• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SCotUS ruling could unleash the Apocalypse

, which will result in full-scale persecution of Christians and the end of the world:
FULL SCALE persecution?
Well, damn, what more can we DO?
We already outlaw prayers, we force an atheist 'referee' at all bible study, it's not a crime to set religious book stores on fire, rosaries are listed as offensive weapons, and all road intersections ahve to have at least one road coming in at no closer than 85 degrees, so no one confuses a crossroads with a cross.
Someone out there must be slacking off on the persecution. Who is it?
Who's been tolerating Christain rights?
I want names, people!

If WWII didn't unleash the apocalypse... I'm doubting that allowing gay marriages will.

The apocalypse was already unleashed centuries ago. It's called by many names. The Inquisition, Crusades, Jihad, heretic burnings, medieval torture (although "medieval" is a misnomer as it was practiced until less than a century and a half ago).

Wow. These guys are truly mentally ill. Just reading the article and his claims it puts one to mind of psychosis and schizophrenia.

Wow. These guys are truly mentally ill. Just reading the article and his claims it puts one to mind of psychosis and schizophrenia.

No, no, no. It's all logical.

Under the Antichrist kingdom, Jerusalem (the center of the universe for prophecy study) is described in Revelation 11:8 as “mystically called Sodom and Eqypt,” implying in part that both homosexuality and pantheism (religious pluralism) define its culture.
Well, yea, Sodom is clearly code for homosexuality... Unless the most important thing you recall from the Sodom story is Lot offering his daughters to the crowd so his guests wouldn't be molested. So maybe the Antichrist is centered on some sort of misogyny....?
And it's hard to read the Jews' travails in Egypt as being a code for religious pluralism. When Moses said, 'Respect my people and their god,' Pharaoh set his priests to prove his gods were superior. Not that all gods were equally valid choices in one's relationship to the cosmos...

I do like his interpretation that being askedto give up 'supremacist' beliefs is how you'll recognize the Antichrist. That's handy, that only Satan would ask you to hate a little less, or puff yourself up a little less in pride...

, which will result in full-scale persecution of Christians and the end of the world:
FULL SCALE persecution?
Well, damn, what more can we DO?
We already outlaw prayers, we force an atheist 'referee' at all bible study, it's not a crime to set religious book stores on fire, rosaries are listed as offensive weapons, and all road intersections ahve to have at least one road coming in at no closer than 85 degrees, so no one confuses a crossroads with a cross.
Someone out there must be slacking off on the persecution. Who is it?
Who's been tolerating Christain rights?
I want names, people!

Well, we asked Christians to be less evil in how they treat homosexuals, and that's the same thing as persecuting Christians.

Whenever you try to reduce injustice in the world, you are "persecuting" any population that benefits from the injustice. That's just how the conservative mind works.

Well, we asked Christians to be less evil in how they treat homosexuals, and that's the same thing as persecuting Christians.
I'd characterize it more as 'WE won't be evil to homosexuals just because you want to be. Because your wishes in this matter no longer matter...
Marginalizing Christain demands is definitely a form of persecuting them. They'll begin to fear that they are not the axis around which the universe spins....

Whenever you try to reduce injustice in the world, you are "persecuting" any population that benefits from the injustice. That's just how the conservative mind works.
benefits?
This is the opposite of benefits. If we free the gays, then gay christains should, you'd think, benefit from that.
But no.
If we make being gay not a stigma, then all the closet homosexual christains will have no basis for their self-loathing, and will not find vindication in screaming for the death of all those more-comfortable gays who are not into self-denial. They'll never have to admit they're in the wrong, but they'll never be able to show God how much they love his judgemental ass by showing the number of gays they've discriminated against...

No, no, no. It's all logical.

Under the Antichrist kingdom, Jerusalem (the center of the universe for prophecy study) is described in Revelation 11:8 as “mystically called Sodom and Eqypt,” implying in part that both homosexuality and pantheism (religious pluralism) define its culture.
Well, yea, Sodom is clearly code for homosexuality... Unless the most important thing you recall from the Sodom story is Lot offering his daughters to the crowd so his guests wouldn't be molested.
The guest was a male, so in essence, they wanted to rape god. Kind of silly really if you think about it. They got what was coming to them. ;)

I think we should hold this guy to his prediction.

Let's schedule an anti-Christ party on September 31st. We can use it as an excuse to celebrate yet another failed Christian prediction.

I just have one lingering question....

we should brace for serious judgment on the United States in the form of natural and/or man-made disaster if the Supreme Court established sodomy as a basis for marriage under our constitution.
How many of the married people here would list oral or anal sex as the basis for their marriage?
Or classic sex?
Or even 'sex' in general?

I do recall some difficulty in getting our marriage license. But that was filling out the 'race' blocks. This poor young clerk was trying desperately to do her job and not offend either of us. Leading statements like, "Okay, the groom is....whiiiiiiite.... and the briiiiiiide... ?"
"Isn't," was my suggestion. I have it on good authority that i was not helping.

Anyway, though that question just never came up in Caribou County, Idaho, before, i do recall that they never asked about miscegenation. Did we intend to practice it as the basis for our marriage, or under the cover of our otherwise legal marriage? It just never came up.
If the question of sodomy had come up... Well, we were both sailors at the time. We'd have asked for definitions, explanations, maybe covered all the possibilities. The poor clerk would have blushed herself to death.

Near as i can tell, they were concerned about age, about our being consenting adults. And mailing addresses. And when she heard my last name, the clerk realized she knew five or six people that were related to me. But the government never expressed any claim to needing to know what our bedroom practices were, or were going to be under the blessing of a state-recognized union.

Back
Top Bottom