• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SC Justice Scalia Has Died

It has started. Senator Lindsey Graham is vowing to block anybody Obama nominates.

Why? Back years ago when the GOP was holding up court nominations, the Democrats forced a rule change that meant instead of 60 Senate votes to confirm a judge, only 50 were now needed. Now the bastard is using this as an excuse to tell us Obama will not be allowed to effectively nominate a SC justice of his choice.

Just saw this live on CBS news.

The elimination of the filibuster on appointments specifically excludes SCOTUS justices.

It has started. Senator Lindsey Graham is vowing to block anybody Obama nominates.

Why? Back years ago when the GOP was holding up court nominations, the Democrats forced a rule change that meant instead of 60 Senate votes to confirm a judge, only 50 were now needed. Now the bastard is using this as an excuse to tell us Obama will not be allowed to effectively nominate a SC justice of his choice.

The elimination of the filibuster on appointments specifically excludes SCOTUS justices.

You mean, Lindsey LIED?! Say it ain't so.

I think that this is good news. I think that it will force many moderates to carefully consider not giving their vote to a conservative.

Scalia's legacy will be increasingly tarnished over time. We will hold his decisions as we now hold the decisions of Henry Billings Brown, the author of Plessy v Ferguson, the 'separate but equal' decision.

Scalia was a dinosaur.

A true believer in Catholicism.

A diviner of intentions of people who lied for a living.

But a true friend of the rich and the corporate system to the end.

It's a huge issue. Americans are afraid that immigrants will take all the jobs and rape all the women.

And you know what Americans do when they are afraid.

Invade Iraq.

Agreed. Americans are irrationally scared. Jihadists have killed 48 Americans since 9-11 in the US. And yet a majority favor sending US ground troops back into the ME. There is no doubt that if Cruz or Rubio are elected, that we'll have our ground troops back into Iraq. But I also think that both would widen the war into Syria. I also have heard some republicans favoring sending troops into the Ukraine.

There is a rumor that Scalia was found wearing a vintage Esther Williams one piece bathing suit. A source close to the family denied this and said the weekend was too cold for swimming.

I would have thought a catholic school girl outfit.

If people made these kind of comments with the party roles reversed (Democrat Justice & Republican President) would you people use those comments as proof that the Republicans are all heartless?

He had the intentions to fuck up the lives of millions.

He wanted to allow abortion to be banned or maybe even find a way to outright ban it.

Based on religious delusion, not the Constitution.

It's about time that truly evil mad died. I only wish that it had been a very painful death. To bad there is no hell for him to go to.

Immigration?

Is that a real issue?
Of course it is. You can see what's happening to Europe when you put out a welcome mat to all comers.

You mean exactly what happened after WWII when mass migration occurred?

There were a few criminals and mostly good decent people.

But of course if we laser-like only focus on the criminals we might see something different.

Can Obama appoint himself?

Back
Top Bottom