• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The American Police State Has Arrested a Third of Us

I had always heard that 1/3 number for blacks and the criminal justice system. If its now the entire population demographics representing one third, I wonder what the odds are for blacks since I suspect they have higher percentages overall.

Hmm... 49% for black men, 44% for hispanic men, 38% for white men, averaging 40% for males overall. Compared to a mere almost 20% for women.

I believe I see what the problem is. You are obviously missing that other leg of your chromosome that keeps you out of trouble. :p

Either that or it's you gals get us dumb guys to do all your dirty work.

Either that or it's you gals get us dumb guys to do all your dirty work.

Makes me think of that movie where 2 lowlifes knock over a stop and rob and grab cigarette cartons only for one to realize and say,"No menthols! She told me to get menthols."

So they knock over another stop and rob, grab cigarette cartons and then he says,"These aren't menthols either! They're just in a green box!"

He ends up stopping at yet another store and buying her a carton, saying "Women! They think they can order you around..." :D

I am surprised the resident crank hasn't appeared to claim this data is more evidence of widespread misandry.

What are these people being arrested for? Most people I know have never been arrested.

Could this be perhaps a bunch of minor things like underage drinking?

Hmm... 49% for black men, 44% for hispanic men, 38% for white men, averaging 40% for males overall. Compared to a mere almost 20% for women.

I believe I see what the problem is. You are obviously missing that other leg of your chromosome that keeps you out of trouble. :p

Well, isn't that mainly because the obesity rates in men are higher then in women? Just because you're better at outrunning the police doesn't mean you're not still evil.

I am a serious bad-ass, lol.

A few parking tickets, all paid the same day because it is much less expensive, two warnings for going slightly over the posted limit, (one written, one verbal) and about half a dozen library book fines, likewise, all made good for.

As a five year old, I lifted a packet of Koolaid, thinking it was the sweetened kind and was unlucky enough to pick up the kind that needs sugar. Getting rid of the evidence stressed me out big time. :eek: So ended a potential life of crime, all because of one bad experience. :D

A few parking tickets, all paid the same day because it is much less expensive, two warnings for going slightly over the posted limit, (one written, one verbal) and about half a dozen library book fines, likewise, all made good for.

As a five year old, I lifted a packet of Koolaid, thinking it was the sweetened kind and was unlucky enough to pick up the kind that needs sugar. Getting rid of the evidence stressed me out big time. :eek: So ended a potential life of crime, all because of one bad experience. :D

So, you didn't drink the Kool-Aid, you ate it? That was your mistake. But you were only five, right.

Anyone have a link that doesn't require a subscription?

I am betting these are "estimates" for the population based upon samples, and that the odds of a fully representative national sample for these kinds of variables is low.

BTW, the number of total arrests per year as a % of total population has been declining over the past couple decades from 5.7% in 1995 to 3.9% in 2011.

But that doesn't fit so neatly with the hysteria narrative.

So, you didn't drink the Kool-Aid, you ate it? That was your mistake. But you were only five, right.

I think I mistook it for Lik-m-aid, the candy powder. :eek: In grade school, I became an excellent speller, probably some sort of compensatory thing... That, and the teachers often gave treats for those who excelled at the spelling bees and math times tables. Times were rather lean at home so it was exceedingly easy to motivate me to such conditioned response. :sadyes:

7359607026_eb42cc3a18_z.jpg

Well, isn't that mainly because the obesity rates in men are higher then in women? Just because you're better at outrunning the police doesn't mean you're not still evil.

Well played sir! Well played! :D

Although, I believe that obesity is higher in women, on average (I'm not entirely sure). Although part of that is due to physical construction - boobs and butts on women simply contain more fat than on men. So we may be able to outrun you even with more average fat!

Back
Top Bottom