• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Scientology: Miscavige is the world's only OT

You will not see any defense of anything in this thread. I pointed out the flaws in your first assertions.

Every time you post, you defend the cult.

Are you not confident that "the most ethical group on the planet" can allow some criticism to pass without that Pavlovian response to defend?

Stating the conclusion is not supported by the premise is hardly defending anything. Any you also failed to support your latest statement.

You should step out of poli sci now and then. :D Whichphilosophy has been defending the destructive cult of scientology for many years here.

But When I do step out of Politics, I am greeted with Scientology believers.

That's not good.

This was a request to clarify your statement by producing the premise. You've done this well on other threads.

But When I do step out of Politics, I am greeted with Scientology believers.

That's not good.
Take comfort, Athena. Other than possibly a lurker or two over the years, it appears Which is the only one.

Every home should have one :D

At least while he is here, he is not likely to find anyone gullible enough to take him seriously.

Take comfort, Athena. Other than possibly a lurker or two over the years, it appears Which is the only one.

Every home should have one :D

At least while he is here, he is not likely to find anyone gullible enough to take him seriously.

What is your premise to support that conclusion that suggests I am looking for gullible people.

Bilby, just rub the damn lotion on your skin already and maybe he'll stop.

Not directed at anyone, but there has to be some degree of gullibility in order to accept a set of unfounded beliefs as being true and factual information. Not only Scientology, but any faith based religion, ideology or desired object. The power of Faith over reason.

Not directed at anyone, but there has to be some degree of gullibility in order to accept a set of unfounded beliefs as being true and factual information. Not only Scientology, but any faith based religion, ideology or desired object. The power of Faith over reason.

That is true and there are easily a lot of examples to support this including the antics of the head-chopping Jihadists. In my own view, personal application is more desirable than faith based. This is still subjective, where of course that doesn’t mean the bystander should accept this or we are back to the faith issue.
I would expand further as pointed out in post No 4, that believing media reports on face value can also apply in the same manner. We are all subject to this at various points in our lives.
My aforesaid post 4 and also 6 set off the chain of responses.

That is true and there are easily a lot of examples to support this including the antics of the head-chopping Jihadists. In my own view, personal application is more desirable than faith based. This is still subjective, where of course that doesn’t mean the bystander should accept this or we are back to the faith issue.
I would expand further as pointed out in post No 4, that believing media reports on face value can also apply in the same manner. We are all subject to this at various points in our lives.
Don't flatter yourself.

Don't flatter yourself.

You did not supply a reason, let alone a logical one for your comment.

Back
Top Bottom