• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Roe v Wade is on deck

I could be mistaken, but I feel confident that no woman has ever had an abortion performed for leisurely purposes.

Wanda Sykes does a bit about this -- "as if" women had abortions casually. "We don't call up our friends and say, 'GIIRRLL! You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? They're on sale this week."

The abortion indu$try is doing just fine thanks to the casual willingness of wimmin to use abortion as birth control.

Readers will note that this user has failed to grasp the details already provided in this thread, and instead regurgitated emotional screeds intended to dodge the central issues.

It is a person’s right to decline allowing their organs to be used, evven for lifesaving procedures, for any reason, and their right to keep that reason private.
Indeed, just last year, I declined to donate blood because I was going hiking that weekend and I didn’t want to be tired. It is entirely likely that a baby died because of this frivolous choice, since my blood is extremely rare and specifically used for premature babies due to my lack of specific markers and viruses.

And it was still my right to make that choice. Someone’s preeemie was unable to get Neg-Neg-Neg blood that week, and no other blood is suitable.

Abortion on demand. <<<see that word there? DEMAND.

Well this is rather artificial, isn’t it. You use the word and then you marvel at your use of it.
Rather Onanistic of you.
Be careful or you will go blind.

I get Tylenol on demand, too.

There's plenty of demand in this market notwithstanding your belief that (smart, educated, rational, liberated,) women would always prefer alternative methods of birth control.

Well of course, now that you mention it, because conservatives and religionists keep trying to make it so difficult to get birth control, and stand in the way of education on how to use it. So religionists like you create the demand for abortion, every day.

I look again at the three cities where an experiment was performed providing free long acting reversible birth control for three years. Abortions went down by 42%.

Religionists who actually care about abortion would presumably flock to this result, knowing that even better advertising and access beyond a single city would reduce abotions even further - and so fast!

But, they. Don’t. One wonders why…

...one of which is not being a slut. #leisure

Aaaah, there it is. (Like clockwork) Religionists will embrace higher numbers of abortions because their REAL goal is control women’s sex lives, and that ALWAYS takes precedence over reducing abortions.

And still, no person is expected to donate the use of their body’s organs to any other person, except when religionists expect to take over the body rights of women who have sex. Religionists who think women are mere vessels to be controlled by men.

There should? Or should NOT?
...be laws controlling what people should do with their own bodies when they are standing on a balcony holding a living human baby embryo in their arms womb?

Michael-Jackson-and-Blanket-on-the-balcony-839684.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that governments ought never tell anyone what they can and cannot...must and must not... do with their Own BodyTM

Newt Gingrich is compelled by a mountain of laws to use his own body in ways that he might rather not.

In any case, abortion control measures typically control the bodies of would-be abortionists and abortion industry workers - not their cu$tomer$. And I dont see any philosophical "right" to kill an unborn human being living in someone ELSES body.

Patronising Remark Alert.

"Readers will note" how the abortion-on-demand lobby are only in their comfort zone when they smother the argument with red herrings about "religionists".

Do you see even the slightest mention of religion in any of my above posts?

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that governments ought never tell anyone what they can and cannot...must and must not... do with their Own BodyTM

Newt Gingrich is compelled by a mountain of laws [edited by Rhea to add: <— that is a link to “law and religion Australia”] to use his own body in ways that he might rather not.

In any case, abortion control measures typically control the bodies of would-be abortionists and abortion industry workers - not their cu$tomer$. And I dont see any philosophical "right" to kill an unborn human being living in someone ELSES body.

Patronising Remark Alert.

Do you see even the slightest mention of religion in any of my above posts?

Do you mean OTHER than in the link you provided, from “Law and Religion Australia”?

Yes, I see the entire issue of abortion in America steeped in, painted by, rotted from, religion. I would be naive in the extreme (nay, delusional) to pretend it came from anywhere else.

Projecting is like dumping clutter into someone else's living room and then hating them for being messy.

Strawperson argument.. BE GONE!!

The corollary of...pro-lifers are all religious must be that all pro-abortionists are atheists. Sheesh. And you call yourselves rational thinkers???

Same goes for the patriarchy red herrings. Even if all pro-lifers were anti-women, then it would still be a massive logical fallacy to infer that pro-abortionists honor and respect women.

I can assure you that there's a huge cohort of misogynists that benefit from elective abortion.

The poster above seems unaware of the history of legislation to control women’s bodies in America.

