• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Splitting up families is deliberately sadistic, claims a Republican strategist

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Donald Trump's Supporters 'Want Anybody Darker Than a Latte Deported,' Claims Republican Strategist
President Donald Trump’s administration is content with the images of immigrant children being taken from their parents being splashed across television, with his supporters so anti-immigration that they want anyone “who’s darker than a latte deported,” a leading Republican strategist said Wednesday.

Rick Wilson, a GOP strategist, media consultant and a firm critic of President Trump, blasted the commander-in-chief’s base during a CNN interview, claiming the administration is fine with the media’s coverage and visuals of migrant children taken from their parents after illegal border crossings.
President Trump ended up backing off from the family separations, but not from "zero tolerance".
But, according to Wilson, the administration likes how the issue is playing out on television.

“I think the pictures of the cruelty of this administration are a very deliberate part of this,” Wilson said. “They are a feature, not a bug, of the Trump administration’s policy. And so I think we’re in a situation where no one inside the administration is unhappy about these things because they are only talking to their base, they’re only talking to their core supporters.”

Wilson added: “And their core supporters want anybody who’s darker than a latte deported. They’re not happy about immigration of any kind. They don’t believe in the asylum process. They want to take and separate these families as a matter of deterrence and as a sort of theater of cruelty. I think it really doesn’t speak well to their moral standing.”

Upon further questioning, Wilson confirmed that he believed the administration, including senior White House adviser Stephen Miller, wants the images of children separated from their parents in order to rev up Trump’s base.
Here is a nice article: Stephen Miller: Trump’s Right-Hand Troll - The Atlantic -- he has reportedly been delighted at the sight of those children suffering.

I think that he deserves to be sent to a facility for the criminally insane.

Dear conservatives and libertarians, who just happen to use the same arguments to take the same issues on many of these issues, am I allowed to call this racist? Or would that offend you? I don't want to offend you because I know how fragile your feelings are.

"Dear conservatives and libertarians, who just happen to use the same arguments to take the same issues on many of these issues."

If you don't mind, I find that a bit much and instead have shortened it to 'shitheads'.

Most intelligent people with whom I engage in extended conversations seem to understand who it is I am referencing.

Is that a problem here?

Of course it's deliberate. Sessions was quite clear about that when he so gleefully announced it in April. That's not news.

The following could have been written about the US. In fact, when I first read it, until I got down to the "five years" part, I thought it was about the US. Right wing mongrels in both countries must be sharing notes.

people_smugglers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom