• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Simple Stuff

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
I eat a vegetable salad regulatory and do not like commercial dressing.

It may seem obvious to those who are into cooking. I came up with my univsrsal dressing.

Tomato paste thinned with some water, add wine vinegar, season with garlic salt and black pepper.

I make it just thick enough that a small amount will coat a larger salad.

I use it on every thing. Burgers, eggs, rice, fish.Ketchup and commercial dressing usual have corn sweetener and are way too sweet for me. Commercial dressings are expensive for what you get. A $0.90 small can of tomato paste goes a long way.

In the midst of war and political chaos,a small satisfying success. .

I eat a vegetable salad regulatory and do not like commercial dressing.

It may seem obvious to those who are into cooking. I came up with my univsrsal dressing.

Tomato paste thinned with some water, add wine vinegar, season with garlic salt and black pepper.

I make it just thick enough that a small amount will coat a larger salad.

I use it on every thing. Burgers, eggs, rice, fish.Ketchup and commercial dressing usual have corn sweetener and are way too sweet for me. Commercial dressings are expensive for what you get. A $0.90 small can of tomato paste goes a long way.

In the midst of war and political chaos,a small satisfying success. .

Another easy dressing is equal parts good quality extra virgin olive oil and very good balsamic vinegar (reduced type if possible) and ass own herbs (dried is fine)

Alternatively, said oil and any vinegar with herbs and spices. You can experiment and make something YOU like.

Even simpler than homemade dressing: no dressing at all. After years of eating 1-2 lbs of raw produce a day plain vegetables are about the most enjoyable thing I eat. I'm convinced that the idea that vegetables aren't enjoyable in of themselves is a learned idea, or maybe it's come about with people's addiction to adding fat/salt/sugar to everything.

I also eat plain brown bread with no butter or spread every day. Honestly, I'd prefer some butter in this case, but it's an easy thing to reduce in the diet.

Also simple: brown rice and beans. At minimum I sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on them, sometimes I'll add a bit of sriracha and sauce.

The above may seem extreme, but do it for long enough and it ends up feeling normal. And now I have a pretty strong aversion to sweets and energy dense foods, most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom