• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Stephon Clark killed by Sacramento police - he was in his own family's backyard

That outcome is fair as far as that goes, but St. Stephon's family and their shyster still got millions of dollars on taxpayer dime, unfortunately.

Break into cars, break into a house, flee from police, get shot for holding a cell phone ---> profit!

You missed a step so I FTFY.

I've been looking for the legal outcome of previous incidents reported in different threads to see where they end up, and there's been a decision on this one from almost a year ago, so here's the update:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officers-killed-stephon-clark-face-federal-civil-rights/story?id=65901923

That took forever to load - request that people always post a paragraph of what's in the link. It's very helpful to all who have limited internet. Go ahead and post the spoiler.

Two police officers in Sacramento, California, are back on duty after federal authorities cleared them of federal criminal civil rights charges in the shooting death of 22-year-old Stephon Clark.

U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott and Special Agent-in-Charge Sean Ragan of the FBI's Sacramento Division said there was insufficient evidence "to prove beyond a reasonable doubt" that officers Terrance Mercadal and Jared Robinet violated a federal statute.

"The tragedy that took place after a 911 call to our communications center will always have a profound effect on our department and community as a whole," Sacramento Police Chief Daniel Hahn said in a statement. "We are forever dedicated to finding reasonable alternatives that may prevent similar tragedies."

That's odd. Did you try to load the video too? It looked like a lightweight page. In any case, I will quote some part next time. :)

That outcome is fair as far as that goes, but St. Stephon's family and their shyster still got millions of dollars on taxpayer dime, unfortunately.

Break into cars, break into a house, flee from police, get shot for holding a cell phone ---> profit!

Got shot when he led the police on a chase and then pulled out an object in the dark when he got cornered. Fucking stupid thing to do. Or it would be if it wasn't so damn lucrative for one's heirs! It's also very lucrative for the lawsuit industrial complex!

Got shot when he led the police on a chase and then pulled out an object in the dark when he got cornered. Fucking stupid thing to do.
If it was legal and moral to kill someone for doing something fucking stupid, there'd be a lot more dead people around.
Or it would be if it wasn't so damn lucrative for one's heirs! It's also very lucrative for the lawsuit industrial complex!
Apparently in the USA, there are a lot of people who sit on juries who do not share your views on this matter.

Got shot when he led the police on a chase and then pulled out an object in the dark when he got cornered. Fucking stupid thing to do. Or it would be if it wasn't so damn lucrative for one's heirs! It's also very lucrative for the lawsuit industrial complex!

Yeah, that was his intent, to get killed to make money. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was his intent, to get killed to make money. :rolleyes:

Yeah, my first thought is that he could have made about as much money if he just sold a kidney. He could have lived to enjoy the profit!

Back
Top Bottom