• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Should this "Karen" be locked up for falsely accusing an innocent Black?

Keyon senior is just a douche. Rather than help, he does what all these douchebags do, whips out the phone and starts recording and goes running to the press. Tool.

Mr Keyon responded with information, rather than violence. Kudos to him.
If he'd punched the attacker I'd think he responded badly. A little. But he didn't. She attacked his kid, he didn't respond with violence, he did very well here.

Under very trying circumstances.
If a guy punches out an attacker so hard they wind up in the hospital I'd totally get it. She was the perp and he was protecting his child. Sorry if he didn't do it perfectly, but neither would I. He didn't have the clarity of hindsight to guide him when some bitch attacked his kid.

"some bitch" ? Very telling.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Monday said the viral incident in which a woman falsely accused a black 14-year-old boy of stealing her cellphone was “Racism. Plain and simple.” The mayor’s comments came as Manhattan prosecutors said they were “thoroughly investigating” the disturbing Saturday encounter at the Arlo Hotel in SoHo.

Meanwhile a totally not disturbing encounter on Fifth Ave;

An SUV driver and his mother say they thought they were going to be killed after a gang of teenagers surrounded their car and began smashing it up in New York City. The shocking incident occurred in broad daylight in the heart of Manhattan on Tuesday - evidence that Big Apple officials are failing to protect residents amid surging rates of violent crime. Max Torgovnick, 36, was driving in the BMW with his mom when they encountered the large group of youngsters biking up Fifth Avenue near 21st Street. The pair had just dropped off a holiday donation to a local charity when their vehicle was viciously set upon. According to eyewitnesses, the teens began blocking traffic and started to attack the luxury car. Shocking video shows several teens punching the BMW's windows and stomping on its hood.

DailyMail

Rest assured, Karen is being "thoroughly investigated" for her heinous rudeness.

Keyon senior is a weapons grade prick and that's about all there is to this non story. b

Why do you believe this?
A dad protected his kid from a crazy person. Without violence.
How is he a "weapons grade prick"?

I see him as a top shelf parent, in a tough situation.
Tell me why you think I'm wrong.
Tom

Keyon senior is just a douche. Rather than help, he does what all these douchebags do, whips out the phone and starts recording and goes running to the press. Tool.

Mr Keyon responded with information, rather than violence. Kudos to him.
If he'd punched the attacker I'd think he responded badly. A little. But he didn't. She attacked his kid, he didn't respond with violence, he did very well here.

Under very trying circumstances.
If a guy punches out an attacker so hard they wind up in the hospital I'd totally get it. She was the perp and he was protecting his child. Sorry if he didn't do it perfectly, but neither would I. He didn't have the clarity of hindsight to guide him when some bitch attacked his kid.

"some bitch" ? Very telling.

Telling?
Telling of what?
The bitch attacked a kid. She had other options, but that's the one she chose.

Telling of what? Exactly?
Tom

Nah. Recording makes sense so that there is a visual record of events. She'd already made one unfounded allegation against his son. He didn't capture everything, but seeing as things did get at least a little physical, he has a record that she came after them and not the other way around.
If the father had a phone and his son had a phone, simply calling his son would have worked too instead of prolonging the drama. Yes, the teen has no need to have given her the phone based on her lack of any right to look at it... but there were other options.

Nah. Recording makes sense so that there is a visual record of events. She'd already made one unfounded allegation against his son. He didn't capture everything, but seeing as things did get at least a little physical, he has a record that she came after them and not the other way around.
If the father had a phone and his son had a phone, simply calling his son would have worked too instead of prolonging the drama. Yes, the teen has no need to have given her the phone based on her lack of any right to look at it... but there were other options.

With the clarity of hindsight, this is obvious.

But at the time, a dude and his kid were being attacked. I think that they behaved very well, given the circumstances.
Do you disagree?
Tom

Reactions: WAB

The drama was instigated and prolonged by the woman's inappropriate actions. Calling his son's phone would have been a good move had he thought of it, but it still comes back to this having to prove your innocence against a wild and bullshit allegation. Personally, I'd have preferred to have it all recorded instead because I'd want it clear how my son was being treated in this situation so that first and foremost, he is covered as best as I can manage.

Woman: He stole my phone!
Hotel Worker: What is your phone number?
Woman: *gives him number*
Hotel Worker: *Pulls out his phone, calls number*
*teen's phone doesn't ring*

END OF FUCKING STORY! Least evasive way to address the situation.

I'm curious how she thought he stole it in the first place. Black teen with a nice phone sort of issue?

