• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sarah Palin To NRA Crowd: Waterboarding Is How We Baptize Terrorists

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) defended the controversial enhanced interrogation technique of waterboarding this weekend, and implied that the practice would still be commonplace “if I were in charge.” “They obviously have information on plots to carry out Jihad,” she said at the National Rifle Association (NRA) annual meeting on Saturday evening, referring to prisoners. "Oh, but you can’t offend them, can’t make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen. Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

Heh. Torturing foreign people is funny.

This person came close to being one heartbeat away from controlling your nuclear arsenal.

Such a view is so simple, so easy. It takes no mental effort. Unfortunately, many, many politicians are this way. It disgusts me how incredibly stupid and arrogant our politicians have become. Politicians have never been exceptionally popular, but at least they used to be clever. I always want to vote for someone smarter than myself, and there's just not many choices there that I can see. Trust me, it's not because I'm any genius either.

Does not Governor Grifter look so presidential and stately talking in front of all those NRA patriots?

sarah_with_gun_to_her_head.jpg

Wow! Why Does the Queen of Duh float to the top of the toilet like a lawn muffin? Because she is the face and smell of all that is personified in the conservative and GOP's version of America today! Maybe her and Shaun Klannity can get together and do some kind of water boarding demonstration.

See some of us are still waiting for Shaun to show the America people that water boarding is not torture. And what better way to show those liberal communist who do not love their country like conservatives do with Sarah Barricuda in the back court! And we all know how much Sarah Ice Queen liked to go "all the way to the hoop" with black basketball players back in her golden days as a local news reporter.

Like it has been mentioned already in this thread; this charlatan was one old man away from the nuclear codes!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is pretty "F" en disturbing if you think on that for a whole two seconds. What ever happen to my once proud party of Lincoln? It is really sad that a scoundrel deceiver like flimflammer Palin still can milk it for all it is worth! But then is not the party of no all about what is in it for me?

Peace and happy Monday everyone as the racist rats run for cover as they got their pants pulled down this week! Heh at least Sarah is not a racist dick underneath her facade. Er I mean pants.

Yeh right. If she was president? Heck if she was president we be invading Mexico or something important like that.

Pegasus

Pegasus

All Martin Bashir had to do was cool his heels and not go disgustingly over the top and personal about her slavery comment and he could still be punching away at her on MSNBC.

Yes that was a derail, I just finally saw her original slavery comment in context yesterday. Until then I thought she she was comparing national debt to "general" slavery practiced any random place and time in the world or even debtor's prisons or indentured servitude, but no she was comparing it to the slavery of blacks in the USA. She is a terrible person.

This stuff is the reason why Poe has gone out the window. This sounds too ridiculous to be true. It is why you need video of it to prove it isn't a farce. And that means just about everything she said, not just baptizing terrorists.

• The whole we don't want to offend terrorists strawman which is why liberals don't 1) torture them 2) don't care about defending against terrorism
  • The whole, if we say they are terrorists, that means they are definitely terrorists.
  • That torturing people will get us information required to prevent an attack.
  • That juxtapositioning baptism with torturing seems a tad bit like blasphemy (imagine if Muslims went on saying decapitation is how we circumcise the infidel?).
  • But it isn't a holy war! And to speak of torture so nonchalantly?! With that much applause, Nazi Germany comes to mind, and that isn't some sort Godwin. This is seriously fucked up shit. That the people would back such things with such applause is very disturbing.
  • She did the "I'm kind of running for President" thing again

So in less than a minute, she commits five glaring errors... to applause.

This stuff is the reason why Poe has gone out the window. This sounds too ridiculous to be true. It is why you need video of it to prove it isn't a farce. And that means just about everything she said, not just baptizing terrorists.

• The whole we don't want to offend terrorists strawman which is why liberals don't 1) torture them 2) don't care about defending against terrorism
  • The whole, if we say they are terrorists, that means they are definitely terrorists.
  • That juxtapositioning baptism with torturing seems a tad bit like blasphemy (imagine if Muslims went on saying decapitation is how we circumcise the infidel?).
  • But it isn't a holy war! And to speak of torture so nonchalantly?! With that much applause, Nazi Germany comes to mind, and that isn't some sort Godwin. This is seriously fucked up shit. That the people would back such things with such applause is very disturbing.

Yeah, that really should be offensive to most Christians; and it probably is to many. Yet, far too many fundagelicals will lap it up....

Getting beyond the huckster Palin, the GOP might offer us a Torturer in Chief in 2016 via the sicko Allen West (sadly, I have redneck relatives that like him on FB):
https://www.facebook.com/AllenWest2016

Yeah, that really should be offensive to most Christians; and it probably is to many. Yet, far too many fundagelicals will lap it up....

