• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Graham conspired to commit Election Fraud?

The fact that they are trying to get ballots tossed based on something as invalid and arbitrary as a non-matching signature proves how vile and fascistic they are, without the slightest regard for voting rights and democracy.

One thing the Dems need to focus upon is eliminating the use of signatures as a basis to discount a ballot. People's signatures change all the time and many people (myself being one) don't even have a standard signature so it looks different almost every time I write it. At minimum, there should be a requirement that any disputed signature must be proven not to match, which should require and under oath affidavit by experts in the area. Or just require that the voter be contacted to confirm their vote (such as with a serial # that is put on the ballot and a stub of the ballot they retain.

So hopefully this might make you feel more comfortable... there is a process called "Curing Ballots" when there is some issue with the ballot that delays it being counted - a suspiciously mismatched signature, for example. To "cure" the flawed ballot, the county clerks office sends a letter to the registered voter that allegedly sent the bad ballot. Different states ask for different information, and may be different based on what is wrong with the ballot in the first place. If the ballot is cured by the voter responding correctly to the clerks office, then it is counted.

Last year, for a minor local election, my ballot envelope was signed really badly. Totally understandable that the system might have spit it out. Well, it did spit it out, and I received a letter. I responded to the letter and my vote was subsequently cured. In Colorado, I can personally attest that the process works.

... this shouldn't be a partisan issue. Both parties should be concerned about this issue.

That would be right -
IF IT WAS AN ISSUE.

Every registered voter should be allowed one vote. PERIOD.
If a ballot comes in and there is no registered voter associated with it, throw it out. Otherwise COUNT IT.
If any registered voter is found to be associated with more than one ballot, contact them and proceed accordingly.
NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE, AND
NOT AN ISSUE!

Back
Top Bottom