All of the laws that restrict a woman’s right to own and control her own body medically and sexually, come from the practitioners of religion. All of the birth control restrictions, all of the crusades against sexuality education, all of the laws that made divorce impossible, or the right to refuse sex to a spouse illegal.

Perhaps he is truly unaware of this, and has entered the crusade against women’s freedom without researching it at all. One wonders why he enters the crusade, using the same emotional screeds as the religionists, and yet remains unaware of their influence.

I recall a classmate in college who was from Cameroon, who asked me, “how can you as a woman be a follower of this Jesus? Do you not realize that he hates you?” That was 35 years ago, and he was a recent immigrant to the USA, but he knew.

For the other readers of this thread, we women are not ignorant of the source of this force to control our bodies and our sexuality. We know the words, we know the players in this tragedy, we know the scripts and the frothing mouths that seek to call us “sluts” as if the speaker could not escape his certainty that our bodies are his to control and condemn.

We hear your arrogance. We know you.
We intend that you will not succeed in shoving your bibles into our vaginas.

Thank goodness the Chinese government is atheistic and therefore never tries to control a woman's uterus.

Abortion on demand doesn't mean the same thing in China as it does in America.

It's a little bit like the former USSR where everybody had
'the right' to work.

Tried to figure out what China had to do with American legislation or Roe v Wade. Shook my head and walked away.

The abortion indu$try is doing just fine thanks to the casual willingness of wimmin to use abortion as birth control.
I thought that right-wingers believed in capitalism.
Abortion on demand. <<<see that word there? DEMAND. There's plenty of demand in this market notwithstanding your belief that (smart, educated, rational, liberated,) women would always prefer alternative methods of birth control.

What's a "slut"?

Abortion on demand. <<<see that word there? DEMAND. There's plenty of demand in this market notwithstanding your belief that (smart, educated, rational, liberated,) women would always prefer alternative methods of birth control.

What's a "slut"?

Anyone who gets to have more sex than Lion IRC.

What's a "slut"?

Any woman that has sex.

I think about the kind of soul it takes to call a woman a slut.

Someone who is willing to look into the eyes of a young woman (or an older one) and try to make her think she is damaged as a human. Someone who doesn’t care about the pain and lifelong self doubt they instill…. Nay, someone who WANTS to inflict pain and lifelong self doubt.

I think about that and I just wonder, truly, what kind of dark soul one must have to want to flay their fellow humans like that. It’s really, really, unutterably cruel.

I try to picture what that person thinks to themselves when they are successful in instilling shame and pain and defeat.

Do they celebrate? Does it make you feel good when you make them cry, or kill themselves from the shame you told them they should have? Do you mark notches on your rosary for the women whose eyes you turn from happy to abject? Does it make your heart glow when you insult and shame women you’ve never met, when you sling this shame on a message board and have no idea who is reading it?

I always wonder about that.
What kind of a soul does it take to be someone who calls women “slut”.

I think about the kind of soul it takes to call a woman a slut.

I'm not a feminist, I'm an egalitarian.

I have no problem referring to men as sluts if they behave like sluts, which they often do. I especially enjoy it when it's an insulting substitute for stud.

I consider Donald Trump a slut.
Tom

I confess I also wonder about the mind of a person who takes a comment about the pain and harm done by calling women sluts, and says, “ha ha Donald Trump.”

Are you that unaware?

I could be mistaken, but I feel confident that no woman has ever had an abortion performed for leisurely purposes.

Wanda Sykes does a bit about this -- "as if" women had abortions casually. "We don't call up our friends and say, 'GIIRRLL! You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? They're on sale this week."

As always, the so-called "pro-life" crowd exposes their true agenda--it's about regulating sex, not about the fetus.

Pardon me for my naive belief that theres a relationship between pregnancy and intercourse.

Unwanted pregnancy. LOL
It seems that there's a lot of folks who would benefit from a better understanding of the relationship between intercourse and pregnancy.

Pardon me for my naive belief that theres a relationship between pregnancy and intercourse.

Uh oh! Are you the type of person who assumes a woman wearing a mini skirt two inches above the ankle is asking to be raped if she goes to a bar for a beer?

Tough choice. Hmmm...

Option A
Fight for the rights of a defenceless unborn human being.

Option B
Never use the word slut coz it might trigger snowflakes in the feminist abortion industry cheer squad.

Back
Top Bottom