Getting beyond the huckster Palin, the GOP might offer us a Torturer in Chief in 2016 via the sicko Allen West (sadly, I have redneck relatives that like him on FB):
https://www.facebook.com/AllenWest2016
I remember a Dilbert comic from the 90's where Wally wanted to make money in the booming Internet age, and the investors just wanted him to use a fancy term to get money. Wally said something like "E-commerce" and the investors swooned. These days, to make it in the right-wing, all you have to do is say the dumbest, most untrue and potentially vile thing, and you get liked automatically by the Tea Party browncoats. Wanna saved the world, torture the terrorists. Forget the logistics, we just need to torture and all will be well in the world!

fromderinside: "Nobama!"
Tea Party: Let's make him President!

LOL...Jimmy; though Palin's star is fading quite a bit these days. I suspect that after the 2014 elections we won't hear nearly as much about her...

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/04/sarah-palin-is-not-the-rights-campaign-savior-anymore/361305
Though the NRA devotees appreciated her sentiment, Palin just doesn't command crowds the way she used to, The Washington Post's Robert Costa reports on Monday. "These days many followers ... have moved on," and she's a "diminished figure in the Republican Party," Costa writes. "Even as she travels to Iowa and elsewhere to bolster her handpicked candidates, her influence in these midterm elections has been eclipsed by a new class of stars and her circle has narrowed ..." At a Sunday campaign event for Joni Ernst, the hog-castrating Senate candidate from Iowa, only 50 people stuck around to shake Palin's hand.

... the hog-castrating Senate candidate from Iowa ...

Wait ... what?

Part of me really wants to know what the fuck that is about and another part of me really doesn't want to know what the fuck that is about.

Wait ... what?

Part of me really wants to know what the fuck that is about and another part of me really doesn't want to know what the fuck that is about.
Something she participated in as a kid, mentioned in her ads as a sort of promise to go to Washington and castrate the fat cat politicians that are there.

LOL...Jimmy; though Palin's star is fading quite a bit these days.
It should have extinguished around '09.
I suspect that after the 2014 elections we won't hear nearly as much about her...

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/04/sarah-palin-is-not-the-rights-campaign-savior-anymore/361305
Though the NRA devotees appreciated her sentiment, Palin just doesn't command crowds the way she used to, The Washington Post's Robert Costa reports on Monday. "These days many followers ... have moved on," and she's a "diminished figure in the Republican Party," Costa writes. "Even as she travels to Iowa and elsewhere to bolster her handpicked candidates, her influence in these midterm elections has been eclipsed by a new class of stars and her circle has narrowed ..." At a Sunday campaign event for Joni Ernst, the hog-castrating Senate candidate from Iowa, only 50 people stuck around to shake Palin's hand.
I certainly hope so. Granted, she is being replaced by equally incompetent people like Ted Cruz.

Wait ... what?

Something she participated in as a kid, mentioned in her ads as a sort of promise to go to Washington and castrate the fat cat politicians that are there.

It's not just being sadistic or anything. Piglet castration is an integral part of farming. Everyone do it to keep the pork tender. Just saying.

It's not just being sadistic or anything. Piglet castration is an integral part of farming. Everyone do it to keep the pork tender. Just saying.

Ya, everyone masturbates too. If someone based a political campaign on a metaphor about their masturbation, however, I'd think that we had ourselves one freaky-assed dude.

Wait ... what?

You know the saying about "People who like sausage, should not watch it being made"? Pig castration is the first step of sausage making. It's not a metaphor.

You know the saying about "People who like sausage, should not watch it being made"? Pig castration is the first step of sausage making. It's not a metaphor.

But applying it to politicians is a metaphor. Unless she wants to actually castrate a bunch of politicians. In which case, I'll vote for her.

From what I remember, people were describing McCain's decision to have Palin as VP as "genius" or at least a "very smart move". Why is that?

From what I remember, people were describing McCain's decision to have Palin as VP as "genius" or at least a "very smart move". Why is that?

It shook up a moribund campaign. After eight years of Bush and months of Obama being consistently ahead in the polls, the GOP wanted to shake things up and get people talking about them. They shot down McCain's choice of Lieberman for VP and introduced a young, attractive woman in an attempt to get guys horny and maybe peel off a few pissed off Hillary voters. They got a bump that put them ahead for about a week as people were excited about the fresh choice. Then she started talking and the whole strategy fell apart.

Back
Top Bottom