• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

States sending police, national guard to Texas' border

It started with the governor of Texas declaring the border to be a Disaster Area. The Republicans said he was doing the right thing, the Democrats said he was just trying to embarrass Biden. But then the Governor of Florida pledged state police, and the Governor of South Dakota pledged National Guard troops.

This is states assisting other states in defiance of the federal government. That is the point of this post, that the division is worsening, that states are sending troops to other states out of defiance of Federal policy.

That is about as dishonest as fuck explaining how two Republican Governors are virtue signalling to another Republican Governor. Trying to "both sides" this is such a bad faith argument, it's adding to the divide you are condemning.

Oh FFS, I didn't say "both sides" at all.

Is there an update on the status of up to 50 people from each state? Are they still alive? Have they even got there? Was anyone told they were going yet?

My guess is it was all fluffy cuddly talk for their base because the Federal government is in charge of border patrol.

Iowa has sent up to 30 troops for a two-week mission, free of charge... well... maybe Texas will pay Iowa something (Iowa hopes).

article said:
The documents released Monday show Texas has requested 434 state troopers, 75 investigators and six tactical teams from other states.
Isn't Texas the second largest state regarding population?

Iowa has sent up to 30 troops for a two-week mission, free of charge... well... maybe Texas will pay Iowa something (Iowa hopes).

article said:
The documents released Monday show Texas has requested 434 state troopers, 75 investigators and six tactical teams from other states.
Isn't Texas the second largest state regarding population?

For now. I predict FL will surpass them in the 2030s mainly because Calitexains will rather their power outages come with the excitement of hurricanes.

Back
Top Bottom