• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rudy Giuliani added to Trump legal team - A desperate move?

Giuliani is there to drum up members of the base who may become dispirited, but who can become cajoled into rabidity by any nonsensical mention of 9/11. As in, "This is like what happened on 9/11!" Or some other silliness that is irrelevant to this case.

It probably is as simple as that. I'm amazed that the tactic is still effective, but it is. The most recent example of it being used that I can recall was Geraldo Rivera using it whilst being interviewed by Bill Maher. Fast forward to 3:18
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmZVZzyL_U[/youtube]

Expect to see a return of this level of discourse. 9/11; the GOPs adaptation of "four legs bad, two legs good".

Yeah, I saw that interview. It was amazing to see Geraldo caught so out of sorts by such basic questions. It was obvious that Maher expected Geraldo to provide some kind reasonable answers to his questions, but instead, the guy just kind of stammered and stuttered throughout the interview.

I'd never seen Geraldo so at a loss for words or so out of sorts.

I don't know if "disturbing" is the right word, but he behaved like a cult member who hadn't been off the compound in years.

It only works on Republicans and other rightists.

Since Bush turned 9/11 into a cheap political football used to rationalize things that should not be rationalized, it lost its power over everyone else a long time ago. Anytime someone mentions 9/11 to me, I either immediately think of the cheap theatrics of conservatives or those ridiculous conspiracy theories from other liberals that always results in me yelling and bursting a vein.

Back
Top Bottom