• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Texas government now actively terrorizing families of trans kids

FPWwGTXWYAUhSkz

FPWwHxkXsAowaeD

The existence of detransitioners is reason enough to avoid irreversible procedures on the young.

I find it stunning the terrible faith that the fascist right applies to the issues claiming that people are trying to force irreversible procedures on kids.

To look at such tactics is concern trolling in the most charitable light: the law bans BLOCKERS!

These laws guarantee that people will need to "butcher" their body to get it to even a semblance of what they wish to see.

Blockers, the only way to even possibly avoid surgical interventions, allow those who wish to transition the power to do so without closing a door.

Those who desist are not in any way significantly harmed from being delayed of puberty for a year or two while they figure themselves out.

Those who persistently push to start a puberty under the review of doctors, parents, and teachers also are freed from the need for surgical interventions.

Thus it is again clear that the right is concern trolling the issue, and causing the very problems they claim to wish to avoid.

Would be great if we’d quit telling young people that there is something wrong with them that needs to be fixed.
That's not what I see going on here.

Young people deciding for themselves that there's something wrong with them is quite different. That happens all too often.

The problem I have with this is the premise that the young people are competent to decide what to do. I don't think that they are, as a group. That's why we have concepts like "age of consent" and such. To protect young people from themselves, very largely, and also from people who would influence them to their own ends as well.
Tom

Forcing a transgender boy
A girl

to go through female puberty, when there are medical alternatives, is a lunatic way to treat a kid.
It is 'lunatic' only if you have complete faith in gender ideology. Not all of us are believers.

Telling a boy that you won't allow him to do anything at all to reverse the effects of female puberty until he has completely transformed into an adult woman is just going to cause him to kill himself. This is just a scientific fact.
No, it will not cause her to kill herself. The spectre of suicide is an ever-present fire-and-brimstone talking point of gender ideologists, but the gender ideologists simply state their assertion as if it were fact, and neglect to mention that pre and post-transition trans people have no difference in suicide rates.

There is a reason why the American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics also condones the mutilation of the genitals of baby boys. It is pro-mutilation. I am not impressed by their recommendations.

I find it stunning the terrible faith that the fascist right applies to the issues claiming that people are trying to force irreversible procedures on kids.
Your hypocrisy is stunning. You yourself have said you do not think youth should have surgeries, yet you did not speak in favour of the surgery-blocking.

To look at such tactics is concern trolling in the most charitable light: the law bans BLOCKERS!

These laws guarantee that people will need to "butcher" their body to get it to even a semblance of what they wish to see.

Blockers, the only way to even possibly avoid surgical interventions, allow those who wish to transition the power to do so without closing a door.
As usual, that's the exact opposite of the truth. Boys who have been on puberty blockers often don't have enough material for butchers to fashion their pre-pubescent penises into pseudovaginas.

Do not be deceived by someone that argues in tweets, demonization, and propaganda.

Again, I want to remind everyone of the policy statement that reflects the current position of the American Academy of Pediatrics:

Furthermore, here is a statement of support that was released only months ago by the leadership of the Federation of Pediatric Associations, which includes several different pediatric associations in its membership:

3/28/2022
Statement in Support of Transgender Children and Youth,
their Families, and Health Care Providers
We stand with pediatricians who partner with families every day to make the best possible decision
for each individual child based on available research and evidence pertinent to that child’s care.
Transgender and gender diverse children and youth deserve to lead safe, healthy lives in
environments that allow them to be their authentic selves. That can only happen if physicians are
allowed to treat these children in the same manner, and with the same respect, that we expect
them to treat every other child. Our mission to advance child health will succeed only if we work to
improve health outcomes for all children.
The Federation of Pediatric Organizations is comprised of the Academic Pediatric Association, American Academy of
Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics, American Pediatric Society, Association of Medical School Pediatric
Department Chairs, Association of Pediatric Program Directors, and Society for Pediatric Research. The purpose of the
federation is to promote optimal health for children by building on the efforts and expertise of the member organizations,
and on the relationships between the member organizations to accomplish shared goals.

