• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

State Shinto Trumps every Religion.

Folllowers of Shinto may claim it to be compatible with other religions, but followers of other religions are likely to disagree. Ask a Christian, a Jew or Muslim if they believe Shinto to be compatible with their religion.

A Shinto is free to embrace what Muslims and Christians and Jews embrace. It's just Doctrine and Scripture is discouraged but not forbidden.

Compatibility involves more than just embracing a range of theologies. Christianity is not compatible with orthodox Judaism or Islam, which are not compatible with Hinduism, etc, etc....

Folllowers of Shinto may claim it to be compatible with other religions, but followers of other religions are likely to disagree. Ask a Christian, a Jew or Muslim if they believe Shinto to be compatible with their religion.

Why would conservative Christians or Muslims have automatic priority in declaring this?

Why would conservative Christians or Muslims have automatic priority in declaring this?

It's not a matter of declaring it. The differences between theologies exist regardless of official declaration or acknowledgment. One only needs to look.

A Shinto is free to embrace what Muslims and Christians and Jews embrace. It's just Doctrine and Scripture is discouraged but not forbidden.

Compatibility involves more than just embracing a range of theologies. Christianity is not compatible with orthodox Judaism or Islam, which are not compatible with Hinduism, etc, etc....

Shintoism is almost Dogma less though.

Being a Jew or Muslim and going to a Catholic Mass would be an abomination to eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ. There is too much Doctrinal differences.

As a Shinto, I can go to a Catholic Mass and receive Holy Eucharist, because Shinto is practically Dogma less. Meaning you are at liberty to believe what you want about the Kami.

As a Shinto there is no rule saying I can't accept Jesus as savior and believe in the resurrection.

Great post!

Great post!

Intrinsic properties determine differences in theology.

In Shinto you have the liberty to be a good Christian, A good Muslim, or a Jew. I don't know how this has become impossible to convey to you. *shrug*

Its possible if you ignore the countless contradictions between religions, which is intellectual dishonesty....why is that so hard to grasp? Can you believe that Jesus is the savior and Jesus is not the savior at the same time?

It's not a matter of declaring it. The differences between theologies exist regardless of official declaration or acknowledgment. One only needs to look.

If Shinto practitioners aren't concerned with those differences, why should it matter what Christians or Muslims think? Why did you recommend that we "ask them"? What has their opinion got to do with anything? Who is "one", if not the parties most directly concerned, whose perspectives you are illogically trying to disregard? The only experts that exist on the syncretism of Shinto and Christianity are those who have engaged in it. Not random morons two continents away.

Jesus himself is buried in a Shinto shrine in Aomori, you know. It is more than possible for religious groups to get along and find common ground, at least when fundamentalists are obliged to back off and let the grown-ups work things out.

Great post!

There is no such thing as an "intrinsic" property of a religious practice; we choose what to do and believe, and how to categorize it. If merely the presence of some fundamental difference of opinion is what defines the boundaries between religions, then every man and woman is probably their own religion, and the word "religoin" has little meaning. We're subjective creatures. Ask any pastor or imam, even a very conservative one, whether all of their congregants "agree with them on everything". They'll laugh, then tell you their job would be much easier if that were so. Building religious community is about building bridges across the distance between people, not pretending those differences don't exist.

No one knows who created Shinto because it has been revealed to me that God created Shinto. (Hey, ya never know).

How was it revealed to you?
No one knows who created Shinto because it has been revealed to me that God created Shinto. (Hey, ya never know).

Strong conviction of heart that the Kami and Japanese Emperors were with me so I enshrined them. I went to Mass on the 14th of the month , which I call Japan day because on the 14th of the month I surrendered to Hirohito and the 2,400,000 + soldiers enshrined at Yasukuni shrine and written in the book of souls.

While praying for Japan, the "land of the gods" , I turned around to see a paper that said in big letters "Japan" , with an image of a Japanese Shinto Shrine and Japanese missionary Maximilian Kolbe. I grab the paper intrigued by the coincidence , and walked out of the Cathedral to find a round circular mirror with brown lining immediately outside of the Cathedral.

Circular mirrors are the highest relic in Shinto, for Amaterasu gave one to her grandson Jimmu , who became the first legendary Emperor of Japan, 040820-68-History-Ancient-Japan-Jimmu-1024x768.jpgthe current oldest surviving dynasty on earth.

