• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tea Party Nation: The NFL Should Lose Its Tax-Exempt Status Because Michael Sam

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.teapartynation.com/forum...Topic:2844243&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

"Many Americans were grossed out by the spectacle of two men kissing on TV. Many were appalled by what was obviously a staged event to push an agenda. Over the last few years, the NFL has become much more of an arm of the political left. From the Baltimore Ravens pitching Obamacare to the NFL’s implied threats to move the Super Bowl from Arizona if Governor Jan Brewer did not veto Arizona’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the NFL is acting like an arm of Organizing for Obama. Perhaps it is time for real Americans to say enough. If the NFL wants to be political, then it can be. We don’t have to watch the NFL and we should ask our Senators and Congressmen why the NFL remains a tax-exempt organization?" - Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips.

Why is that article printed in such a gigantic font? At first I thought I was reading the lede but it never changed to normal text.

Wait, if the NFL was liberal, wouldn't the outcome of every game be null as both sides are always winners and instead hitting each other hard, the players complimented each other and pick flowers out of the turf and hand them to their opponents? That the Super Bowl would be an affirmation that we are all winners and everyone gets a medal?

I also think it is cute that the article says Tebow was run out of the NFL because of his religious beliefs, as if his skills (especially as shown by the Patriots in the playoffs) were lacking a bit.

But more to the article's point... is the NFL really tax-exempt? Because if it is, I can't think of a reason why it should be.

But more to the article's point... is the NFL really tax-exempt? Because if it is, I can't think of a reason why it should be.

Religious exemption. The NFL is far more of a religion to many than most religions are.

Religious exemption. The NFL is far more of a religion to many than most religions are.
True. Two masses on Sunday, one on Monday, and into winter, Saturday and Thursday! That is religious commitment.

Many were appalled by what was obviously a staged event to push an agenda.
This, from a rep of a political movement NAMED AFTER a staged event meant to push an agenda? Which was so named in order to push an agenda?

What, it's okay if it's done to protect John Hancock's tea smuggling profits, but not to promote basic human rights?

Fuckwits..

Everything's a conspiracy theory with these people.

Only the league office, which uses a tiny portion of the revenue from TV contracts, etc., to pay their expenses. It then divvies up the remaining eleventy billion dollars among the teams, which absolutely do pay taxes based on their individual profitability.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14/nfl-explains-that-it-does-indeed-pay-taxes/

Only the Tea Party could fail this epically.

Yeah, the ass-licking of all things military during every single televised game is just what I expect from "an arm of the political left."
Also, the firing of a record-setting kicker for being outspoken in favor of gay marriage is also quite liberal, not to mention the radical leftwing tactic of refusing to bother to investigate charges that a coach advocated genocide against homosexuals by saying "We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and nuke it until it glows."

Wait, if the NFL was liberal, wouldn't the outcome of every game be null as both sides are always winners and instead hitting each other hard, the players complimented each other and pick flowers out of the turf and hand them to their opponents? That the Super Bowl would be an affirmation that we are all winners and everyone gets a medal?

I also think it is cute that the article says Tebow was run out of the NFL because of his religious beliefs, as if his skills (especially as shown by the Patriots in the playoffs) were lacking a bit.

The NFL is not tax exempt, but they do have a special monopoly status under current law. This allows them to decide where a team will be located and who can own it.

Beyond that, many cities have special arrangements with their NFL franchise, especially with regard to stadiums. As far as I know, all NFL stadiums are publicly owned.

DALLAS: Chat Show Host Freaks Out Over Michael Sam's Kiss, Storms Off Set

FBmeme.jpg

True. Two masses on Sunday, one on Monday, and into winter, Saturday and Thursday! That is religious commitment.

Good point, but you're one weekly mass short. Sunday Night Football, on NBC. That mass can even have flexible scheduling about who the preachers are if the NFL thinks it will be more interesting.

Not to mention that the opening hymn for Sunday Night Football, uses the music from "I hate myself for loving you" as preformed by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts.

DALLAS: Chat Show Host Freaks Out Over Michael Sam's Kiss, Storms Off Set

The ladies on the outside are the smart sourdough in a stupid sandwich.

The one to the far left, especially, was remarkable through the entire exchange. Hope she gets a national show.

The NFL is not tax exempt, but they do have a special monopoly status under current law. This allows them to decide where a team will be located and who can own it.

Beyond that, many cities have special arrangements with their NFL franchise, especially with regard to stadiums. As far as I know, all NFL stadiums are publicly owned.
Cleveland just recently passed an extension on the "sin tax" to pay for upgrades on Browns Stadium or is First Energy Stadium now? Tens of millions are needed to save the stadium from utter destruction or something, and according to the team owners and sponsors, the people of Cuyahoga County were morally responsible to pay up.

Remember, only the Browns play in this place. The fucking Browns! The Cleveland "We are going to destroy Manzel's career before it even starts" Browns. And First Energy is telling Cuyahoga County that they need to save the stadium to invest in their city.

Back
Top Bottom