• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Teenager gang-raped and has eyes gouged out in exorcism ordered by Pastor

I love the comments. You cannot blame religion for this, people always do horrible things.
But...if there were no religions, would the fact that she saw goats that weren't there lead people to decide there was something evil living inside her?
For that matter, if there were no religions, maybe her family might have sought medical help for the goat hallucinations, rather than ask about the visions, or seek help from a pastor on the lookout for demonic influences?

I love the comments. You cannot blame religion for this, people always do horrible things.
But...if there were no religions, would the fact that she saw goats that weren't there lead people to decide there was something evil living inside her?

To play Devil's Advocate, people can be that superstitious without religion.

But they weren't acting without religion.
It doesn't appear that they had an independent idea that they had to rape the badness out of their sister and the church was unable to talk them out of the instructions they got from their crystals, rabbit's foot, spirit guide or ouija board.

There have been two fatal "exorcisms" in New Zealand in recent years. One Christian-related, the other connected with indigenous religion. The Christian exorcist (a migrant pastor from Korea) received a jail sentence while the indigenous exorcists were sentenced to community service. Hmm...

Last edited:
It doesn't appear that they had an independent idea that they had to rape the badness out of their sister and the church was unable to talk them out of the instructions they got from their crystals, rabbit's foot, spirit guide or ouija board.

Where does it say in the Bible to gang rape someone and gouge out their eyes during an exorcism?

Where does it say in the Bible to gang rape someone and gouge out their eyes during an exorcism?
It doesn't.

He sister claims that an Evangelical pastor told her she had the one to gauge her eyes out. She may well be lying, of course.
Incidentally, in Argentina, nearly all reports call this a brutal "Satanic ritual" ("ritual satánico", or "rito satánico"), though there is no indication of anything like that. They were trying to exorcise a demon or the devil, so that's surely not Satanic.

Incidentally, in Argentina, nearly all reports call this a brutal "Satanic ritual" ("ritual satánico", or "rito satánico"), though there is no indication of anything like that. They were trying to exorcise a demon or the devil, so that's surely not Satanic.

You clearly didn't attend the church that I grew up in.

So umm... who other than sociopaths would have been good with taking the role of rapist in this "exorcism"?

This sounds like a crime that was nothing but a gang-rape.

Sweet bouncing donkey testicles, that is just about the most vile thing I have read since African Evangelicals started setting children on fire for witchcraft.

Why is it that every place evangelical missionaries go turns to evil?

And is there anything we can do to stop evangelical missionaries from traveling to the third world? Because something about their beliefs combined with local third world superstitions keeps resulting in horrors like this, and it has to stop.

Fuck me with a rusty tire iron, but this is depressing.

Back
Top Bottom