• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So much for freedom of thought at universities

I'm actually for legal prostitution, I just think guys that can't get laid without paying for it are pathetic.
Why? Not everybody has an easy time getting laid without overtly* paying for it due to a variety of reasons, often outside their control. Calling them all "pathetic" is actually quite mean.

* buying a woman a drink at a bar or paying for a date can certainly be understood as a less overt way guys pay for sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Any evidence that he was hogging anything?

The phrase in your story, "wouldn't stop talking" certainly implies hogging.

That is editorializing. In the actual email in which Savory banned True he didn't mentioned anything of the kind, but focused on the non-PC content of his speech.

here we go . . . prepare to be red pilled

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Not everybody has an easy time getting laid without overtly* paying for it due to a variety of reasons, often outside their control. Calling them all "pathetic" is actually quite mean.

* buying a woman a drink at a bar or paying for a date can certainly be understood as a less overt way guys pay for sex.

1422722981963.jpg

I still do not know what the hell that even means. Something with Matrix?

In any case, I find it amazing that you find no issue with Frikki calling people who have difficulties getting laid "pathetic" but pillory me when I call him out for it. And why do moderators allow posters comparing other posters with murderers anyway?

I still do not know what the hell that even means. Something with Matrix?

Inside Red Pill, The Weird New Cult For Men Who Don't Understand Women

What is Red Pill all about?

The Red Pill is a collection of ideas encompassed by what its subscribers refer to as the "manosphere," a number of loosely-associated blogs that focus on masculinity and personal philosophy for men. At the surface level there's nothing terribly contentious about this, but if you click around one or two layers deeper, you'll find plenty of examples why chatter from this gallery regularly turns heads. Like this:

"You are hating women because you have the wrong expectations for them. Don't hate someone for something they CANNOT be. Women are, by nature, manipulative, attention-seeking, inconsistent, emotional, and hypergamous. Accept this truth. Once you do, you can game women for what they are ... not what you want them to be."

There you go.

There you go.

What does that have to do with calling people who have difficulties getting laid "pathetic" or implying people you disagree with are murderers?

And how does that refute the idea that men being expected to buy women drinks or pay for dates is a form of less overt paying for sex?

I'm actually for legal prostitution, I just think guys that can't get laid without paying for it are pathetic.

I'm fat, old, bald and broke but have no problem finding partners, so I agree.

Derek said:
buying a woman a drink at a bar or paying for a date can certainly be understood as a less overt way guys pay for sex.
So whenever I do a favor for someone it is because I am paying for sex?

People who continuously derail conversations to harp on about their own personal hobby-horses are annoying and should be slapped down.
One of my wife's students wants to be a Catholic priest when he grows up. He turns every class assignment around into the RCC's superiority, and interprets every classroom discussion around whether or not it reflects what he wants to talk about.
His contribution to discussion of Inherit the Wind was how the Catholics pretty much lead Europe through the enlightenment and if the South was Catholic there'd be no Creationist movement.

My wife doesn't care what his opinions are. But she has had to slap him down because they do not contribute to the lesson, if they even tangentially make contact with the day's topic, and because him bragging on Catholicism is not the assignment.

He accused her of letting her atheism influence how she runs her class and how she treats him. Since she's Catholic, this came as a surprise to her. it doesn't matter what he believes, as long as he can shut up long enough for the actual class to accomplish actual goals.

I see no reason to think that this college troll was banned from discussion for the express nature of his beliefs (or expressed opinions, i'm not sure that what he spouts for the purpose of effect is necessarily what he actually believes), but for the way he keeps on sharing things just to make sure no one forgets what his position is.

* buying a woman a drink at a bar or paying for a date can certainly be understood as a less overt way guys pay for .

I would like to gently suggest that believing that buying a woman a drink or paying on a date means that the guy has also bought himself some sex shows an attitude that is likely to impede one's ability to get sex. Or a date.

I would like to gently suggest that believing that buying a woman a drink or paying on a date means that the guy has also bought himself some sex shows an attitude that is likely to impede one's ability to get sex. Or a date.
If a woman would not sleep with him unless he paid for those things than indeed, he is paying for sex.

Are you saying that men should be expected to pay but not expect anything in return?

You know who else need to pay for sex? Those assholes at the NCAA.

Stupid posters ignoring my derail and then going on and derailing the thread on a different topic. :(

There you go.

What does that have to do with calling people who have difficulties getting laid "pathetic" or implying people you disagree with are murderers?

And how does that refute the idea that men being expected to buy women drinks or pay for dates is a form of less overt paying for sex?
How did University censorship get to here?

So you are saying that men should be expected to pay but not expect anything in return?

They should only expect the company of the person whom they asked out on the date, at the time and place agreed upon. Is that so hard to understand?

They should only expect the company of the person whom they asked out on the date, at the time and place agreed upon. Is that so hard to understand?
She should be there because she is interested in the guy, not because he is paying for her lobster.

What do you think of women like these: Toronto Woman Serial Dates to Get Free Restaurant Meals and Blogs About It
She seems to have the same attitude like you
Erin Wotherspoon said:
"guys should feel honoured by this open invitation to date me."
I.e. she believes her very presence is enough to justify the "price of admission". :banghead:

How did University censorship get to here?

see what happens when you step away for a minute?

all hell breaks loose.

She should be there because she is interested in the guy, not because he is paying for her lobster.
She should be there because she wants to be there. When you stop looking at it s a game and just enjoy it, things get easier.

What do you think of women like these: Toronto Woman Serial Dates to Get Free Restaurant Meals and Blogs About It
She seems to have the same attitude like you
Erin Wotherspoon said:
"guys should feel honoured by this open invitation to date me."

I.e. she believes her very presence is enough to justify the "price of admission". :banghead:

You can always say no to the date, or ask that she go dutch. It's not like you can't just enjoy your time with her and the feeling of being a gentleman.

Back
Top Bottom