• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus vs. ?

That's right, which is what I'd like Learner to explain.
Hey chaps, evil first showed up in Eden. Even if it started in heaven, it isn't a problem at all to the conceptual biblical narrative. As Elixir sort of hints to "being kicked out" - they won't be there in heaven 2.0. Which was sort of my answer previously.

There was no Eden. There was no pristine natural state. It’s always been red in tooth and claw. There also was no first human man and woman, no Adam and Eve.
I don't believe you lol.
Of course you don’t, because you live in a fantasy world.
Prove it.

Both faith and fantasy operate in realms that transcend empirical evidence, relying on belief, imagination, and acceptance of the unseen or unproven. In essence, they share foundational similarities in how they approach understanding and interacting with concepts beyond the tangible world.

Learner is arguing from a few lines in an ancient text of unknown authorship. Supported by 2000 years of repeating the same belief in a few ancient lines of unknown authorship.

A common theist argument, a lot of people believe it so there must be something to it.

Of course we can not prove to Learner he is deluded living in a n imaginary reality.

That's right, which is what I'd like Learner to explain.
Hey chaps, evil first showed up in Eden. Even if it started in heaven, it isn't a problem at all to the conceptual biblical narrative. As Elixir sort of hints to "being kicked out" - they won't be there in heaven 2.0. Which was sort of my answer previously.

There was no Eden. There was no pristine natural state. It’s always been red in tooth and claw. There also was no first human man and woman, no Adam and Eve.
I don't believe you lol.
Of course you don’t, because you live in a fantasy world.
Prove it.
You have the burden of proof, not I. But, since you appear not just to be a Christian but a young earth creationist, it suffices to note we have a ton of evidence and well-supported scientific theories demonstrating that the earth is some 4.6 billion years old, and there never was a global flood. More, the well-supported theory of evolution rules out a first man and woman, showing instead that there was a first population of humans. So, no Adam and Eve. The same well-supported theory demonstrates that life has always been a struggle for survival, ruling out a pristine, pre-fall state. So the whole Christian narrative goes right out the window, defenestrated by science and reason.

But what have you got, since you have the burden of proof?

Oh, that’s right. Nothin’.

Back
Top Bottom