• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Teen shot 7 times and killed by police officer - ruled "justified" of course

Simple question, yes or no answer requested.

Is this the country where you want to live, where kids get killed and where the police shoot people because they don't like them at the time?

Correct this to read, "The cop knew he was illegally blinding people on the road and was pulling over people warning him of his unsafe vehicle settings."
You do not know the headlights were illegal or unsafe. You only know several people mistook them for high beams, but unless the police somehow modified them (for which there is no evidence nor even any reason why they would want to do it), I do not see how they can possibly be illegal.

Last edited:
Nope, sorry. You have no right to disobey a lawful order from a police officer.

You do have the right in a free country to disobey such commands without the threat of summary execution for disobedience.

You do not have that right in the USA.

Therefore the USA is not a free country.

Yes, congratulations. You have correctly identified that there are many ways in which you are not free to do whatever you like in the USA.

You must pay certain taxes.

You can be compelled to serve on a jury.

You must obey lawful orders from a police officer.

There are probably some others.

You do have the right in a free country to disobey such commands without the threat of summary execution for disobedience.

Yes, congratulations. You have correctly identified that there are many ways in which you are not free to do whatever you like in the USA.

Are there people being shot each week for not paying taxes or not showing up for jury duty?

And conservolibertarians are completely okay with being shot and killed for non-compliance unless it's about taxes or jury duty.

Are there people being shot each week for not paying taxes or not showing up for jury duty?

When they come to collect you for not paying taxes or showing up for jury duty if you assault them you may get shot.

When they come to collect you for not paying taxes or showing up for jury duty if you assault them you may get shot.

Links? Since you care so much about answering the questions asked exactly as asked, you must have links to articles describing weekly shootings of citizens who have not paid their taxes and/or have not shown up for jury duty.

Links? Since you care so much about answering the questions asked exactly as asked, you must have links to articles describing weekly shootings of citizens who have not paid their taxes and/or have not shown up for jury duty.

There are about one hundred links on this forum of people coming into contact with police officers for various offenses and getting shot.

Where did you get the impression they will only shoot you if you attack them when they try to bring you in for certain things?

It seems a bizarre belief to hold.

There are about one hundred links on this forum of people coming into contact with police officers for various offenses and getting shot.

Where did you get the impression they will only shoot you if you attack them when they try to bring you in for certain things?

Not an answer. Not what I said. BLATANT and really hamfisted evasion.

Do you have links or not?

What part of my claim is giving you a problem:

1) if you don't pay taxes police will eventually come to collect you
2) if you assault the police when they come to collect you, you may get shot.

Neither of these seems particularly controversial, but perhaps I am missing something.

Double parking, parking in disabled bays and texting while driving, I would welcome the cops shooting these people no matter what age they are.

Neither of these seems particularly controversial, but perhaps I am missing something.

I am not missing anything and you don't have links.

What are you one of those income tax deniers that thinks taxes are voluntary?

THIS is what you said

You listed things that you are compelled by law to do

But the list is disingenuous because only ONE of those things actually leads to actual deaths on a regular basis UNLESS you can show where people are being shot by the police after they have evaded taxes or ditched jury duty.

We are currently living in a country where the police feel, and are often treated like, they have the right to kill people for not following orders, or having a bad attitude, or just pissing the police off.

This is not good, this is not right, this is not righteous. And if it is legal, then it shouldn't be.

And if a person thinks this is how it should be, that person needs to think again.

Americans are free to get shot by the police.

So that's something.

And police are free to shoot people so it’s a free country.

------------------------------

I’m wondering what's the protection bodycams give citizens when it’s ok to assault citizens and then kill them if they don’t remain totally compliant during the assault? Or are they just to establish that the victim made some scary movement and so it's understandable that the officer pulled a gun and shot 'em dead? The authorities have little more to say about the officer's escalation of this encounter than "better choices could have been made by both of them". That's all a bodycam did, was illustrate that if better choices had been made then the civilian wouldn't have got seven holes put in him? Where's the officer's accountability for his terribly bad choices?

THIS is what you said

You listed things that you are compelled by law to do

But the list is disingenuous because only ONE of those things actually leads to actual deaths on a regular basis UNLESS you can show where people are being shot by the police after they have evaded taxes or ditched jury duty.

We are currently living in a country where the police feel, and are often treated like, they have the right to kill people for not following orders, or having a bad attitude, or just pissing the police off.

This is not good, this is not right, this is not righteous. And if it is legal, then it shouldn't be.

And if a person thinks this is how it should be, that person needs to think again.

Tip: My position is that the thing that leads to death is assaulting the officer, not the crime they originally came after you for.

Do you really think that when the cops come out to arrest you for your crazy I don't have to pay taxes beliefs if you assault them you might not end up just as dead as this kid?

Well, if people don't pay their taxes then cops don't get paid so they don't come out to arrest anybody. This means that they can't kill you.

That's why so few Greeks get killed by cops.

Back
Top Bottom