In my shrine to Amaterasu at home, she was looking into a circular mirror with brown lining, the color lining of the mirror found on Japan day, with Japan paper in hand, right after praying for Japan.

I then walked to Capitol hill to discover a shrine to dead firemen I never noticed, dated 1987, the year I was born.

I saw a ladder which made me think "Jacob's ladder" (Mussolini means Jacob). Jacob's ladder was an ascent to God.

I ascended the ladder and noticed my reflection. I was surrounded by a mirror. The ladder went through a circular mirror, and at that moment I knew Amaterasu was God's gift to me and whoever else wants to be her friend is welcome. 8230082060_b4185a0119_b.jpg

I wont get jealous. :)

Less than a year later I spent all night praying to Emperor Hirohito. I asked if I could have the name Hirohito as a Spiritual Sacrament of confirmation name, and Hirohito be my patron Saint.

I went to mass and received Holy Communion for Hirohito, the island archipelago of the Kami, the soldiers of Yasukuni, and the Emperor. Walked out of the Church and on the sidewalk I See this:

)IMG_20210122_104817.jpg

The day prior , I wrote many letters to Hirohito which is unusual behavior. Instead of writing out his name , I just wrote H. To see a Japanese flag above an H on a military Jacket the morning after asking if I could take H as my confirmation name was too much of a coincidence.

I knew Shinto was God's idea and gift from that moment forward. There is no reason why a religion like Shinto should have the oldest Dynasty on earth and be the state Religion of the third greatest economy on earth, yet no one knows who founded it.

Other state Religions of first world countries all have known founders.

Shinto is called "the way of the gods" and is very flexible. Each person can practice Shinto their own way. I keep a Honden, a room closed to the public where I keep the circular mirror and burn candles and incense. A Honden is for enshrined Kami to dwell and closed to people. It is usually a structure.1200px-Sumiyoshi_Taisha_Hunatama_Jinja1.jpg

I also keep a Kamidana, a god cupboard, reserved for enshrined Kami where I keep an image of a heavenly maiden and my Spider.kamidana_22.jpg

On the other side of Smith bridge I bow and pray before a Kami tree that has a Rosary and flowers on it. The original Shinto shrines were trees.
R1bd36d9c798b4c60f85adb8407b2f280.jpeg

In Shinto it is believed there are Kami in rivers, lakes, islands, and trees.

It's just a far more rich system of Religion than Christianity and liberated me from a lot of toxic Christian Dogma.

Great post!

There is no such thing as an "intrinsic" property of a religious practice; we choose what to do and believe, and how to categorize it. If merely the presence of some fundamental difference of opinion is what defines the boundaries between religions, then every man and woman is probably their own religion, and the word "religoin" has little meaning. We're subjective creatures. Ask any pastor or imam, even a very conservative one, whether all of their congregants "agree with them on everything". They'll laugh, then tell you their job would be much easier if that were so. Building religious community is about building bridges across the distance between people, not pretending those differences don't exist.

Each religion, denomination or sect has a set of beliefs or teachings - characteristics or properties - that define that religion, denomination or sect. Apostacy or shunning being some of the penalties for questioning their teachings.

So the question, can a follower of Shinto believe that Jesus is the savior (Christianity) and Jesus is not the savior (Judaism) at the same time?

Each religion, denomination or sect has a set of beliefs or teachings - characteristics or properties - that define that religion, denomination or sect. Apostacy or shunning being some of the penalties for questioning their teachings.
Not Shinto, obviously. But it's that very freedom you're objecting to. Why?

I object on the basis of logic. Wherever beliefs contradict, one or the other (or both) must be false, both cannot be true. If a Shinto devotee accepts Christianty and Jesus as the saviour, can he at the same time accept Judaism where Jesus is not the promised Messiah, not the saviour and still maintain intellectual integrity? I would say not.

Last edited:

I objecting on the basis of logic. Wherever beliefs contradict, one or the other (or both) must be false, both cannot be true. If a Shinto devotee accepts Christianty and Jesus as the saviour, can he at the same time accept Judaism where Jesus is not the promised Messiah, not the saviour and still maintain intellectual integrity? I would say not.

One Shinto is free to practice Christianity. Another Shinto is free to be a Jew. Another Shinto is free to be a Buddhist.

Another Shinto is free to be Dogma less. Neither of them behave in contradiction to Shintoism.

I objecting on the basis of logic. Wherever beliefs contradict, one or the other (or both) must be false, both cannot be true. If a Shinto devotee accepts Christianty and Jesus as the saviour, can he at the same time accept Judaism where Jesus is not the promised Messiah, not the saviour and still maintain intellectual integrity? I would say not.

Belief is not a major component of Shinto, though. There are myths and cosmology and so forth, but they are not considered obligatory.

Strong conviction of heart that the Kami and Japanese Emperors were with me so I enshrined them. I went to Mass on the 14th of the month , which I call Japan day because on the 14th of the month I surrendered to Hirohito and the 2,400,000 + soldiers enshrined at Yasukuni shrine and written in the book of souls.

While praying for Japan, the "land of the gods" , I turned around to see a paper that said in big letters "Japan" , with an image of a Japanese Shinto Shrine and Japanese missionary Maximilian Kolbe. I grab the paper intrigued by the coincidence , and walked out of the Cathedral to find a round circular mirror with brown lining immediately outside of the Cathedral.

Circular mirrors are the highest relic in Shinto, for Amaterasu gave one to her grandson Jimmu , who became the first legendary Emperor of Japan, View attachment 31507the current oldest surviving dynasty on earth.

In my shrine to Amaterasu at home, she was looking into a circular mirror with brown lining, the color lining of the mirror found on Japan day, with Japan paper in hand, right after praying for Japan.

I then walked to Capitol hill to discover a shrine to dead firemen I never noticed, dated 1987, the year I was born.

I saw a ladder which made me think "Jacob's ladder" (Mussolini means Jacob). Jacob's ladder was an ascent to God.

I ascended the ladder and noticed my reflection. I was surrounded by a mirror. The ladder went through a circular mirror, and at that moment I knew Amaterasu was God's gift to me and whoever else wants to be her friend is welcome. View attachment 31508

I wont get jealous. :)

Less than a year later I spent all night praying to Emperor Hirohito. I asked if I could have the name Hirohito as a Spiritual Sacrament of confirmation name, and Hirohito be my patron Saint.

I went to mass and received Holy Communion for Hirohito, the island archipelago of the Kami, the soldiers of Yasukuni, and the Emperor. Walked out of the Church and on the sidewalk I See this:

)View attachment 31506

The day prior , I wrote many letters to Hirohito which is unusual behavior. Instead of writing out his name , I just wrote H. To see a Japanese flag above an H on a military Jacket the morning after asking if I could take H as my confirmation name was too much of a coincidence.

I knew Shinto was God's idea and gift from that moment forward. There is no reason why a religion like Shinto should have the oldest Dynasty on earth and be the state Religion of the third greatest economy on earth, yet no one knows who founded it.

Other state Religions of first world countries all have known founders.

Shinto is called "the way of the gods" and is very flexible. Each person can practice Shinto their own way. I keep a Honden, a room closed to the public where I keep the circular mirror and burn candles and incense. A Honden is for enshrined Kami to dwell and closed to people. It is usually a structure.View attachment 31509

I also keep a Kamidana, a god cupboard, reserved for enshrined Kami where I keep an image of a heavenly maiden and my Spider.View attachment 31510

On the other side of Smith bridge I bow and pray before a Kami tree that has a Rosary and flowers on it. The original Shinto shrines were trees.
View attachment 31511

In Shinto it is believed there are Kami in rivers, lakes, islands, and trees.

It's just a far more rich system of Religion than Christianity and liberated me from a lot of toxic Christian Dogma.

I'm happy for you that it works for you.

But what I took from that is that it wasn't revealed to you. You think it feels right and have chosen to use unrelated random things as evidence.

Its still a fascinating religion. I love Shinto and shinto temples

One Shinto is free to practice Christianity. Another Shinto is free to be a Jew. Another Shinto is free to be a Buddhist.

Another Shinto is free to be Dogma less. Neither of them behave in contradiction to Shintoism.

So as a Shinto you may ignore all that is taught and believed in these religions and simply apply labels without regard to content because, well, you are 'free?'

While at it you may label yourself male and female, adult and child, Asian, Caucasian and Nego without contradiction? All merely labels and words in a Shinto world of fantasy, applied however you please?

Wow, the wonder and joy of freedom.

Back
Top Bottom