Nope. Nice phone had little to do with it if any. It was the black part mostly. We are well known for being sketchy thanks to news from the ghetto. American history has little to do with it either because she clearly is no scholar. We as black folks also portray ourselves VIA main stream Rap in wonderful ways that assisted her. Hollywood helped out with that too (though they're acting like the godfather of change these days). It's also the kids fault for not knowing what he signed up for when God asked him what nationality he would like to be on earth prior to his birth.

I've been watching the footage again, and........I think she might counterclaim that the old dad's camera phone was aimed at her (rather nice, it must be admitted) young legs, bum and crotch a little bit too much of the time. :eek:

I've been watching the footage again, and........I think she might counterclaim that the old dad's camera phone was aimed at her (rather nice, it must be admitted) young legs, bum and crotch a little bit too much of the time. :eek:

You may be confusing where your eyes were focused with where the phone camera was focused.

I don't appreciate your sarcastic hash tags, but I do agree with you Derec.

I saw that video on another site and I couldn't understand why so many people were insisting that the woman was over-reacting and/or racist. She MAY be racist, but it is just as likely that she is merely wrong or confused.

It IS quite easy to show someone that your phone is yours. It's a heck of a lot easier than getting into an argument. She told the kid to take off the phone case; I suspect that was to verify some identifying characteristic on the phone. Depending on the phone case, that can be usually be accomplished in less than 1 second. But this confrontation allegedly took more than 5 minutes. Why would you subject yourself to that instead of quickly and easily proving your innocence?

I am not sure if you are right. First, does a reasonable person assume someone guilty? It seems like one would think about crime demographics and stereotypes together with the missing phone and an apparent one like it observed to conclude the two are the same phone. I can't say with certainty that she included stereotypes in her method of jumping conclusions and am open-minded to being wrong if she gave an explanation in the viral video--I haven't seen it. Second, asking to remove the case seems an aspect of the unreasonable conclusion. Does she think he is a scammer who runs around with different iphone cases to trick people after he steals their phones? Maybe she is mentally ill but it seems racist stereotypes are more common than paranoia. Does she explain the phone case thing in the video?

Regarding his lack of proving innocence, I am guessing he is trying to teach her not to jump to conclusions. If someone insisted their generically cased phone was not my phone and wasn't trying to run from a crime, I'd begin retracing my steps mentally to consider other possibilities. If I had just travelled around in an uber but I called the uber with my phone, I'd conclude a reasonable alternative explanation was I left my phone in my uber.

A young black person is another human and someone else doesn't have an entitlement to assault them, if suspecting them of theft of some minor item. Where does that entitlement come from?

If it was you looking for your phone, what would you say? I'd say something like, "Look man, I'm not trying to be a dick. It seems like my phone has just disappeared. I now need to retrace my steps. You are the first person I see in proximity to where I think it disappeared and your phone looks like mine. I would like to eliminate this possibility before I move on to retrace my steps and you leave. Could you please remove the case or let me see it. Please." Then, if he said no, I'd ask my son to take a photo of him and I'd move on to retrace my steps. If I did not find my phone otherwise, I'd head to hotel security to ask them to review their camera footage. His photo would be an investigative option if my phone was not found.

Maybe. It's easy to think you can do a better job than someone else who gets caught on video. It's easy to get caught up in emotional thinking...too. But I stand by my questions as discussion points. Why not be nicer, why not begin to doubt herself, where does the entitlement come from?

You may be confusing where your eyes were focused with where the phone camera was focused.

Maybe.

But I thought of that, and then I re-watched the footage (I'm thorough like that when there's potential camel toe sightings involved). I think maybe Dad was doing it a bit too, or at least that it could be alleged by a sleazy defence lawyer. :)

Watch out for the headline, 'Feminists rally to cause of young woman subjected to Male Gaze of leery middle-aged man in public'. And then he went and put it online? Without her permission?

Check out the footage:

I don't appreciate your sarcastic hash tags, but I do agree with you Derec.

I saw that video on another site and I couldn't understand why so many people were insisting that the woman was over-reacting and/or racist. She MAY be racist, but it is just as likely that she is merely wrong or confused.

It IS quite easy to show someone that your phone is yours. It's a heck of a lot easier than getting into an argument. She told the kid to take off the phone case; I suspect that was to verify some identifying characteristic on the phone. Depending on the phone case, that can be usually be accomplished in less than 1 second. But this confrontation allegedly took more than 5 minutes. Why would you subject yourself to that instead of quickly and easily proving your innocence?

I am not sure if you are right. First, does a reasonable person assume someone guilty? It seems like one would think about crime demographics and stereotypes together with the missing phone and an apparent one like it observed to conclude the two are the same phone. I can't say with certainty that she included stereotypes in her method of jumping conclusions and am open-minded to being wrong if she gave an explanation in the viral video--I haven't seen it. Second, asking to remove the case seems an aspect of the unreasonable conclusion. Does she think he is a scammer who runs around with different iphone cases to trick people after he steals their phones? Maybe she is mentally ill but it seems racist stereotypes are more common than paranoia. Does she explain the phone case thing in the video?

Regarding his lack of proving innocence, I am guessing he is trying to teach her not to jump to conclusions. If someone insisted their generically cased phone was not my phone and wasn't trying to run from a crime, I'd begin retracing my steps mentally to consider other possibilities. If I had just travelled around in an uber but I called the uber with my phone, I'd conclude a reasonable alternative explanation was I left my phone in my uber.

A young black person is another human and someone else doesn't have an entitlement to assault them, if suspecting them of theft of some minor item. Where does that entitlement come from?

If it was you looking for your phone, what would you say? I'd say something like, "Look man, I'm not trying to be a dick. It seems like my phone has just disappeared. I now need to retrace my steps. You are the first person I see in proximity to where I think it disappeared and your phone looks like mine. I would like to eliminate this possibility before I move on to retrace my steps and you leave. Could you please remove the case or let me see it. Please." Then, if he said no, I'd ask my son to take a photo of him and I'd move on to retrace my steps. If I did not find my phone otherwise, I'd head to hotel security to ask them to review their camera footage. His photo would be an investigative option if my phone was not found.

Maybe. It's easy to think you can do a better job than someone else who gets caught on video. It's easy to get caught up in emotional thinking...too. But I stand by my questions as discussion points. Why not be nicer, why not begin to doubt herself, where does the entitlement come from?

When you've dealt with false accusations enough at some point you're just not willing to entertain them anymore. Please note that It's the father that wasn't having it not the son.

Maybe.

But I thought of that, and then I re-watched the footage (I'm thorough like that when there's potential camel toe sightings involved). I think maybe Dad was doing it a bit too, or at least that it could be alleged by a sleazy defence lawyer. :)

Watch out for the headline, 'Feminists rally to cause of young woman subjected to Male Gaze of leery middle-aged man in public'. And then he went and put it online? Without her permission?

Check out the footage:

Put your mouse pointer in the center of the video and watch again. It's your eyes. It also doesn't help the cause that the camera has that downward angle the whole time (even when she is not in view). I look forward to the Feminists rally against your posts,

It also doesn't help the cause that the camera has that downward angle the whole time (even when she is not in view).

Nope. It doesn't.

But thank you for giving me another excuse to review the footage again.

Ok, I'm done. I wasn't being entirely serious. :eek:

Maybe.

Yeah but look what she was wearing. She was asking for it.

Maybe.

Yeah but look what she was wearing. She was asking for it.

Phew. I'm glad I dropped out and that now you're the one who's gonna get in trouble by going into dangerous territory. :)

Maybe.

Check out the footage:

I watched the footage he posted: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJR6LviHFkd/?utm_source=ig_embed

The joke just doesn't fit what he posted.

I don't really get why you're trying to take a pot shot at feminists at the moment. Isn't that conversation already burdened with enough noise? And it doesn't really have anything to do with this thread. I get shit goes off topic frequently, but don't you feel you're pushing a derail with a contrivance?

Maybe.

Check out the footage:

I watched the footage he posted: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJR6LviHFkd/?utm_source=ig_embed

The joke just doesn't fit what he posted.

I don't really get why you're trying to take a pot shot at feminists at the moment. Isn't that conversation already burdened with enough noise? And it doesn't really have anything to do with this thread. I get shit goes off topic frequently, but don't you feel you're pushing a derail with a contrivance?

As I said, I'm done.

That said, the way lawyers operate, I would not be completely and utterly surprised if her defence lawyer dreamt this allegation up, just to stir the pot. I admit I am not up to speed on privacy laws. My only relevant experience is of having had a few midlife crises myself, so I would have sympathhies.

It also doesn't help the cause that the camera has that downward angle the whole time (even when she is not in view).

Nope. It doesn't.

But thank you for giving me another excuse to review the footage again.

Ok, I'm done. I wasn't being entirely serious. :eek:

Dude, I do pray that someone on Tinder swipes right for you soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom