• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Daily Art

Latest works:

"Black Mona Lisa" - 9"x12" acrylic on canvas panel. Named by Big Ray at the Greyhound Bus Maintenance Facility. I worked on this there after my bus was involved in an incident last Thursday that left me stranded. It is made composed primarily of metallic paints.

Black Mona Lisa (476x640).jpg

"Lady Day" 9" x 12" acrylic on canvas panel. An abstract based on a woman I saw during one of my trips.

Lady Day  (481x640).jpg

"The Rebel" - 9"x 12" acrylic on canvas panel. Painted while I was feeling restless during the last few days.

The Rebel (640x473).jpg

"The Dreamer" 9"x 12" acrylic on canvas panel. A second sketch/painting made while thinking about the subconscious and dream studies.

The Dreamer (460x640).jpg

"Voodoo" - 9" x 12" acrylic on canvas panel.

Sums up my time spent in Savannah. It was my intention to get some interviews with the adherents from the swamps. The locals are all aware of the voodoo and pagan belief in that area. So I used that vibe as inspiration.

Voodoo (476x640).jpg

"Failure" - 16" x 20" abstract acrylic. A meditation on what I think about failing at life. To me, failure is sumed up by this texture piece - a shiny, glittery effort but dark underneath. Superficial and lacking substance, always striving to be more. But always one step behind.

Failure (510x640).jpg

The neglected thread returns from a hiatus:

This photo is called "Fire" - it was posted in one of the Faerie Art Mags a while back. Not sure of the photographer, but I thought it was visually stunning.
If there ever was a real life Jean Grey...

fire.jpg

From a photo shoot of mads Mikkelsen, the actor that plays Dr. Hannibal Lector.
I liked this photo so much that I had to have it.

Mads (Hannibal).jpg

From Twitter poster known as @ktw4u . A dark, subversive artist, most offerings from this account are usually on the wild side.
This is actually my wallpaper on my computer at the moment because I thought it was cool as hell:

vibe - ktw.jpg

A couple of colorful doodles. The bottom one was received very well in an event last month:

Existentialism - 16" x 20" acrylic on canvas

Existentialism  (509x640).jpg

Dark Night of the Soul - 11" x 14" acrylic on canvas panel

Dark Night of the Soul (640x511).jpg

Check out Edith Lake Wilkinson. I just posted the movie about her life in the "Movie review thread"...I have a feeling you might enjoy her work...

I think you mean Hades and Persephone?

PS Hades was my master.

My original comment was a joke. :) Although there are several myths that involve Hades being rather infatuated with Aprhodite...than again, most of the gods were.

Hades was your master? And what did he teach you? Inquiring minds and all that.

This reminds me of turmoil so it suits. :D

One,

You are very talented. You should be proud.

Gaynor

Thanks for the compliment.
I am not proud so much as baffled, though. It is always a wonder to me when people like my colorful doodles. :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

One of the latest:

"Deconversion" - 12" x 12" acrylic on canvas.

Deconversion (640x634).jpg

Check out Edith Lake Wilkinson. I just posted the movie about her life in the "Movie review thread"...I have a feeling you might enjoy her work...

Thanks for the suggestion. I went and did a bit of research.
I am very fond of her still life pieces. Such a shame about her life! Strikes me as very sad.

One,

You are very talented. You should be proud.

Gaynor

Thanks for the compliment.
I am not proud so much as baffled, though. It is always a wonder to me when people like my colorful doodles. :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

One of the latest:

"Deconversion" - 12" x 12" acrylic on canvas.

View attachment 3795

WOW! That would look amazing in our loungeroom. And I can see my thoughts in it!

WOW! That would look amazing in our loungeroom. And I can see my thoughts in it!
I take that as a great compliment. :)
If you like, you can have it.
I just have to double check aspects of the shipping to ensure that it arrives intact after the trip to your part of the globe.
That might take me a bit. Just let me know.

Came across this some days ago on a tattoo page without any luck at finding the artist's name:

tattooed love.jpg

Back
Top Bottom