• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Soaking Your Nuts Does Not Increase Mineral Output

Trausti

Deleted
Does ‘activating’ nuts affect nutrient bioavailability?

EghWO9QVkAIATIW

Eghbp80U0AA7UYm

So the nut soakers have received their comeuppance.

Hunh. I thought soaking them was just for softening them up to make snack bars out of them.

I always thought activating nuts was different in intention from soaking beans.

I thought it was to give them a chance to sprout, not just soften, or macerate to remove unwanted compounds.

The salt conditions they used would inhibit sprouting, and in the underwater for 12 hours condition, it doubt they would sprout well then either.

I'm pretty sure sprouted grains give you a different set of nutrients from unsprouted, but with nuts I've thought it more of a stretch.

But I don't think that study really clears it up.

Acorns are edible if the tannins are leached away by soaking. Maybe this is what the article is basically about.

Burke and Wills wouldn't have died of starvation if they had known to soak the bush tucker they found in plenty along the way.

The study above seems to misinterpret the reasons and methods for soaking.

But aren't the people who do this just alternative medicine nutcases (lol pun) and they're going to dismiss this as fake science? They're all dumb as bricks.

I always thought activating nuts was different in intention from soaking beans.

I thought it was to give them a chance to sprout, not just soften, or macerate to remove unwanted compounds.

The salt conditions they used would inhibit sprouting, and in the underwater for 12 hours condition, it doubt they would sprout well then either.

I'm pretty sure sprouted grains give you a different set of nutrients from unsprouted, but with nuts I've thought it more of a stretch.

But I don't think that study really clears it up.

malted nuts? ok.

Back
Top Bottom