• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

She's going to blow

Do you think our county will blow up into a civil war? Or will everyone just magically go back home again after Biden gets elected? Or something else? Will there be any statues or federal buildings left? How about Mt Rushmore?

Things will get a lot better once His Flatulence quits throwing gas on the fire. Look at what happened in Portland.

Do you think our county will blow up into a civil war? Or will everyone just magically go back home again after Biden gets elected? Or something else? Will there be any statues or federal buildings left? How about Mt Rushmore?

Things will get a lot better once His Flatulence quits throwing gas on the fire. Look at what happened in Portland.

I always say the time is dangerous when people are willing to take a bullet rather than firing one. No sign of that...

Yeah, it's getting quite crazy. Especially the reverence and borderline worship of dead thugs is worrysome. For example the city of Decatur, Ga is putting a fucking hologram of George Floyd.
An armed robber and forger should be honored just because he died while high? WTF?

I think our country will be fine. We will slowly work out our problems and there will be change.
Change can be positive, negative or neutral. We are currently in a period of very negative change ("abolish police" movements, racial polarization due to increasing identity politics on the Left etc.)

An armed robber and forger should be honored just because he died while high? WTF?
Mr Floyd's death at the hands of police brutality has generated a world wide outcry - it can now be seen as a symbol of positive change.

BTW, a hologram is easily taken down.

I think our country will be fine. We will slowly work out our problems and there will be change.
Change can be positive, negative or neutral. We are currently in a period of very negative change ("abolish police" movements, racial polarization due to increasing identity politics on the Left etc.)
Yeah, working to make the police less brutal and less racist is "negative" change.:rolleyes: And, of course, the identity politics of white nationalists, the President, their dupes and their silent enablers are positive changes. :rolleyes:

Mr Floyd's death at the hands of police brutality has generated a world wide outcry - it can now be seen as a symbol of positive change.
It's still a very bad symbol. I also do not think what's been happening since May is in any way, shape or form "positive change".

BTW, a hologram is easily taken down.
It should not have been put up to begin with.

It's still a very bad symbol. I also do not think what's been happening since May is in any way, shape or form "positive change". '
To many people, it is a positive symbol. I think it is a bit early for that judgment.

It won't be as long as positive is 1984'd to negative, defund is translated into abolish, and legitimate claims of racism are addressed by 'good' people with Nazi flags.

Yeah, it's getting quite crazy. Especially the reverence and borderline worship of dead thugs is worrysome. For example the city of Decatur, Ga is putting a fucking hologram of George Floyd.

Daniel Shaver didn’t get a hologram. But he was the wrong color I guess.

What I am wondering is this. What would have been the liberal and media response if the extreme right wing or Trumpsters had suddenly walled off part of Seattle and called it their own zone? I'm guessing the response and hypocrisy over right wingers doing the same thing would have been stunning to say the least.

Yeah, working to make the police less brutal and less racist is "negative" change.:rolleyes:
That's your interpretation of it, but does not correspond to reality.

First of all, actions of the local governments tacitly or overtly supporting violent riots, takeovers of whole city blocks, arson, looting etc. has been very damaging to the country, and especially to the major cities. There are also efforts to defund police by 50% or so, or to abolish police departments altogether.

Second, the over-emphasis on race. Everything is based on race these days - college admissions, hiring, how people shot by police are viewed (when was the last time CNN was making a big deal about a white criminal shot by police?) etc. We started moving away from it, with for example some states banning racial preferences and SCOTUS somewhat restricting the racist practice. But now we are regressing, with for example California is poised to reimpose the racist practice of racial preferences in admisisons and hiring.

And, of course, the identity politics of white nationalists, the President, their dupes and their silent enablers are positive changes. :rolleyes:
Identity politics of all kinds is bad, but the identity politics on the Left is the dominant form today by a wide margin.

What I am wondering is this. What would have been the liberal and media response if the extreme right wing or Trumpsters had suddenly walled off part of Seattle and called it their own zone? I'm guessing the response and hypocrisy over right wingers doing the same thing would have been stunning to say the least.

Exactly. The double standard is staggering.

No need to wonder. We already know.

Dori: Mayor Durkan has no consistency on takeover of private property

It won't be as long as positive is 1984'd to negative, defund is translated into abolish,

"Defund" means different things to different people. Some mean reduce budget by 50% or more, but some want to abolish police outright.

Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

and legitimate claims of racism are addressed by 'good' people with Nazi flags.
There aren't many people waving Nazi flags in the US. Far more people are marching with communist banners than Nazi ones.
483941694_6e909f30f338141622ad9e94d934b620.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg
Anti-Capitalism.jpg
Antifa-BLM-RevCom-Sit-Rep-7.30.jpg
Revcom means Revolutionary Communist Party.

And "legitimate claims of racism" are drowned in the sea of illegitimate claims of racism. It's gotten so bad that the Left is now claiming that you don't even need racists to have racism. The word has lost all real meaning!

https://www.unz.com/freed/its-gonna-blow-be-a-miracle-if-it-dont/

Hoo-boy. She’s ready to explode, go high order. Smoking ruins, dead bodies, seething hatreds, and a country that can’t be put back together. It may not happen, but she looks ready

When I read stuff like this it seriously makes me feel like I should make plans to move to Canada. Its just too bad the weather is so cold up there.

https://www.amren.com/news/2020/07/...-violent-protests-and-riots-over-the-weekend/

Don't worry. It's getting warmer every day.

Daniel Shaver didn’t get a hologram. But he was the wrong color I guess.

Is skin color the only difference you see or the only one you're interested in?

Yeah, working to make the police less brutal and less racist is "negative" change.:rolleyes:
That's your interpretation of it, but does not correspond to reality.

First of all, actions of the local governments tacitly or overtly supporting violent riots, takeovers of whole city blocks, arson, looting etc. has been very damaging to the country, and especially to the major cities. There are also efforts to defund police by 50% or so, or to abolish police departments altogether.

Second, the over-emphasis on race. Everything is based on race these days - college admissions, hiring, how people shot by police are viewed (when was the last time CNN was making a big deal about a white criminal shot by police?) etc. We started moving away from it, with for example some states banning racial preferences and SCOTUS somewhat restricting the racist practice. But now we are regressing, with for example California is poised to reimpose the racist practice of racial preferences in admisisons and hiring.

And, of course, the identity politics of white nationalists, the President, their dupes and their silent enablers are positive changes. :rolleyes:
Identity politics of all kinds is bad, but the identity politics on the Left is the dominant form today by a wide margin.

Reducing resources to the police will lead to more atrocities, not less. The reason why some police are brutal is because they haven't been property trained to assess the situation and defuse it if necessary. And of course, there are some cops who are simply bad cops and who lack the ethics and temperment to be effective.

WTF? No our country is not going to blow up. The 60's were far more stressed, and so were the 1930's.

BTW, like Harry, I live in the greater Portland metro area...12 miles from downtown proper. We are fine, and Portland is a nice city for a big city; sure it still has big city issues...

Yea, Portland is a great place to live. People trying to protray it as a bombed out hell hole haven't been here! And we have far less crime that the typical city our size.

Back
Top Bottom