Furthermore, the pseudoscience that supposedly justifies these laws has been found to be based on deliberate omissions and erroneous claims, and it has been comprehensively debunked:

Furthermore, puberty-blocker medication alone, which is the most easily reversible form of hormone therapy, has been found to reduce suicidal ideation in transgender youth by 73%:

Please, everyone, look to real science. There is very nearly a consensus, among pediatric organizations, in support of gender-affirming care. Do not be deceived by pseudoscience, and do not be deceived by a lunatic that argues in tweets. Stand up for reason.

By the way, I want to point something out, here. The same group of people are making two conflicting arguments:
A) they argue that they should not be criticized for misgendering a transgender woman that has a masculine-sounding voice, a masculine-looking height, and a masculine-looking bone-structure, and they claim that it is ridiculous and unfair that they should be expected to validate such a person as a woman.​
B) they also claim that parents that help their children receive gender-affirming care during puberty, thereby giving them a chance at living normal lives, should be treated as criminals, and they are defending laws that would have the pediatricians that help them branded as felons.​

Notice that these are the same exact people. Stop pretending that they are not the vicious punks they are.

By the way, I want to point something out, here. The same group of people are making two conflicting arguments:
A) they argue that they should not be criticized for misgendering a transgender woman that has a masculine-sounding voice, a masculine-looking height, and a masculine-looking bone-structure, and they claim that it is ridiculous and unfair that they should be expected to validate such a person as a woman.​
B) they also claim that parents that help their children receive gender-affirming care during puberty, thereby giving them a chance at living normal lives, should be treated as criminals, and they are defending laws that would have the pediatricians that help them branded as felons.​

Notice that these are the same exact people. Stop pretending that they are not the vicious punks they are.
Really, their goal is to force kids into growing up looking like gender stereotypes which they hate.

They want trans people to be forced to "give their birth gonads/hormone system a try" as if they haven't seen the results of that already in their parents, peers, and upper classpersons and NOPED right the hell away from that.

And apparently metaphor still hasn't heard about DHT cream.

Ridiculous and unfair and immoral that you should bully people into uttering things they do not believe, certainly. But that doesn't stop the demands from the gender ideologues.

B) they also claim that parents that help their children receive gender-affirming care during puberty,​
Sex is not gender, so why is medically [removed] the bodies of children 'gender affirming'?

thereby giving them a chance at living normal lives, should be treated as criminals, and they are defending laws that would have the pediatricians that help them branded as felons.​

You believe there is a conflict between the two positions. There is none.

Last edited by a moderator:
This forum will not tolerate the trolling, baiting, provocation or harassing our members.
These posts will be deleted and the person posting it sanctioned.

In particular, posts about trans rights have either devolved rapidly or been deliberately started to create harassment and hate mongering. This has no place in meaningful discussion.

The following are from our Terms of Use and Clarifications sections, a link is found at the botton of every page.

The rules of this forum include:
  1. .
  2. .
  3. .
  4. .

5. Not to post or transmit through IIDB any commercial, advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, "spam," hate/fear mongering, illegal advocation or mass distributions (this rule applies to images or videos of violence, killing, murder, or other graphic scenes);
  6. Not to goad, harass, insult, flame, spam, falsely quote, or invade the privacy of II or any other registered member of this board;
  7. Not to restrict, interfere or inhibit any other member from using II or IIDB;
  8. Not derail threads or detract from board discussions;
  9. Not to discuss moderation or the rules in the general forum and to direct any complaints about moderation or the TOU to the Private Feedback Forum.
  10. Not to preach/proselytize your religious views.
  11. Not to accuse another user of being a troll or bot. See clarification for how to report actual cases.
  12. Not to engage in trolling, brinking, or rules lawyering;
Clarification of Rule 13:
13. Not to engage in trolling, brinking, or rules lawyering;
The following behaviors; trolling, brinking and rules lawyering, are all behaviors that are destructive to meaningful discussions by creating emotional responses and derails and are therefore prohibited by the TOU. Repeated violations will be handled to preserve the forum purpose; meaningful discussion and the exchange of ideas. Members may discuss almost any topic or hold almost any opinion, but they may not hurt others or destroy the function of the site while they do it.

An Internet Troll is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He tries to start arguments and upset or provoke people using inflammatory language or analogies. For some reason, they don’t "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their ‘achievement’ (as they see it). They exploit the relative anonymity of the net to flourish.

