• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Spontaneous internet collaborations

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
I love when strange and wonderful collaborations spring up out of nowhere on the internets, like a couple years ago when a little kid asked on some social media platform or another about Santa's reindeer and if they could eat candy canes or something like that. A vet responded cheerfully with some facts about reindeer diet and whatnot, then another, then another, from all over the world, until a huge story was built about a global emergency veterinarian network on standby in every country in case the reindeer needed anything. Vets' offices, clinics, and animal hospitals all over the world were chiming in with their locations and "Checking in, ready on standby." It was so wonderful. Vets started giving info about how the reindeer are performance athletes and how they train and what kind of food they need. That kind of thing where people all over the place all just fall into some fun thing and run with it, just gives me a lump in my throat. :love:

Now on TikTok, a collaborative project sprang up spontaneously when someone made up a little song about Ratatouille the character from the animated film, and from there a whole musical version of the film was born, just like that. The idea snowballed from there with people of all kinds of stage related backgrounds, directors, writers, stage designers, costume designers, actors, etc., getting involved.

00xp-ratatouille-jumbo.jpg

With Broadway and theaters across the country idle because of the coronavirus, some actors, producers and prop designers have found an unlikely outlet for their talents: a musical version of the animated film “Ratatouille” that is playing out in exuberant 60-second increments on TikTok.

Starting last month, thousands of TikTok users, including many with Broadway credits, have paid homage to the 2007 Disney Pixar film, about a rat who dreams of becoming a French chef, by creating their own songs, dances, makeup looks, set designs, puppets and Playbill programs.

The result is a virtual show unlike any on Broadway. There is no director, no choreographer, no stage crew. It has come together organically on TikTok, where users have only a minute to catch people’s attention.

The project began in August, when Emily Jacobsen, 26, a schoolteacher, Disney fanatic and theater lover from Westchester County, N.Y., read about a “Ratatouille” ride that is scheduled to open next year at Walt Disney World in Florida.

Even Playbill got involved and whipped up a Playbill for Ratatouille. :D

il_794xN.2757375399_kx7z.jpg

https://www.playbill.com/article/presenting-the-official-fake-ratatouille-playbill

Attachments

• ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpb-asset-replication.s3.amazonaws.com%2F5a%2F50%2Fecd70ebd426cb56e58a12e7dae47.jpg
    ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpb-asset-replication.s3.amazonaws.com%2F5a%2F50%2Fecd70ebd426cb56e58a12e7dae47.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1
Here's a fun youtube video of a bunch of TikTok videos from contributors. There is some real work and talent going on here!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0VAbATmdKw[/YOUTUBE]

I found the vet/reindeer story. :love:

Kids Ask A Question About Santa’s Reindeer, Vets From All Around The World Respond

“I posted a question that the kids had about reindeer nutrition on Horse Vet Corner, just hoping it didn’t get deleted because it kind of stretched the rules for that group. I was absolutely blown away by the response I got,” Maggie Knox shared on her Facebook.

“Dozens of large animal vets on five continents responded, telling us about a global organization called “E.L.V.E.S.- Emergency Landing Veterinary Expert System” that checks the reindeer’s metabolic and provides water, feed, and electrolytes along Santa’s route. It is much like our P&R’s at NATRC. My inbox is full of messages, and it’s been really sweet to read all the responses. People are offering their barns and pastures as emergency LZ’s, and the whole thing is making me fall in love with the equine community for the umpteenth time. What a trip!” the young mom said.

horse-vet-corner-question-santa-reindeer-elves-5e05f864a0ec8__700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom