• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Some real mind blowing stuff that puts George Bush to shame

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
https://youtu.be/ADDrSvNyqEY

IMO there really needs to be an upper age limit as well as the lower age limit for POTUS.

And to all of you Trump haters who think there is no other choice but to help elect someone who is brain dead....
https://youtu.be/99DumiDDOVM

"If they get mail in voting...and everybody writes my name as their choice....then Ill just have to do the job"
:D

He has a speech problem that is so well documented that one has to wonder how long another has been living under a rock to criticize and mock him for gaffes.

Trump suggested getting doctors to look into injecting disinfectant! That wasn’t a gaffe, it was incompetence.

The most mind blowing thing is that you actually fell for that. A bunch of gaffes edited together like that means nothing. in fact, that 18 minutes in the form it exists right now is more coherent than several unedited Trump speeches I have seen. Jesus Christ, did you see that fucking interview with Chris Wallace. That was a real interview, not just a bunch of random mistakes edited together.

ETA: Jesse Ventura, FFS! Get a grip on reality.

https://youtu.be/ADDrSvNyqEY

IMO there really needs to be an upper age limit as well as the lower age limit for POTUS.

And to all of you Trump haters who think there is no other choice but to help elect someone who is brain dead....
https://youtu.be/99DumiDDOVM

"If they get mail in voting...and everybody writes my name as their choice....then Ill just have to do the job"
:D
If Trump were brain dead, it would be an improvement.

I have to agree that this supercut of Biden "gaffs" is more coherent than some uncut Trump interviews. And Ventura is not and never will be a viable candidate for 2020.
People who think Ventura is viable are showing more signs of dementia than Biden.

I have to agree that this supercut of Biden "gaffs" is more coherent than some uncut Trump interviews. And Ventura is not and never will be a viable candidate for 2020.
People who think Ventura is viable are showing more signs of dementia than Biden.

Say that to the people of Minnesota who elected Ventura as their governor.

Okay, I'll tell that to everyone who voted for Ventura as a write-in candidate.

Done.

The upper age limit is not necessarily a problem.
Israel elected an 83 year old as President in 2007 for a 7 year term. Admittedly it was Shimon Peres. And he served his full term.

You Yanks would be well advised to improve the quality of candidates rather than worry about their age.

Ventura won in a 3 way race and he did not receive even 40% of the vote. He was a one term governor who inherited a $3 billion surplus and turned it into a $4.2 billion dollar deficit.

The people of Minnesota were happy to let the door not hit his ass on his way out.

Here is an article about the continuing incompetence of the Trump administration, not from a random Youtube blogger but by a former federal prosecutor who specialized in white collar crime.

There’s Never Been a Better Time to Be a White-Collar Criminal

Is anyone here tried yet of "Draining the swamp" or "Running the government like a business" or "I know the best people?"

Does anyone want to rebutt the proposition that people who feel that government can't do anything right aren't the best people to elect to run the government?

Biden is far from who I would want to run for president on the democratic ticket. He is a neoliberal, blue dog democratic conservative, corporate and Wall Street toadie but would be a much more competent president than Donald Trump or the white ghost, our current vice president, who would run if Trump resigns - Mike Pence.

Does anyone want to rebutt the proposition that people who feel that government can't do anything right aren't the best people to elect to run the government?
I actually think that the government (if it is a good government) can do some things right and should be in the role of regulating capitalism. But the main problem is that the government is corrupt both parties and there is little that can be done to correct that. All of the checks and balances don't matter if all of the branches are bought by the highest bidder. The government itself has become one corrupt monopoly in Washington that no one (Trump included) can not bring down. So given that set of circumstances the next best move is just to make it smaller. The regulation of capitalism is almost insignificant next to the other things (like providing safety and healthcare to its citizens) and with a corrupt government that can not even be done right.

How would you fix corruption in Washington?

I actually think that the government (if it is a good government) can do some things right and should be in the role of regulating capitalism. But the main problem is that the government is corrupt both parties and there is little that can be done to correct that. All of the checks and balances don't matter if all of the branches are bought by the highest bidder. The government itself has become one corrupt monopoly in Washington that no one (Trump included) can not bring down. So given that set of circumstances the next best move is just to make it smaller. The regulation of capitalism is almost insignificant next to the other things (like providing safety and healthcare to its citizens) and with a corrupt government that can not even be done right.

How would you fix corruption in Washington?
Our gov't has never provided healthcare to our citizens - even when it was not "corrupt".

I strongly suspect that our government is no more or less corrupt than it was when it was "clean" but that with the internet, we are just more aware of all the potential and actual conflicts of interest.

You Yanks would be well advised to improve the quality of candidates rather than worry about their age.

Are you suggesting we should stop electing wealthy yet clueless pedophiles to every high office? Ludicrous!
Some poor yet clueless pedophiles to every high office would make a welcome change.

I find it hard to believe that you Yanks cannot find some perfectly inadequate 40ish candidates. You do need to try harder.

Back
Top Bottom