• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Great Nestle Water Heist

62 million gallons per year is only .0004% of the annual amount of water used per year in CA. Far less than most farms in CA. To think that this would have an impact on drought conditions is silly. Drinking water is not the problem, agriculture is.

Thank you. I was sure it was drop in the bucket but I didn't know how small.

Said proponents of the dumbest argument ever.

aa

- - - Updated - - -

If this were a small company such that this water bottling in California was the majority of their operations they would be fucked so hard.

Right?!!? I mean we have to let them steal water. Otherwise they might lose money!

aa

How dare you criticize a corporation? Communist! [/Conservolibertarian]

- - - Updated - - -

So as long as stealing water doesn't cause a drought, I can steal as much water as I want? Then why do I have to pay a water bill at all? Can't I just refuse to pay?

A property right dispute does not necessarily equal theft. If you think you have a legitimate claim to use as much water as you want without paying anything and are prepared to defend your claim, go for it.

So as long as I have enough lawyers, I can take whatever I want from whomever I want?

Great. That sounds totally different from theft! Thank you for clearing up that huge difference!

Back
Top Bottom