• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rolling Coal: Conservatives ‘screw’ Obama by modifying trucks to spew toxic black smoke

Ah. So you noticed that "rolling coal" seems to have more than one definition. I was starting to think that had simply escaped you.

Jesus H Christ. I'm friends with a lot of left wing and right wing individuals on Facebook. They post the Most-Earth-Shattering-News every hour. My news feed is like the pulse of the right and left wing blogosphere. I get a kick out of watching memes rise and fall. I like to track the political sites with the Ghostery plugin to see who the third party advertisers are. When I first heard about rolling coal I did Google search. I could not find anything political. I did a search a few days later and the Google results were swamped with left leaning sites frothing at the mouth about rolling coal. Yeah, I'm sure there are a few idiots doing this, but the left is blowing it way the fuck out of proportion. The best thing to do is ignore them or snap a pic of their license plate and send it to the police. The only people benefiting from the hype are 3rd party ad servers.

...and now that that word game has been about as effective as should be expected, you've adopted a new statement.

Leftists are organizing a movement that goes more for 24" rims and dubs. I can say this with 100% certainty because I once talked to a guy in rim shop who said lots of people who bought dubs liked Obama and he never heard one say a good thing about Mitt Romney.[/slate quality journalism]

Leftists are organizing a movement that goes more for 24" rims and dubs. I can say this with 100% certainty because I once talked to a guy in rim shop who said lots of people who bought dubs liked Obama and he never heard one say a good thing about Mitt Romney.[/slate quality journalism]

Right then. So, things that fail to distract from your inability to support your claim:

1) Calling the claim an "observation" or "comment" instead of a "claim"
2) Pretending you are suddenly confused as to what claim is being discussed.
3) Weak parody.

Right then. So, things that fail to distract from your inability to support your claim:

3) Weak parody.

Right now I'm failing to support my plan to ignore you.

In the old days of the internet I would have been fascinated as to why you are so invested in arguing to the bitter end that the coal rollers are "political" when this claim could not survive even the slightest contact with their websites, but even watching people relentlessly dig in to defend indefensible and trivial positions on the internet gets old after a while.

3) Weak parody.

In the old days of the internet I would have been fascinated as to why you are so invested in arguing to the bitter end that the coal rollers are "political" when this claim could not survive even the slightest contact with their websites, but even watching people relentlessly dig in to defend indefensible and trivial positions on the internet gets old after a while.

3) Weak parody.
4) Pretending you're too good to care about the argument you deliberately joined and can leave at any time.

Jesus H Christ. I'm friends with a lot of left wing and right wing individuals on Facebook. They post the Most-Earth-Shattering-News every hour. My news feed is like the pulse of the right and left wing blogosphere. I get a kick out of watching memes rise and fall. I like to track the political sites with the Ghostery plugin to see who the third party advertisers are. When I first heard about rolling coal I did Google search. I could not find anything political. I did a search a few days later and the Google results were swamped with left leaning sites frothing at the mouth about rolling coal. Yeah, I'm sure there are a few idiots doing this, but the left is blowing it way the fuck out of proportion. The best thing to do is ignore them or snap a pic of their license plate and send it to the police. The only people benefiting from the hype are 3rd party ad servers.

...and now that that word game has been about as effective as should be expected, you've adopted a new statement.

Oh fucking bullshit. There are a ton videos on youtube of rednecks rolling coal (blowing smoke) just for the pure stupid fun of it. Nothing political. There are also videos on youtube with trucks blowing smoke on pedestrians and cyclists for the thrill of being anti-social. They are not political; just jerks doning something illegal. Then there is the small set of idiots trying to make a political statement.

So we have:
Coal Rollers --Guys, and gals, that really like diesel engine trucks (seems to be the majority)
Coal Rollers --People who like to blow smoke and put up youtube videos (causing no harm other than polluting the air)
Coal Rollers --People that like to blow smoke on pedestrians, cyclists, and other cars. (Jack asses that deserve a big ticket)
Coal Rollers --People that like to blow smoke on pedestrians, cyclists, and other cars and who hate Obama, liberals, fuel economy and clean air.

Oh fucking bullshit. There are a ton videos on youtube of rednecks rolling coal (blowing smoke) just for the pure stupid fun of it. Nothing political. There are also videos on youtube with trucks blowing smoke on pedestrians and cyclists for the thrill of being anti-social. They are not political; just jerks doning something illegal. Then there is the small set of idiots trying to make a political statement.

So we have:
Coal Rollers --Guys, and gals, that really like diesel engine trucks (seems to be the majority)
Coal Rollers --People who like to blow smoke and put up youtube videos (causing no harm other than polluting the air)
Coal Rollers --People that like to blow smoke on pedestrians, cyclists, and other cars. (Jack asses that deserve a big ticket)
Coal Rollers --People that like to blow smoke on pedestrians, cyclists, and other cars and who hate Obama, liberals, fuel economy and clean air.

So are you switching to the claim that group people who deliberately modify their engines to produce smoke and soot are so small as to not be worth considering or not? Or did you want to argue that and the claim that even if we do consider them they have no political agenda simultaneously?

