• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sentenced to Death for "Insulting Islam"

Will Wiley

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
naturalist

Can you imagine making a joke and facing death as a result?

"During his interrogation, Sina was told that if he signed a confession and repented, he would be pardoned and let go," said the source in an interview with CHRI on March 21, 2017. "Unfortunately, he made a childish decision and accepted the charges. Then they sentenced him to death." "Later he admitted that he signed the confession hoping to get freed," said the source. "Apparently the authorities also got him to confess in front of a camera as well." -- Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI).

When the Islamists gain power, they immediately create their own "judiciary system" in order to "legitimize" their implementation of sharia law. In fact, the judiciary system is used less as a tool for bringing people to justice, and more as a tool to suppress freedom of speech and of the press

This makes Putin look bad. On the other hand Saudi Arabia makes US look bad the same way..... depressing.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Now what to do about it?

Try to teach? Try to persuade? Present a better example of rational thinking?

Or attack and kill the innocent and make everybody terrified so that the worst can take over easily and this worsens?

We tried the massive attack. Two in fact. Both we are still fighting.

We are still fighting the result of the Iraq attack, ISIS. And still fighting in Afghanistan.

We have never tried to present a more rational example.

So unfortunately NOW there is little we can do, except perhaps work to overthrow the Saudi dictatorship from within, about this.

Can you imagine making a joke and facing death as a result?

"During his interrogation, Sina was told that if he signed a confession and repented, he would be pardoned and let go," said the source in an interview with CHRI on March 21, 2017. "Unfortunately, he made a childish decision and accepted the charges. Then they sentenced him to death." "Later he admitted that he signed the confession hoping to get freed," said the source. "Apparently the authorities also got him to confess in front of a camera as well." -- Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI).

When the Islamists gain power, they immediately create their own "judiciary system" in order to "legitimize" their implementation of sharia law. In fact, the judiciary system is used less as a tool for bringing people to justice, and more as a tool to suppress freedom of speech and of the press
This happen in New Jersey?

This happen in New Jersey?

Might as well have. The Gatestone Institute ( a right wing think tank) has made up things in the past.

There are some other sources which run the same piece as follows:

https://www.iranhumanrights.org/201...islam-online-tricked-into-signing-confession/

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1070181/world

The stated author is Dr. Majid Rafizadeh an Iranian reformist professor at Harvard. However blastphemy laws are enforced in Islamic countries.

Might as well have. The Gatestone Institute ( a right wing think tank) has made up things in the past.

There are some other sources which run the same piece as follows:

https://www.iranhumanrights.org/201...islam-online-tricked-into-signing-confession/

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1070181/world

The stated author is Dr. Majid Rafizadeh an Iranian reformist professor at Harvard. However blastphemy laws are enforced in Islamic countries.
But this isn't exactly news. We know this happens in areas where radicalism rules the land. It is just the continued piling on of data that is are just the same digits to demonize the religion of people who don't commit these acts or use their religion to justify such actions.

So we're going to do something about white sheeters bombing black churches in 'merica?

Those individual, lone wolf attacks done by unaffiliated crazy people. There's nothing that can be done to prevent them because each one is based on a unique and unrelated set of circumstances.

So we're going to do something about white sheeters bombing black churches in 'merica?

Those individual, lone wolf attacks done by unaffiliated crazy people. There's nothing that can be done to prevent them because each one is based on a unique and unrelated set of circumstances.

Huh? Don't we 'mericans attempt to arrest and prosecute all people who bomb churches?

I don't even recall "progressives" reflexively defending this activity.

Word to the wise. I thought everyone had learned this from the Inquisition. Confession rarely helps. They're going to kill you anyway. Once these sort of governments imprison you, there is no way out.

The normal conversation for people who live/lived in such places.

Woman: My husband's been arrested. Taken to the Bastille.
Would-be-lover: Oh, I'm sorry.

Word to the wise. I thought everyone had learned this from the Inquisition. Confession rarely helps. They're going to kill you anyway. Once these sort of governments imprison you, there is no way out.

The normal conversation for people who live/lived in such places.

Woman: My husband's been arrested. Taken to the Bastille.
Would-be-lover: Oh, I'm sorry.

If anything, confessing probably reduces his suffering, even if his short-lived legacy is stained until the day he is forgotten.

i disagree with death sentenced but this criminal should be in psychiatric hospital for mental illness up to 5 years

i disagree with death sentenced but this criminal should be in psychiatric hospital for mental illness up to 5 years

That is just as primitive.

We now live in the 21st Century.

The idea of gods and beings out there that care about humanity or what humanity does is a hypothesis completely devoid of evidence.

I don't take your word for it.

What you believe is childish.

The idea of gods and beings out there that care about humanity or what humanity does is a hypothesis completely devoid of evidence.

It isn't just childish, it is dangerously oppressive. Typical authoritarian attitude coming from a follower of an Abrahamic religion. Go figure.

It isn't just childish, it is dangerously oppressive. Typical authoritarian attitude coming from a follower of an Abrahamic religion. Go figure.

It is a tool to control the minds of people.

And like any tool it depends what you do with it.

But we should be getting rid of tools of control.

We should become free thinking and free acting.

There is an incredible freedom in giving up primitive superstition. Even if there is nothing to replace it.

atheists need to learn to respect other people religion or you will be in trouble

remember this is OUR world not your, we makes rules

atheists need to learn to respect other people religion or you will be in trouble

wrong

We're the ones who believe this is the only world we'll ever live in. You agree with us that this life is temporary. However, you believe that you'll have eternal life. So really, this is our world because you have another, more important one to fuck off to when your existence here ceases.

I am talking about rationality.

Reason and rationality will win or humans will not survive.

Religion is primitive superstition for children.

The faster it goes away the better.

Back
Top Bottom