• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The evils of political correctness.

And if I take PC hat off for a moment.
I can't find the link, but female "engineers" (Yes, I put it quotes), at google I think, expressed their opinion about all this in the sense that people who work as engeneers should have social skills to be successful or something to that effect. I find that ironic because it kinda implies that male engineers lack social skills (which is very true on average) and which itself is a gender/occupation stereotype and mentioning it can be construed as lack of said social skills :) But that's OK I am used to irony-blind and don't discriminate. It used to be that social skills were required to be successful at getting laid, now they demand it for ........... geek jobs.
Yes, ladies, lack of social skills is pretty much a prerequisite of being a geek which good engineers/scientists are. And if you all you want to do is to talk all day long and master your social skills at coding department of google then they are indeed in trouble.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...oyee-behind-anti-diversity-memo-perpetuating/

He got fired for quote "perpetuating gender stereotypes". They claimed that violated the code of conduct.

???

Are you serious?

Well, no. You're just not quite capable of controlling yourself.

First bit of evidence for that, what the guy fired said, according to the webpage you yourself linked:
James Damore, a Harvard university graduate who had worked at Google for four years, <snip>.

<snip> revealed he had been dismissed by Google for “perpetuating gender stereotypes

Now, let's have what Google’s chief executive is reported as having said, again according to the webpage you linked:
Sundar Pichai, the company’s chief executive, said that while parts of the memo were fair to debate, much of it violated the company’s code of conduct. “To suggest a group of our colleagues have traits that make them less biologically suited to that work is offensive and not OK,” he said in an email to staff.

Now, look carefully, because there's a difference between the two pronouncements.

I'm quite sure you won't see it but it's there, right under your nose.

You're probably just not quite capable of controlling yourself so you will see what you've already decided is to be seen to accord with your prejudice against Google or some category that includes Google.

That's really a test of your intellectual and psychological capabilities. Are you up to it?

Personally, if I disliked this guy Sundar Pichai, I would still give him this that he knows what to say and how to say it. I'm impressed. Thumbs up.

You should take a leaf or two from his book.
EB

Its a misinterpretation and/or miscarachterisation of what the engineer said. He's just repeating the PC outcry.

Its a misinterpretation and/or miscarachterisation of what the engineer said. He's just repeating the PC outcry.
You're not even making sense.

Good bye.
EB

Back
Top Bottom