So we have:

So are you switching to the claim that group people who deliberately modify their engines to produce smoke and soot are so small as to not be worth considering or not? Or did you want to argue that and the claim that even if we do consider them they have no political agenda simultaneously?
I think he is saying that the evidence available indicates that those who roll coal for clear political protest are a minority, and the rest either like it because they are bullying idiots, simply find smoke fun, or are "rollin' coal" in no actual way, but are members of a group called it because no one bothered to come up with a better name for diesel enthusiasts.

3) Weak parody.
4) Pretending you're too good to care about the argument you deliberately joined and can leave at any time.

How about this:

1) Stop your pathetic deflections and arguments directed at me personally
2) Go check out some coal roller websites
3) tell us what you find

So we have:

This is stale now, and I'm done arguing. If it makes you feel good to declare victory, go for it. Now is time for: In historic move, Republican House sues Obama!!!

3) Weak parody.

How about this:

3) tell us what you find
How many times can you say the same darn thing and not actually add anything to the conversation than noise?

You haven't added a single direct link to any site you allegedly claimed to have visited, yet complain that no one on the other side of the discussion hasn't shown any links as well. Seriously, if you can't see the hypocrisy there...

Some of them no doubt dislike Obama (he's not exactly all that popular with Americans in general) but this doesn't mean this is what motivates them to be coal rollers.

How about this:

3) tell us what you find
How many times can you say the same darn thing and not actually add anything to the conversation than noise?

You haven't added a single direct link to any site you allegedly claimed to have visited, yet complain that no one on the other side of the discussion hasn't shown any links as well. Seriously, if you can't see the hypocrisy there...

Surely you understand that the idea these people couldn't find coal roller sites on google themselves is pure disingenuous posturing bullshit, intellectual dishonesty and/or abject sloth?

Note that the sites have been linked and the bullshit did not stop. Me not linking was not the problem. It just gave them something to attack me over instead of becoming informed on the issue.

It's not my job to make people stop being ignorant if they are willfully resisting it.

I honestly don't care if people try hard to remain ignorant. It costs me nothing.

I went to the sites. I saw what I saw. They are not going to convince me I didn't see what I saw.

If they aren't going to go to the sites and come back to have an intelligent discussion (something you managed to pull off) then they can go on being ignorant. If they think willful ignorance helps their side, more power to them. Wallow in the damn ignorance. Wear it like a badge of honor.

And I didn't ask anyone to provide links. I described what I did. I suggested they inform themselves similarly and come back. This was apparently very, very controversial.

3) Weak parody.

How about this:

3) tell us what you find

1) Only if you agree to stop beating your wife.
2) Okay
3) I found a site that advocated "Prius repellent" and ridiculed environmentalism.

Now, since we've already been over all this and you complained that the browsing patterns of anyone with my experiences are being controlled by a leftist echo chamber or whatever the fuck, please demonstrate a fifth technique that fails to distract from your inability to find an apolitical site for "coal rollers"

This is stale now, and I'm done arguing. If it makes you feel good to declare victory, go for it. Now is time for: In historic move, Republican House sues Obama!!!

Declaring victory wouldn't make me feel good. Your admitting defeat rather than face the insurmountable task of deciding what your argument actually is does produce a pleasant sense of vindication, though.

3) I found a site that advocated "Prius repellent" and ridiculed environmentalism.

This was the only thing you were able to find? I was able to find a large bit more, much of which did not seem even slightly political. I really wonder how you missed all that. Particularly the ones linked here.

And you think the fact that guys who like big smelly trucks make fun of Priuses establishes that they are political? (aka Conservatives who ‘screw’ Obama by modifying trucks to spew toxic black smoke.)

Declaring victory wouldn't make me feel good. Your admitting defeat rather than face the insurmountable task of deciding what your argument actually is does produce a pleasant sense of vindication, though.

I lose interest when debate turns into sport and nothing new is added to the conversation. That is what this thread has turned into. I'll stick with my original argument:
I really think these guys are just into their diesel trucks (I like to barbecue outside with real charcoal.) I think the left has picked up on this and made it a liberal rallying point when it would be best to just ignore them.
The only modification I'd make to that is "most of these guys".

Surely you understand that the idea these people couldn't find coal roller sites on google themselves is pure disingenuous posturing bullshit, intellectual dishonesty and/or abject sloth?

Note that the sites have been linked and the bullshit did not stop. Me not linking was not the problem. It just gave them something to attack me over instead of becoming informed on the issue.
Actually it is part of the problem. You could have very quickly defended your premise and that'd be that. Instead this thread has evolved into a:

nuh-uh... uh-huh... nuh-uh... uh-huh. You aren't posting links, well you aren't posting links

*sigh*

Actually it is part of the problem. You could have very quickly defended your premise and that'd be that. Instead this thread has evolved into a:

nuh-uh... uh-huh... nuh-uh... uh-huh. You aren't posting links, well you aren't posting links

*sigh*

It wasn't a premise. It was an observation.

I went to the sites, I saw what I saw.

You went to the sites, you saw, I think, more or less the same thing.

I encouraged others to look. I don't understand why this is was so controversial to people here. But their absurd reactions are not my problem. They don't convince me I didn't go to the sites.
They don't convince me I didn't see what I saw.

My comment was only "non-productive" to the extent that people chose to remain ignorant and attack it instead of becoming informed.

Back
Top Bottom