• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sacred Underwear!

Creepy, yes, but their faith is centered on blood sacrifice. Hence that heart-warming Christian tee shirt slogan: This Blood's for You. I once saw that on a church sign not far from my town.

Creepy, yes, but their faith is centered on blood sacrifice. Hence that heart-warming Christian tee shirt slogan: This Blood's for You. I once saw that on a church sign not far from my town.

Like this?

C37009A4-F6F5-4F05-BE0F-92627A5484FB.png

These silly superstitions that these people have are not just quaint anachronisms. They create real problems and issues for society to deal with. From racism to ostracism to dangerous risk taking that impacts others. This woman will likely have a severe backlash from her community. If she persists, she will be likely excommunicated and cut off from her family and friends. I’m reminded of that scene in Silas Marner where they all turn their back on him, utterly destroying him.

Religion sucks.

Like this?

View attachment 34673

These silly superstitions that these people have are not just quaint anachronisms. They create real problems and issues for society to deal with. From racism to ostracism to dangerous risk taking that impacts others. This woman will likely have a severe backlash from her community. If she persists, she will be likely excommunicated and cut off from her family and friends. I’m reminded of that scene in Silas Marner where they all turn their back on him, utterly destroying him.

Religion sucks.
And lets not forget that the nazis were all baptized christians. There is more than personal relationships at stake when people give up their rational faculties for superstitious nonsense.

I personally treat my underwear with great reverence.

Is the underwear only ceremonial? Is it real clothing or does one need to wear something under the underwear? If I'm only wearing the religious underwear am I in effect going commando?

Is the underwear only ceremonial? Is it real clothing or does one need to wear something under the underwear? If I'm only wearing the religious underwear am I in effect going commando?

Mormons are required to wear the sacred underwear everyday. Some women wear other underwear under their underpants when they are menstruating. The woman in the link was rebelling against the underwear requirement because she said it was itchy, and uncomfortable. It's manufactured and sold by the Mormons. The claim is that the underwear brings one closer to god. It sounds like the underwear helps make money for the Mormon organization. But, what would I know?

What I don't understand is why are these women still capable of believing this shit? It's a positive that some women are finally speaking up about the absurdity of the underwear, but there are so many dumb ass things in Mormonism that they seem to be able to accept. Maybe it's all about forming a community that is very supportive. Mormons are usually very good to their own, but dog forbid you leave the pack. Then you're on your own.

I've read that humans are a very superstitious species. I guess that's one explanation as to why so many of us get sucked into religion. I think another reason is the human need for community.

Back
Top Bottom