• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rolling Coal: Conservatives ‘screw’ Obama by modifying trucks to spew toxic black smoke

3) I found a site that advocated "Prius repellent" and ridiculed environmentalism.

This was the only thing you were able to find?

Well, it was the only thing I was able to find in the links that supposedly prove that rolling coal is totally apolitical, yeah.

And you keep going on about the links others provided, as if there were dozens of solid links in this thread and I was just ignoring them, but if you go back and do a count you'll find that the number is much closer to 3.

If you were to stop complaining about how you're the only person willing to do some research and look around the internet long enough to actually click those links you'd further discover that two of the three go to pages that have nothing to do with the practice we're talking about and that the tangentially related one ridicules environmentalism.

So we're 1/1 political leanings in the sample cropped to demonstrate no political leanings exist.

So yeah, I could go look for other examples of coal rollers that seem political, but it's not like it gets more obvious than that anyway.

Surely you understand that the idea these people couldn't find coal roller sites on google themselves is pure disingenuous posturing bullshit, intellectual dishonesty and/or abject sloth?

Note that the sites have been linked and the bullshit did not stop. Me not linking was not the problem. It just gave them something to attack me over instead of becoming informed on the issue.
Actually it is part of the problem. You could have very quickly defended your premise and that'd be that. Instead this thread has evolved into a:

nuh-uh... uh-huh... nuh-uh... uh-huh. You aren't posting links, well you aren't posting links

*sigh*

Again, I never asked anyone to post links. I suggested they google and visit some coal roller links to see what they could see. Me cherry-picking links would not have accomplished my purpose as the intent was to get people to examine the totality of what was out there.

Declaring victory wouldn't make me feel good. Your admitting defeat rather than face the insurmountable task of deciding what your argument actually is does produce a pleasant sense of vindication, though.

I lose interest when debate turns into sport and nothing new is added to the conversation. That is what this thread has turned into. I'll stick with my original argument:
I really think these guys are just into their diesel trucks (I like to barbecue outside with real charcoal.) I think the left has picked up on this and made it a liberal rallying point when it would be best to just ignore them.
The only modification I'd make to that is "most of these guys".

Okay then.

A bunch of people say that "coal rollers" are doing it for political reasons. If I look around the internet for people that seem to be pro rolling coal mostly what I find are tumblrs with a couple of images of trucks belching out a cloud of smoke with a caption to the effect of "fuck the environment." You have provided a single link to a website that seems to advocate the practice, and it ridicules environmentalism.

What possible reason could I have for concluding that rolling coal is apolitical?

Oh, yeah, and it wastes fuel and is apparently bad for the truck? Usually guys who are into their truck make modifications that go in the opposite direction.

This was the only thing you were able to find?

Well, it was the only thing I was able to find in the links that supposedly prove that rolling coal is totally apolitical, yeah.

And you keep going on about the links others provided, as if there were dozens of solid links in this thread and I was just ignoring them, but if you go back and do a count you'll find that the number is much closer to 3.

If you were to stop complaining about how you're the only person willing to do some research and look around the internet long enough to actually click those links you'd further discover that two of the three go to pages that have nothing to do with the practice we're talking about and that the tangentially related one ridicules environmentalism.

So we're 1/1 political leanings in the sample cropped to demonstrate no political leanings exist.

So yeah, I could go look for other examples of coal rollers that seem political, but it's not like it gets more obvious than that anyway.

So, you didn't answer my other question.

You consider making fun of a Prius to be political activity?

Do you also consider it a political activity to make fun of a guy with a big truck or spinners?

If I said, for example, "these coal rollers must be using big smoke stacks to make up for their small penises" would you consider that a politically motivated attack?

They don't convince me I didn't go to the sites.
They don't convince me I didn't see what I saw.
They aren't trying to convince you just other people reading along. The fact you won't post a single link which would validate your assertion/claim/observation/premise/etc yet choose to make dozens of posts instead makes your assertions/claims/observation/premises/etc untrustworthy.

So, you didn't answer my other question.

You consider making fun of a Prius to be political activity?

Do you also consider it a political activity to make fun of a guy with a big truck or spinners?

If I said, for example, "these coal rollers must be using big smoke stacks to make up for their small penises" would you consider that a politically motivated attack?

Right then. So, things that fail to distract from your inability to support your claim:
1) Calling the claim an "observation" or "comment" instead of a "claim"
2) Pretending you are suddenly confused as to what claim is being discussed.
3) Weak parody.
4) Pretending you're too good to care about the argument you deliberately joined and can leave at any time.
5) Non-sequitur.

Post a link to that site. If you can't, then perhaps you would be smart to drop these dismal attempts to ridicule everyone else here.

I posted many links..
yes, you did. You didn't claim to do so then refuse to provide the links while derailing the thread for multiple pages with hypocritical posturing. :)

I suspect that if all of us went agoogling, we'd find examples of both political and non-political versions of this stupid-assed "coal-rolling" practice. I frankly don't give a damn which version they are, they should be ticketed if they are spewing that soot because they modified their vehicles to make the trucks/cars do that. And if one of them is caught purposely "coal-rolling" another vehicle, they should be arrested for endangering the other driver.

Back
Top Bottom