• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So, anyone wanna check anything off?

To the best of my knowledge, Trump did cancel every unconstitutional order Obama made. Much in the same way I have eliminated the risk of Griffin attacks around Western Sydney.

The fact that no Griffin attacks have been reported around Western Sydney does not speak to the elimination of the risk. Don't be like Donald, blowing your claims all out of all proportion to your deeds!
:p

To the best of my knowledge, Trump did cancel every unconstitutional order Obama made. Much in the same way I have eliminated the risk of Griffin attacks around Western Sydney.

The fact that no Griffin attacks have been reported around Western Sydney does not speak to the elimination of the risk. Don't be like Donald, blowing your claims all out of all proportion to your deeds!
:p

Fuck off, you're fake news! Nobody knows Griffins better than me. I was walking around Seven Hills the other day and a guy, a big guy, walked up to me and he was crying and he said, "Sir, thank you so much for fixing the Griffin problem".

Believe me.

I recall Trump fellators everywhere lauding all of those points. I wonder how many of them even remember any of them.

"and begins with restoring honesty and accountability"

10064-exploding-head-icon.png

That contract has been altered. The original text had a personal pledge from Trump to release constant, massive, thunderclap farts that would eliminate the need for COPD wings in VA hospitals. As Roger Stone said, 'You simply won't see those patients anymore.'

Most of these are DOA for new Presidencies. I think the trouble for Trump is that his main accomplishment for the MAGA cult is that he has pissed off liberals, which makes them very happy.

Otherwise, he and the GOP did almost nothing but pass the gargantuan business tax cut. Oh, and he has made it harder for people to get into the US.

Looks like a great start to fight corruption.
maybe Trumpmnot running a fraudulent charity would have been 'a great start' tofighting corruption?
Maybe not lending his name to a university that was nothing but a scam?
Maybe not selling snake oil from the White House Lawn?
Whst is the point of stopping other people from possible corruption when FFvC, himself, is up to his wsttles in actual corruption?

maybe Trumpmnot running a fraudulent charity would have been 'a great start' tofighting corruption?
Whst is the point of stopping other people from possible corruption when FFvC, himself, is up to his wsttles in actual corruption?

So it would've been better if Trump didn't enact this legislation?

Did i say that? Where did i say that? Or do you just not want to answer the question?

Did i say that? Where did i say that? Or do you just not want to answer the question?

Fine, Keith. He banned officials from lobbying but it's not good enough even though no other President in history has done that. It actually proves Trump is more corrupt.

TDS.

Fine, Keith. He banned officials from lobbying but it's not good enough even though no other President in history has done that. It actually proves Trump is more corrupt.

TDS.
So, that's a 'no' on answering the question.
And, yes, he has been impeached and successfully prosecuted for corruption he committed since his election.
That's not TDS, that's simply paying attention.

"President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-sets-5-year-lifetime-lobbying-ban-officials-n713631

Looks like a great start to fight corruption. How can anyone say this is bad?

Because it's pretty obvious Trump didn't really mean it as it included no measures on how to enforce this ban. Kinda like how if you stroll around New York, every intersection has a sign saying excessive car horn usage is banned. Who is going to enforce the ban? What are the consequences if it is ignored? It's policy on the fly, and Trump enacted a piss poor half measure.

It also turned out to be completely worthless.

Former Trump Officials Are Supposed to Avoid Lobbying. Except 33 Haven’t.

But loopholes, some of them sizable, abound. At least 33 former Trump officials have found ways around the pledge. The most prominent is former Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who resigned in December after a series of ethics investigations. He announced Wednesday that he is joining a lobbying firm, Turnberry Solutions, which was started in 2017 by several former Trump campaign aides.

So basically, Trump gave the illusion of caring about government officials lobbying, made a shitty attempt to curtail it, then has ignored it throughout his entire Presidency.

And you say this is a good start to fight corruption. Let me be the first to tell you this is a fucking terrible way of fighting corruption as it actually creates more of it.

"President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-sets-5-year-lifetime-lobbying-ban-officials-n713631

And then hired a crap ton of lobbyists for cabinet positions.

You murder 1000 babies and then save one, you're a hero???

What a hero. Half of his goddam cabinet are ex-lobbyists and most of his other appointees are career criminals like himself.
Four years in and you're touting a great start?
Talk about failures... your post is a big one, but not as big a failure as the Trump Mob playing president.

First of all, this wasn't legislation, it was an Executive Order.

Second of all, the article linked was published on January 28, 2017, a few days after President Trump was inaugurated. So we have over three years to see how effective this Executive Order has been.

Third of all, the EO not only forbid Trump Administration officials from lobbying five years after leaving the White House, as your article quote stated. It also forbids previous lobbyists from working for Trump within two years. So that's a seven-year range in which Trump Administration officials are to refrain from engaging in lobbying.

And how has it been going? Well, here's a list of 200 individuals who are either A) former lobbyists now working for Trump, or B) Trump staffers who are now lobbyists.

I suppose folks have been thinking that if President Trump isn't going to follow his own EO, why should they? Signing unenforceable Executive Orders that restrict individuals' freedoms from engaging in commerce is probably not the best use of time for a man who promised that he was going to be "too busy to golf."

Back
Top Bottom