• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Should this "Karen" be locked up for falsely accusing an innocent Black?

Look at the video again, zorq.

She directed the hotel manager "Take the case off. That's mine." She didn't ask the kid politely to show the phone. "Get it back. Please. Get it back." That is seizing property.

She is pacing back and forth at the child and the hotel manager tells her to stand back. Those are signs of aggression and the kid is probably very very nervous.

And later, "No, he's not leaving. Show me the proof." Also entitled and aggressive.

She was being frantic and irrational, demanding different things, making risky moves. Looking only at words "show me the proof" is assuming that will make her stop and it is unknown what level of proof she will accept. She's already stated it was her phone. She's gone back and forth between I need proof and that's mine. It is illogical to infer merely showing the phone will make her stop or that she only wants proof.

She may have even been on drugs and alcohol again which would explain the irrational behavior and physical assault. It is the duty of the father to protect his son.

Watch the video again. She is building up to attacking him. That's why the pacing back and forth and aggressive words. More and more dangerous. She is a ticking time bomb.

UPDATE

(CNN)Authorities in California have arrested the woman allegedly involved in an incident in which a jazz musician said his 14-year-old son was attacked by a woman who falsely accused him of taking her iPhone.

Miya Ponsetto, 22, was arrested Thursday during a traffic stop near her home in Piru, located in Ventura County, the Ventura County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

Authorities say she was arrested for a "fugitive warrant in connection with a recent assault at a New York City hotel."

She was booked at the Pre-Trial Detention Facility in Ventura and is being held without bail, the sheriff's office said.

Ponsetto was contacted by sheriff's deputies during a traffic stop near her home.

"She did not stop for deputies until she reached her residence, and she refused to get out of the car. Deputies forcibly removed her from the vehicle and arrested her for the outstanding warrant," according to the news release.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/black-musician-alleged-assault-woman-arrest-trnd/index.html

Emphasis added.

UPDATE

(CNN)Authorities in California have arrested the woman allegedly involved in an incident in which a jazz musician said his 14-year-old son was attacked by a woman who falsely accused him of taking her iPhone.

Miya Ponsetto, 22, was arrested Thursday during a traffic stop near her home in Piru, located in Ventura County, the Ventura County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

Authorities say she was arrested for a "fugitive warrant in connection with a recent assault at a New York City hotel."

She was booked at the Pre-Trial Detention Facility in Ventura and is being held without bail, the sheriff's office said.

Ponsetto was contacted by sheriff's deputies during a traffic stop near her home.

"She did not stop for deputies until she reached her residence, and she refused to get out of the car. Deputies forcibly removed her from the vehicle and arrested her for the outstanding warrant," according to the news release.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/black-musician-alleged-assault-woman-arrest-trnd/index.html

Emphasis added.

When I get out of work today, I'm purchasing popcorn in advance of them releasing the body cam footage of her arrest.

She will almost certainly have a rough time in county, unless they take measures to keep her isolated. I know they can do that in prison, but I am not sure if they can do it in jail.

That's part of the deterrent from commiting crimes. The inconvenience of being in jail as well as no control over who you share jail with. Not saying she (or all of us) shouldn't expect safety in jail it's just a reality that it's not a safe place.

She will almost certainly have a rough time in county, Unless they take measures to keep her isolated. I know they can do that in prison, but I am not sure they can do it in jai.

I doubt she'll spend a long time in county, she's probably going to be bailed out ASAP.

She will almost certainly have a rough time in county, Unless they take measures to keep her isolated. I know they can do that in prison, but I am not sure they can do it in jai.

I doubt she'll spend a long time in county, she's probably going to be bailed out ASAP.

Her mom appears to be an enabler with money. Probably you're right.
Tom

The article says she is being held without bail.

If you've got enough money, you can buy a lot of Justice.
Tom

Oh damn. I guess that makes sense, she is a fugitive.

She's the victim . Her assault on a child is not what defines her and the father & son should accept her apology & move on. Oh and if you didn't know, she's a victim of assault cause the father dragged her by the hair.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlxZD_ciB9k&ab_channel=godawgs06[/YOUTUBE]

She's the victim . Her assault on a child is not what defines her and the father & son should accept her apology & move on. Oh and if you didn't know, she's a victim of assault cause the father dragged her by the hair.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlxZD_ciB9k&ab_channel=godawgs06[/YOUTUBE]

Ha ha ha!

She's a victim.
I can't wait to the fun parodies of this interview on the internet. Put Trump's face on her for her last statement!
Tom

Jesus fuck, that's painful to watch. I do hope at some point something ignites that spark for her to actually want to get proper help for whatever is going on with her. If not for her then for all the people she's going to fuck over on her way through life.

Seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars to me.

I get the impression that shutting off her credit cards and restricting her device to one Wi-Fi hotspot would easily keep her contained to a 50' radius.
Tom

Seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars to me.

I get the impression that shutting off her credit cards and restricting her device to one Wi-Fi hotspot would easily keep her contained to a 50' radius.
Tom

She's already on probation. But apparently, she's still privileged enough to be able to travel 3000 miles from her home, use her cell phone, stay overnight at a hotel...which is weird because she said she was visiting family...during a pandemic?

I mean, we've been pretty much on lockdown and we are not on probation. She's on probation. Even worse: she violated her probation already and the probation officer ought to have said to stay home until her probation violation hearing after that.

But instead, she claims she stayed at a hotel to see family. She couldn't stay with them? She shouldn't stay with them because of the pandemic but then why go to NYC?

It makes no sense.

Also, in regard to the hotel having the phone...if an uber driver had the phone, then he/she would likely have given it to the hotel because they lack a good way to contact her since she lost her phone.

It's California, she will be in and out in no time. Unless if there is political hay to be made.

Okay, maybe, but even a few days could see her getting attacked. Ah well, you gets what you pay for.

For levity, Jim Carrey's character (defense lawyer) in Liar Liar, when his assistant hands him the phone and says it's a former client asking for legal advice:

Shouting into the old-style phone's speaker: "STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE!"

Back
Top Bottom