Brinking, also termed as Edgelording – Testing rules by repeatedly getting as close as possible to breaking them without stepping over the line. Sometimes used to provoke others over the line, stir up trouble in a discussion, or to create difficulty for moderators.

Would be great if we’d quit telling young people that there is something wrong with them that needs to be fixed.
Except they're the ones saying there's something that needs to be fixed. Your argument is a strawman.

The issue is about family or social pressure on children to make irreversible life decisions before maturity. Just because a girl plays with trucks doesn't mean she's was born in the wrong body. It's just so curious that there's this rush to get kids cut up and on hormones before age 18.
Puberty blockers are not irreversible. Living as the other gender is not irreversible. That's all most people want for the under 18 crowd.

No, it will not cause her to kill herself. The spectre of suicide is an ever-present fire-and-brimstone talking point of gender ideologists, but the gender ideologists simply state their assertion as if it were fact, and neglect to mention that pre and post-transition trans people have no difference in suicide rates.
The proper comparison is between those allowed to transition and those blocked from it.

The thread has been cleaned up and is being unlocked.

Any further harassing and goading posts will be deleted and the authors given a warning that will restrict your access to the forum.

This thread is for DISCUSSION. Harassing and name-calling and goading will not be tolerated.

I would honestly love an inside look into the mindset that drive such "lies for Jesus", especially about trans people.

It's one of the most baffling things to me even as someone raised in the evangelical fundieverse.

It's just constant rhetoric about kids being harmed, when it has been demonstrated time and again that affirmation surgeries are avoided by hormonal interventions, are not offered to minors, and that the most common hormonal intervention in that age range, blockers, are entirely reversible in effect by simply ceasing to take them.

So where does the impetus to lie about this come from? Where does the justification spring from? I just don't get it why this is such an enemy to be hated other than, perhaps, than having the mindset that people ought not get choices because the choices denied were of them... But that isn't helping anyone, it's just hurting them because whoever-it-was also got hurt.

I can see folks who were denied the opportunity to so much as THINK about being something other than "a woman like her mother" or "a gay" or "a man like his father" harboring such a grudge, but it is not helpful!

I am tempted on occasion to embed myself in a cluster of transphobes until I see one speak the quiet part out loud? But I expect not even that will get me into the mindset of the sort of person that invents such lies. It may even be a subtext that is spoken unconsciously, the quiet part being something spoken from one subconscious to another in dog whistles and unnoticed and even unintentional structure of implication in communications.

It's a fascinating psychology, but one that confuses me greatly as to what thought process, at it's core, leads to the hate that motivates these laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is about family or social pressure on children to make irreversible life decisions before maturity. Just because a girl plays with trucks doesn't mean she's was born in the wrong body. It's just so curious that there's this rush to get kids cut up and on hormones before age 18.
Puberty blockers are not irreversible. Living as the other gender is not irreversible. That's all most people want for the under 18 crowd.
Yes. It is actually unusual for doctors to prescribe anything stronger than puberty blockers, but in cases where they do, the differences is usually the patient and not the doctor. If a patient prescribes full HRT to a 14 year old, then the reality behind that is often a young transgender person that has been seriously raising hell and making noise in order to get it. If doctors prescribe full HRT to a minor, then it is usually because it is the only way the kid will stop perseverating on it long enough to learn their algebra.

Yes. It is actually unusual for doctors to prescribe anything stronger than puberty blockers, but in cases where they do, the differences is usually the patient and not the doctor. If a patient prescribes full HRT to a 14 year old, then the reality behind that is often a young transgender person that has been seriously raising hell and making noise in order to get it. If doctors prescribe full HRT to a minor, then it is usually because it is the only way the kid will stop perseverating on it long enough to learn their algebra.

… that doesn’t seem like a terribly solid argument for it…

… that doesn’t seem like a terribly solid argument for it…
Transgender kids actually do tend to suffer in their grades if not treated early, though. This a serious problem because it can be harder for many of them to establish good careers later.

Self-harm is a big problem, but it is not the only problem that occurs in transgender kids. It was never a problem for me in spite of my other challenges and an abusive family environmemt on top of that.

The place where I suffered was in my grades. An entrenched cynicism and also the amplified need to escape, mentally, from an intolerable reality was a serious problem. Even in college, I ended up doing better in online courses than in person, and unfortunately, I only came to that late.

Back
Top Bottom