• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

Sure doesn't look like it...

you had nothing to learn
You've made absolutely no effort to learn what terms like 'evolution' or 'atheist' or 'evidence' mean, despite several people's honest attempts to help you with this.
You continue to hold fast to your prejudices and distruths despite countering testimony, links, examples and arguments.
You abandon losing arguments in order to foist another distraction, rather than examine your errors and failures IN ORDER TO LEARN.

So, no, it doesn't look like you're here to learn. Your posts are indistinguishable from your earliest efforts here.

you had nothing to learn
You've made absolutely no effort to learn what terms like 'evolution' or 'atheist' or 'evidence' mean, despite several people's honest attempts to help you with this.
You continue to hold fast to your prejudices and distruths despite countering testimony, links, examples and arguments.
You abandon losing arguments in order to foist another distraction, rather than examine your errors and failures IN ORDER TO LEARN.

So, no, it doesn't look like you're here to learn. Your posts are indistinguishable from your earliest efforts here.

Yeah, kinda why I gave up some time ago. It's been some time since those first efforts. My theory: Syed wants to defend the faith, but lacks real courage to do so. This is his own version of Jihad. Knowing how hard core other Jihadis are, and how softcore Syed is, I think instead of 72 virgins, he's getting a pocket pussy and half dead duracell batteries in Jannah.

Hi there Syed.

There was no question: as promised to you, I just showed you that your concept of "God" is illogical, contradictory,
and therefore must be an incorrect conception of what "God" is, or is capable of, or both.
I pointed out some of your errors, and why they are errors, and invited you to put them right - if you can.
which concept of "God" is logical to you?

The concept of god that is logical to me is the concept that man invents gods to help explain natural and social phenomena they observe, but do not understand the how, or why, of it. Humans naturally assign agency on things that happen that they do not personally control. "personal control", or "agency" as it is called, is a defense mechanism we evolved to help ensure we react to danger immediately, and don't have to think over immediate, fast-acting threats. Humans evolved the ability to "assume everything is a result of intentional, intelligent, purpose", so as to be able to quickly defend against it.

god is the "agency" for all things not caused by humans... at least that is the most logical concept of god to me... a side-effect of our very successful survival tactic.

Gila Guerilla

i dont debate with atheists to convince them there is a god, if i was i would had left this forum long time ago with disappointment

i am here for a good debate to learn and hopefully other will learn from me

my concept of god is illogical to you that doesn't mean it illogical for me

my understanding of god is very simple without mystery, rational and just god
What I did with my Examining the "God" of Syed posts, was to show that your concept of "God" is illogical and therefore also impossible.
What you have said here is that you will accept the illogical, (as logical to you). Logic is a branch of philosophy, which I partly explained
to you in my series of posts.

For example, a thing cannot be A and not A at the same time. I gave you several examples, and again I give the example, a man cannot be
single, (unmarried), as well as married at one and the same time. Nobody can just 'turn around' and say: "Well I choose to say that a man can
be single and married at the same time, because my understanding of marriage is simple and so it isn't illogical to me that a man can
be single and married at the same time".

But your concept of "God" is illogical in the sense that it disobeys the laws of logic. Logical thinking has to follow three rules, (the laws of logic) :-

1.The law of identity: X = X

Something is what it is, and it's not something else.

2. The law of non-contradiction: The relationship A = B and A = NOT(B) are mutually exclusive.

Something is cannot be what it is and its opposite at the same time.

3. The law of the excluded middle: If a statement may be true or false, it must be one or the other.

A true/false statement cannot be halfway in between; it cannot be both true and false at the same time, nor a bit true or a bit false.
To be logical, statements which may be true or false have to be expressed in such a way that they are only either true OR false.

If your concept of "God" abuses any of these laws, the concept is flawed, and makes the god so defined as to be impossible. I claim that your concept
of "God" does indeed contain flaws of logic, and no matter whether or not you are satisfied with your concept, the truth is that if it contains such
failures of logic, it cannot be a concept which reflects the truth. Thus the concept needs to be changed.

You claim to be here to learn. Well I have given you a pretty good, lesson in why your concept of "God" is impossible. You obviously haven't learned from it
because you are saying that you will accept the illogical, and not change the concept. Now that is NOT rational ! ! !

By the way, I do not go into all of the ways in which you concept of "God" has illogicalities. There are OTHER ways in which you concept of "God" has illogicalities,
but I would need to ask you a lot more questions, and I don't think that they can be answered, before the flaws in your god-concept are fixed first.

