• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Should this "Karen" be locked up for falsely accusing an innocent Black?

Gospel

Unify Africa
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
I'm to busy being upset about the assaulted on a 14 year old. Tell you what, you touch my 14 year old son and you wont make it to fucking jail.

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Nonpracticing agnostic
After watching the video more, I am convinced she has a narcissist personality disorder like Trump. I don't know if that can be medicated or if therapy helps. I don't think jail works as rehab but maybe she needs to be knocked down a peg. I could be wrong. I leave those decisions to professionals.

krypton iodine sulfur

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
n/a
If someone wanted to go the armchair psychologist route, there are a few different things that might add context to her actions. But at the end of the day, who can say from such limited info? People with disabilities or atypical conditions get lumped in with enough negative stereotypes; no sense saddling them with this unfortunate case unnecessarily.

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Nonpracticing agnostic
https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/soho-k...ear-old-stole-her-phone-news.124466.html?_amp
SoHo Karen was shortly released from jail and made her way back to California. As she got off her flight from the Big Apple, a Daily Mail videographer asked Ponsetto, “Why did you think that kid took your phone? Because he was black?”

She replied, “No, because he did."

Her claim contradicts her own lawyer, who had insisted “she is sorry,” and blamed the attack on Ponsetto being a “scared girl” who “lost her mind for a hot minute.”

Does this attitude seem familiar? Says she's the best, says something was stolen that wasn't, justifies an attack, can say she is sorry with help of handler, but isn't...

Racist, narcissist, paranoid schizophrenic, drug addict, or all of the above...I leave this to professionals.

jab

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
non-militant atheist
The article says she is being held without bail.

Seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars to me.

I get the impression that shutting off her credit cards and restricting her device to one Wi-Fi hotspot would easily keep her contained to a 50' radius.
Tom

She's already on probation. But apparently, she's still privileged enough to be able to travel 3000 miles from her home, use her cell phone, stay overnight at a hotel...which is weird because she said she was visiting family...during a pandemic?

I mean, we've been pretty much on lockdown and we are not on probation. She's on probation. Even worse: she violated her probation already and the probation officer ought to have said to stay home until her probation violation hearing after that.

But instead, she claims she stayed at a hotel to see family. She couldn't stay with them? She shouldn't stay with them because of the pandemic but then why go to NYC?

It makes no sense.

But when she attacked the boy, she wasn't staying at the hotel, though she had come back for a morning visit in an uber. I wonder what she was doing at the hotel?

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Nonpracticing agnostic
She's already on probation. But apparently, she's still privileged enough to be able to travel 3000 miles from her home, use her cell phone, stay overnight at a hotel...which is weird because she said she was visiting family...during a pandemic?

I mean, we've been pretty much on lockdown and we are not on probation. She's on probation. Even worse: she violated her probation already and the probation officer ought to have said to stay home until her probation violation hearing after that.

But instead, she claims she stayed at a hotel to see family. She couldn't stay with them? She shouldn't stay with them because of the pandemic but then why go to NYC?

It makes no sense.

But when she attacked the boy, she wasn't staying at the hotel, though she had come back for a morning visit in an uber. I wonder what she was doing at the hotel?

I don't know but l looked at her instagram followings before she made it private. It had all the Trumps, each one, No other politicians, Kardashians, BLM, Proud Boys, and Arlo Hotels. Weird, isn't it?

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Nonpracticing agnostic
The California woman dubbed "SoHo Karen" for allegedly attacking a 14-year-old who she believed took her cellphone was reportedly accused in a separate incident of damaging a New York City Airbnb, according to a recent report.

Miya Ponsetto, 22, allegedly damaged the door to an Airbnb in New York City’s East Village on Dec. 26 – the same day she was accused of trying to rob and assault the teenager – and used a fire extinguisher to try to get into an apartment after getting locked out, the New York Post reported.

An Airbnb spokesperson told Fox News Ponsetto "has been banned from Airbnb for violations of our community policies."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/soho-karen-miya-ponsettos-big-apple-crime-interview

There is a lot to unpack here.

Note that upon probably locking her keys inside the AirBnB, she feels entitled to break the door to get inside rather than calling someone to help. Her level of entitlement and panicked violence keeps showing up in documented events.

What did she call herself? "super sweet?" Yeah...um...she is like George Zimmerman's super sweet little sister.

The other thing...she claimed she was staying with relatives so why an AirBnB? And if she wasn't staying at the hotel, what the hell was she doing there? (jab's question)

TomC

Celestial Highness
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic deist
An Airbnb spokesperson told Fox News Ponsetto "has been banned from Airbnb for violations of our community policies."

Surely Trump understands the problems people have "being banned for violations of our community policies".

Surely her mom could write a letter, paperclip a check to it, and get poor Miya pardoned.
I understand that there's a "Going Out of Business" sale at the White House right now!

You'll never get a better price Ponsetto. Call this number now.
Tom

Top Bottom