• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

No, I stand by what I wrote. There are just too many coincidences surrounding Trump campaign. If you are going to be suspicious of the business, then you might as well be suspicious of the campaign. Why the double standard?
Yes, is does seem that Trump attracts the worst people. But it could be that he makes it easier to expose them. Had he not won all these people would still be around doing politics.

Most of them never did politics before. They are caught off guard by the amount of scrutiny they receive once in the public sector.

Yes, is does seem that Trump attracts the worst people. But it could be that he makes it easier to expose them. Had he not won all these people would still be around doing politics.

Most of them never did politics before. They are caught off guard by the amount of scrutiny they receive once in the public sector.
Yes, Trump is not draining the swamp. If he were out to expose bad politicians, he'd fire them as soon as they got caught misbehaving, rather than deny any wrongdoing, and keep them in place until the misbehaving makes headlines....

Yes, Trump is not draining the swamp. If he were out to expose bad politicians, he'd fire them as soon as they got caught misbehaving, rather than deny any wrongdoing, and keep them in place until the misbehaving makes headlines....

Perhaps if we presumed draining required a headline booster ..... from fake news....

Perhaps if we presumed draining required a headline booster ..... from fake news....

I suggest a new slogan for Democrats to replace/counter Cheato's "Drain the Swamp" bullshit:

FLUSH THE SHITHOLE!

This is even worse. But I was thinking about Manafort.

But I was thinking about Manafort.

So when you wrote "all these people," you meant Manafort.

It also makes it easier to see what Putin is doing, I guess. So maybe you are right.
I am not following. My point is, Manafort is really bad hombre, yet he had had long long long career in politics before Trump. Had he been less stupid (and he IS stupid) and stayed away from trump he would still doing his "job"

But I was thinking about Manafort.

So when you wrote "all these people," you meant Manafort.

It also makes it easier to see what Putin is doing, I guess. So maybe you are right.
I am not following. My point is, Manafort is really bad hombre, yet he had had long long long career in politics before Trump. Had he been less stupid (and he IS stupid) and stayed away from trump he would still doing his "job"

I don't think Manafort is stupid. His problem is that he is greedy and lacks moral principle. His "job"--the career path that he set for himself--was to help some truly bad people acquire and maintain power. He became a willing Russian stooge in Ukrainian politics and American politics. As Trump became more useful to Putin, Manafort acquired a new assignment--to help Donald Trump in exchange for changing American policies to be more Putin-friendly. He actually served in that job very effectively for a while, but Trump, unlike Manafort, has been extremely incompetent. There wasn't much that Manafort could do about that, and now he is reaping what he has sown. So is Putin.

I don't think Manafort is stupid.
I think he is.
His problem is that he is greedy and lacks moral principle. His "job"--the career path that he set for himself--was to help some truly bad people acquire and maintain power. He became a willing Russian stooge in Ukrainian politics and American politics. As Trump became more useful to Putin, Manafort acquired a new assignment--to help Donald Trump in exchange for changing American policies to be more Putin-friendly. He actually served in that job very effectively for a while, but Trump, unlike Manafort, has been extremely incompetent. There wasn't much that Manafort could do about that, and now he is reaping what he has sown. So is Putin.

Again, you are missing my point by sadetracking to your hobby horse of Russia&Putin. Manafort is and has always being piece of shit. but had he not involved himself with Trump and earlier with Yanukovich who was painted as Putin's stooge (he is not) he would have been a free and respected man. The guy started with Ford actually. What it tells us is that these people are pretty much all bad and unprincipled assholes and they get exposed as such only by accident.

Ford_B1541_NLGRF_photo_contact_sheet_%281976-09-18%29%28Gerald_Ford_Library%29_%28cropped4%29.jpg

Last edited:
Yanukovych was obviously a Putin stooge that Putin helped to install in power. Putin even allegedly tried to poison his 2004 rival, Viktor Yushchenko, with weaponized dioxin before the election that Yanukovych still ended up losing. Manafort was part of the political machine that helped Yanukovych get elected when he ran against Tymoshenko. Hence, it is no surprise that, once driven from power, Yanukovych was quickly given asylum in Russia. He was a Russian stooge, just as one of Yushchenko's poisoners was. That poisoner was given asylum in Russia by Putin. Connect the dots.

Yanukovych was obviously a Putin stooge that Putin helped to install in power. Putin even allegedly tried to poison his 2004 rival, Viktor Yushchenko, with weaponized dioxin before the election that Yanukovych still ended up losing.
And Putin assassinated Kennedy.
Manafort was part of the political machine that helped Yanukovych get elected when he ran against Tymoshenko.
Get off your hobby horse.
Hence, it is no surprise that, once driven from power, Yanukovych was quickly given asylum in Russia. He was a Russian stooge, just as one of Yushchenko's poisoners was. That poisoner was given asylum in Russia by Putin. Connect the dots.
Well Yushchenko was an american stooge.
Your ability to ignore my point is commendable. You were OK with Manafort as long as he was helping your stooges.

You were OK with Manafort as long as he was helping your stooges.

WUT?
You continue to make shit up and post it as fact, and the net net effect is reduce you to clown-level entertainment.

But... but... how the hell could they not know this?

Have these people never read or seen the news before?

I can't believe that.

I think it's breathtaking arrogance. That is, it's more likely the thinking is that because they're protected by (gulp) the leader of the free world, they're even more untouchable now than ever. It's not farfetched to speculate that they figured that at worst they'd get a pardon no matter what they did. Meanwhile, they'd have money hidden all over the world and would be richer regardless if they got busted or not.

But any of us knows how brightly the lights shine on the White House. Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together can observe that every word and action is subject to the most intense scrutiny possible--literally. You have hundreds, if not thousands of reporters in huge networks, an entire opposition party, and millions of people watching everything you do. There's nowhere to hide. It is difficult to believe they didn't know this.

And that makes this all the worse.

But... but... how the hell could they not know this?

Have these people never read or seen the news before?
I am reminded of a comedian who says his friends talk about slavery. "Man, some jackass told me to pick his cotton back in the day, I'd have told him to fuck off and just left." As if no one in 1798 thought of that... And found out it didn't work that way.

I suspect that these people DID watch the news, and told themselves, "Man, if I were in their position (white house), I'd just tell Congress to shut up and pass my laws." Or "It's their own fault, letting their aides talk to reporters. I wouldn't allow that shit." or "Jeez, why didn't he just tell the press secretary to lie?"
.... And are finding out that it just don't work that way.

They probably thought that Trump would be like the government's CEO, and everyone else worked for him. He could just tell people what their job was and they'd have to do it...
Like telling Mueller 'Don't you dare shine a flashlight up my ass and read my financials!"

Trump is truly the Manchurian candidate. How much intel has he and his spawn sent to Russia? This is going to turn out to be devastating.

Trump is truly the Manchurian candidate. How much intel has he and his spawn sent to Russia? This is going to turn out to be devastating.
The Manchurian Candidate was brainwashed as a POW.

Trump is being controlled willingly.

This will cause a rift between the US and other NATO members. Right in line with Putin's plans.

Back
Top Bottom