In Part 1 of Examining the "God" of Syed posts, I posted your claims, and they are not simple, as you claim above. It took me 10 pages of A4 text to look at
your concept in detail, and analyse why it is wrong; so ~ simple it is not. It's only simple if you use a throw away line, and just say that it's simple. The only
thing simple about it is if you are the lazy about your beliefs and concepts. To be lazy or to make an effort, (on your part), is your choice. But don't forget,
we, (readers of these posts), can all see what is going on.

You claim that your concept of "God" is illogical to me, (ie. to Gila Guerilla). That is not my claim. MY claim is that your concept of "God" is illogical - period.
Any person who looks at what I have written must say: "Yes, Gila Guerilla is right, the concept of "God" as represented by Syed does not make sense -
it contains failures of logic."

Now if your understanding of "God" makes no sense because it's illogical, you have no case to make for any debate, and saying it's a god that is very simple without
mystery, rational and just god
, is nothing more than saying: "I will not change my ways of thinking no matter what the truth may be". You aren't just saying:
"I will accept what is illogical to Gila Guerilla, but OK to me, Syed", You are saying: "I, Syed, will accept what is illogical, period". In other words you are happy
to accept the impossible.

Now if you abandon your concept of "God", to avoid the illogicalities, then what you end up with really is a mystery, and thus you will be being irrational.

You claim to debate atheists, but I say that you do not debate at all, what you do is preach. If you are going to debate, you need to state your assumptions,
and demonstrate that they are true. If you cannot do that, then you automatically fail, (in debating terms), or in terms of offering truth claims. But preaching is not debating.

As I've said, it's up to you to point out where there are errors in what I've posted, because I too want to learn, where there is something to be learned. If
you can find errors in my line of reasoning, I will look into them and try to fix the problems. If you do not do so, then you have no basis for debate or truth.
Unfortunately I have no respect for that, and I hope you won't respond with an I don't care reply again.

Gila Guerilla

for all atheists concept of god is irrational illogical period

so i am not really surprised you found my concept of god also irrational illogical

is there any concept of god logical to you ?

Not sure if Gila Guerilla will ask but what is a concept of god??

is there any concept of god logical to you ?
You JUST said
for all atheists concept of god is irrational illogical period
If that's a true statement*, what the fuck are you expecting as an answer to the question?

*And no, the idea that there are gods is not irrational or illogical to me. I can understand how such beliefs would develop in an effort to explain the universe around us, assigning agency to natural processes. Same way I still try to cajole my car into starting or intimidate nails into going into the wall straight.
The problem comes in when trying to convince me that one being is responsible for everything that exists in the vast cosmos and still cares if I look at another man's wife and touch myself....

A Challenge To Atheists
Do you mean a 'thought experiment?'
how could you make them to learn to read / write and make them to wear cloths ?
make them?
Why would I want to?

Pretty obviously, if they needed clothes they'd make and wear clothes.
Why make them wear clothes, syed?
Why would I make them read, syed?

Do you mean a 'thought experiment?'
how could you make them to learn to read / write and make them to wear cloths ?
make them?
Why would I want to?

Pretty obviously, if they needed clothes they'd make and wear clothes.
Why make them wear clothes, syed?
Why would I make them read, syed?

my claimed is that religions civilized human

i just want to know how could atheists civilized human ? can atheists make naked people to wear cloths and read / write?

god hates atheists because atheism CANT civilize human

Last edited:
my claimed is that religions civilized human
Yes, Syed, I figured out what you were trolling for.
i just want to know how could atheists civilized human ? make naked people to wear cloths and read / write
And again, I ask why would I want to make them do this? So they're like me? like you?
Because nudity is wrong in the eyes of several gods I don't believe in?

Why is that automatically 'civilized,' syed? Maybe a more rational approach to the human body is a move towards civilization.

Is this tribe polluting the earth, starting wars, and burning witches for not believing in their gods? If not, it sounds like they're already civilized. No need to ruin it with religion.

Silly o.p. Still I want to ask Syed: Can you accept an opposing o.p. that would list religiously-motivated atrocities, slaughters, as well as religiously motivated suppression of free expression, thought, science, art? Suppression of women, gays, the "other' faith group, the atheists? Many of these don't need ancient historical citation; they're going on right now. Or are these not a problem; religion and the need for a deity is still all-positive? (Sigh)

Or are these not a problem; religion and the need for a deity is still all-positive? (Sigh)
Syed doesn't believe they were all-positive. He's okay with a net positive.
Like, religion is the source of all education AND burning heretics, but 'at least we educated you.'

Back
Top Bottom