• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The aliens will be speaking with an Austrian accent

Kurt Waldheim wasn't however Australian.
And thanks be to the Furies for that.
Imagine if a spaceship pulled into a parking orbit and the first transmission called us all cunts.

Australia would be cracking beers in celebration while the rest of us set DEFCON 1...

"Sir, every transmission begins with the same three syllables: 'yeah', 'nah', 'look'."

I got into a conversation with a tourist Australian couple last summer. Hard to understand. Not just the different metaphors and sayings. The accents and on what syllables get emphasized.

I think there was an American news segment that actualy had subtitles for an Australian speaker in the news.

Why do you keep bringing up Australia and Australian accents when everyone else on the thread is talking about German accents (and one person, mysteriously about Slavic accents) and a little country in Europe between Germany and Italy, Hungary and Switzerland?

Oy Vey! Mashugana.

I grew up with Italian, Irish. Puerto Rican East European kids. I grew up in the NYC metro area. Greek, Italian, and Spanish was in the air. Many accents. When my sister came to visit in Portland Or in the 80s she noticed the lack of the background accents she was used to .

Yiddish was part of the general culture.

Putz. If want to discuss German start a thread on German.

I got into a conversation with a tourist Australian couple last summer. Hard to understand. Not just the different metaphors and sayings. The accents and on what syllables get emphasized.

I think there was an American news segment that actualy had subtitles for an Australian speaker in the news.

Why do you keep bringing up Australia and Australian accents when everyone else on the thread is talking about German accents (and one person, mysteriously about Slavic accents) and a little country in Europe between Germany and Italy, Hungary and Switzerland?

Oy Vey! Mashugana.

I grew up with Italian, Irish. Puerto Rican East European kids. I grew up in the NYC metro area. Greek, Italian, and Spanish was in the air. Many accents. When my sister came to visit in Portland Or in the 80s she noticed the lack of the background accents she was used to .

Yiddish was part of the general culture.

Putz. If want to discuss German start a thread on German.

Only you could believe any of this relevant to whether Austria and Australia, with and without the "al" in the middle, are one country or two on almost opposite ends of the globe.

The funny thing is, he may actually believes growing up with kids whose parents were born in Europe and once having gotten into a conversation with an Australian couple on their vacation qualifies him as more knowledgeable about Europe and Australia than the actual Europeans and Australians posting in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom