• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Speculative Predictions on how the Trump presidency ends

WEDNESDAY Nov 4, 2020
WASHINGTON DC

Trump suffers a massive myocardial infarction on election night that destroys more than 40 percent of his heart tissue. Despite being unable to move, he strains mightily, loudly insulting and falsely accusing the democrat who just defeated him. At 1: 23 am he finally takes a breath - his last - that doesn't carry a lie with it as it leaves his body. The Big Macs have finally come home to roost, and the Nation celebrates for the next four months.

THE END

I think Trump will be narrowly reelected by a popular minority with lots of election fraud charges. His second term will be a repeat of the first. I just know too many of his supporters. They don't like Trumpo as much as they like hating liberals.

It's always been my belief that voters vote economics first and everything else second. Only a severe economic disruption will prevent his reelection.

I don't think so. The number of people actually identifying as Republican keeps slipping downward. And many of those that do identify as such support his impeachment.

I think Trump will be narrowly reelected by a popular minority with lots of election fraud charges. His second term will be a repeat of the first. I just know too many of his supporters. They don't like Trumpo as much as they like hating liberals.

It's always been my belief that voters vote economics first and everything else second. Only a severe economic disruption will prevent his reelection.

I don't think so. The number of people actually identifying as Republican keeps slipping downward. And many of those that do identify as such support his impeachment.

And every sinew of my being hopes you are 100% correct.

Up to 2020 election, Trump will claim Biden wants to fuck Ivanka and nickname him Dirty Old Joe. This will confuse independents and many will stay home. But Trump's plan to decrease voting while exciting his base will backfire because Democrats will be incensed by Trump's mental projections. Democrats will show up in such large numbers that Biden will handily win. Handily. Get it?

However, Trump will continue to make noise Biden's entire Presidency until his term is over. 2024: Trump will win because of the crap but his followers will believe way weirder shit than now. For example, Trump's 2024 campaign will include actually going to the moon, not NASA faking it. And building walls on the East and West coasts while making mermaids pay for it.

Trump will get laws changed to remove Presidential term limits. He will die in office 2027 but the Trump family will hide his death and claim he's off making deals with fake countries, like Atlantis and Ireland. They will rule for generations well into the Idiocracy.

There is still a very good chance that the Trump presidency ends with the end of his second term. The Democrats are not exactly showing much promise in defeating him. Warren and Biden are the front runners currently. Two most likely to lose to Trump.

He's almost certainly going to survive impeachment.

What worries me is a coup from inside if he loses in 2020. The GOP is desperate to remain in power.

It will be sad if he wins re-election but it is quite possible and will at least be kinda funny to the rest of the world. Bush Jr already made you a laughing stock. Obama undid much of that damage. Then you elected Trump. Lol and once could be seen as a mistake and you not knowing what him in power meant, but twice ? Hahaha

It will be sad if he wins re-election but it is quite possible and will at least be kinda funny to the rest of the world. Bush Jr already made you a laughing stock. Obama undid much of that damage. Then you elected Trump. Lol and once could be seen as a mistake and you not knowing what him in power meant, but twice ? Hahaha

Yeah.
Our profile would be better if we'd gone from Bush to Trump. Then we could say that the reins were out of our hands...

But going from Bush - Obama - Trump, we're clearly doing this to ourselves, one way or another.

Yeah.
Our profile would be better if we'd gone from Bush to Trump. Then we could say that the reins were out of our hands...

But going from Bush - Obama - Trump, we're clearly doing this to ourselves, one way or another.

Ding ding. Almost as if Obama never really undid what was bad about Bush, and was another link in the chain leading us to Trump.

Yeah.

Ding ding. Almost as if Obama never really undid what was bad about Bush, and was another link in the chain leading us to Trump.
Obama isn't the issue. It is the people that voted for Trump that are. They were very angry at the GOP in 2012 and did everything they could to stop a Romney nomination. They won in 2016, and the remaining Republicans said 'what is the worst that can happen' and also voted for Trump.

Keep laughing, Canuck. When Trump wins (or loses) the next election, and installs himself as Emperor of the Americas, guess which country to the north will be the first he invades.

Keep laughing, Canuck. When Trump wins (or loses) the next election, and installs himself as Emperor of the Americas, guess which country to the north will be the first he invades.

Meh. Its Trump. He can't even manage an invasion of California. We'll just burn the whitehouse down again.

Obama isn't the issue. It is the people that voted for Trump that are. They were very angry at the GOP in 2012 and did everything they could to stop a Romney nomination. They won in 2016, and the remaining Republicans said 'what is the worst that can happen' and also voted for Trump.

Did those voters materialize from thin air, or emerge from the soil like cicadas? No. They were a product of the conditions in society at the time, including the watered-down and ineffective Obama era that left the working class rudderless and uncertain, and in 2016, Trump got fewer votes than Romney did in 2012 and still won.

ETA: I'm leaving it as it was written, but to be more precise I should have said he got a smaller share of the total number of votes than Romney did.

Right. Our country is completely unstable, even leaving out the derangement of #45. We lurch from left to right in a contorted, schizoid manner, and there is no feasible cure for it. It means we are unable to solve our debt mess, and it means we will be hard pressed to build coalitions to solve global problems. We don't speak as one voice on any important issue. Our government is, in large part, illegitimate and unresponsive to the working class and what remains of the middle class. (Presidentially speaking, the Republicans have had, out of the last 5 elections, 3 wins, but 2 of those were not the will of the voters.) The courts are being massively stacked in the favor of the hard right and the ultra-religious. Gonna be a long century.

Obama had the responsibility to 'undo' Bush's baddity?
I wasn't aware of that.

Um, yes? Why would you think that taking power after someone like Bush leaves doesn't give one the obligation to use that power to (a) hold the previous administration accountable for its crimes, and (b) aggressively pursue policies that reverse the damage it caused? What would give someone that responsibility, if not being elected in a landslide on the mandate of change along with a supermajority in his party, Keith?

Obama had the responsibility to 'undo' Bush's baddity?
I wasn't aware of that.

Um, yes? Why would you think that taking power after someone like Bush leaves doesn't give one the obligation to use that power to (a) hold the previous administration accountable for its crimes, and (b) aggressively pursue policies that reverse the damage it caused? What would give someone that responsibility, if not being elected in a landslide on the mandate of change along with a supermajority in his party, Keith?

When Bush left office and Obama entered office, I was hoping he would look into crimes committed by Bush. When he failed to do so I was told - by Obama supporters no less - that holding Bush accountable for his crimes would mean the US is now a banana republic.

When Bush left office and Obama entered office, I was hoping he would look into crimes committed by Bush. When he failed to do so I was told - by Obama supporters no less - that holding Bush accountable for his crimes would mean the US is now a banana republic.

It's heartwarming when an issue brings together the right and the left like this.

It's heartwarming when an issue brings together the right and the left like this.

I am neither right nor left.

Back
Top Bottom