine the viewpoint of anybody who does not already agree with you. And, of course, that the daydream was Elixir imagining the deaths of thousands of 'Trumpsuckers', not a daydream about 'equality'.

Back
Top Bottom