• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

scientists caught a deer munching on a human carcass for the first time ever

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.popsci.com/deer-eating-human-remains
Warning: the photos below may be disturbing for some people.

Forensic scientists have to do a lot of weird things in order to solve crimes and identify bodies. Sometimes that involves leaving corpses outside to rot, to better understand what happens during and after decomposition. In fact, there are entire facilities devoted to studying the decay of donated human remains, like the 26-acre Forensic Anthropology Research Facility (FARF) in San Marcos, Texas.

In July 2014, researchers left a body in a wooded part of FARF. They wanted to learn about how different scavengers leave their marks on human remains, so they set up a motion-sensitive camera to see who would stop by. In this part of Texas, it’s not unusual to see foxes, turkey vultures, raccoons, coyotes, and other carrion-gobblers picking at a corpse. But after a few months, someone new came to the table.

deer-2.jpg

Ya ... sure it was the first time. That's what I told the cops when they caught me munching on a guy's corpse, too.

Ya ... sure it was the first time. That's what I told the cops when they caught me munching on a guy's corpse, too.
Now look carefully at the picture on the right. You have to take every opportunity to learn about crime, how it's done and who are those who commit these crimes. You have to make sure you're not going to be fooled by any of these criminals. So pay attention to the second of the two pictures. Look closely at the face of the felon. What do you see? What you see here you will see it again and again. Look at the face: it's basically the face of perfect innocence. It says, "Who, me? No, Sir, I have done nothing, Sir!"

Remember that look! you will see it again and again, and when you do, make sure you don't fall for it.
EB

"deer munching on a human carcass for the first time ever"

...how do they know it was his first time ever? That deer may have been chowing down on people for years...

The deer in my area are panicking from overdevelopment. They stay in a state of anxiety because loud human activity is always going on close by. They live in small patches of woods between houses and stores. Trash is what they are forced to eat because traveling to a better food source will get them killed by a truck. I bet if they found a corpse in the trash they would eat it because there is nothing left for them to eat. They say the deer are overpopulated but I'm wondering about who we could fairly say is overpopulating. Humans breed faster and they're the reason deer have lost their homes, so it isn't the deer in my opinion. Eventually this will all be concrete and the deer will be freaking out, running in front of cars and getting humans killed. Hitting a deer with a car can definitely kill you. I've seen it happen. Is that because there are too many deer or too many humans? Deer can't even contemplate the question so I blame humans. Oh and the deer in the pic is eating marrow, not flesh. Give her a break.

So now we have two lines of defense emerging. First, "Your Lordship, my client was munching on marrow... It wasn't really human flesh! Just... marrow."

Second line of defense: "I will submit that it is unreasonable for the prosecution to expect my client to watch as humans slowly spread all over the place and invade the traditional grounds of the deer community and do nothing."

Oh deer!
EB

Ha yeah and deer are unprosecutable. Is there a certain amount of concrete poured in for every human baby born, or what? Why is it necessary to make so much of the darn stuff?

Deer are eating corpses. How long until they jump out of bushes and nip at passing children? Humans are creating a bad problem. I bet the deer in the pic would have passed right by that juicy marrow if there was something else decent to eat.

The deer are coming and there is no one to blame but humans. Urban deer attacks on the rise with burgeoning population and it won't be long until there is all out war. If a deer does attack you, try to stay upright since they inflict injury by striking with their hooves. Cover your head with your arms and back off to shelter. God help us.

Ironically, not long after seeing this thread, I was watching some sort of nature show on BBC, and they were showing a clip of a deer eating a baby bird. They were speculating if the deer was needing calcium or something else that was missing from its normal diet.

Ironically, not long after seeing this thread, I was watching some sort of nature show on BBC, and they were showing a clip of a deer eating a baby bird. They were speculating if the deer was needing calcium or something else that was missing from its normal diet.
Probably just wanted the damn thing to shut up.

deer-2.jpg

Hey, you got any ketchup?

You mean, like, wings?
EB

Back
Top Bottom