• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Saudi student kills three at US naval base

barbos

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50692597

The gunman who killed three people at a US naval base in Pensacola, Florida, was a Saudi student, officials say.

He has been named as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani - a Saudi military member in training at the site. He was shot dead by officials.

The local sheriff's office confirmed eight others were injured in the attack including two officers. The shooter used a handgun.

It is the second shooting to take place at a US military base this week.

Too early to say it was terrorism related, but odds are it is.

Looks like it was planned and he was not alone. Someone did not do his job vetting these "allies"

Looks like it was planned and he was not alone. Someone did not do his job vetting these "allies"

Can you tell me why the US hates Shia terrorists and not Sunni terrorists? And yet, has there been a single Shia terrorist act in the US? I can't think of one. All the Islamic terrorist attacks in the US have been committed by Sunni's. Having said that, Americans are in greater danger of getting killed in a hot air balloon than from an Islamic terrorist attack...

I've never been on a naval base. But my wife goes to a Walmart two to three times per week.

I know which group of idiotic nutjobs I'm more concerned about.

Can you tell me why the US hates Shia terrorists and not Sunni terrorists? And yet, has there been a single Shia terrorist act in the US? I can't think of one. All the Islamic terrorist attacks in the US have been committed by Sunni's. Having said that, Americans are in greater danger of getting killed in a hot air balloon than from an Islamic terrorist attack...

Because we hate Iran, but make gobbets of money off Saudi Arabia. It's not as though anyone in our government actually worries about terrorism. War is a matter for men of money to decide.

I've never been on a naval base. But my wife goes to a Walmart two to three times per week.

Is this what you would say to the family of the victims?

Can you tell me why the US hates Shia terrorists and not Sunni terrorists?
What the hell are you talking about? US has been bombing the hell out of ISIS, has been fighting Taliban for almost 20 years now and droned the likes of Al Awlaki in Yemen. All of those are Sunnis.

And yet, has there been a single Shia terrorist act in the US? I can't think of one.
Well for one there are a lot fewer Shiites than Sunnis overall. Shiites are only 10% of all Muslims. Also, news media do not tend to list the particular franchise of Islam that each terrorist belongs to. So I do not know the answer myself. For all we know, the Pensacola shooter might be a Shiite himself. There is a sizable Shiite minority in KSA.

All the Islamic terrorist attacks in the US have been committed by Sunni's.
[citation needed] and also, please stop apostrophe abuse!
Also, while major Shiite terrorist groups like Hezbollah have (to my knowledge) not committed attacks on US soil, they have killed Americans. Both the Beirut barracks attacks and the Khobar Towers attacks were committed by Hezbollah, the Shiite terror group and an organ of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards of Iran. Shiite Iran was also responsible for occupying a US embassy for months after Shiite extremists took control of that country. I do not see why we should let Shiites off the hook just because the far left likes the Iranian/Hezbollah/Houthi anti-American, anti-Israeli ideology.

Having said that, Americans are in greater danger of getting killed in a hot air balloon than from an Islamic terrorist attack...
That may or may not be the case, but people make a conscious choice to subject themselves to this risk. No such choice exists for the risk of Islamic terrorism.

Is this what you would say to the family of the victims?

What one would say to a grieving loved one has zero relevance to what is factual, rational, or should be part of any reasoned conversation about societal problems and threats.

Would you tell someone whose kid died from a rare disease that other more common diseases pose a greater threat and thus warrant more resources to prevent them? No, and yet that should be central to any rational conversation about how to allocate resources to disease prevention.

Back
Top Bottom